The Law in Snippettsville

wildsweetone said:
Should I ask what a 'bullhorn' is?

What WH said, a voice amplifier. My son bought one (for the sole purpose of being annoying) and got complaints from elderly women about his loud announcements that they were sexy. I did have to wonder if the cops would return the bullhorn if he apologized and told the biddies he didn't mean what he said...

Happiness,
Wantonica:rose:

Last edited:
Wantonica said:
What WH said, a voice amplifier. My son bought one (for the sole purpose of being annoying) and got complaints from elderly women about his loud announcements that they were sexy. I did have to wonder if the cops would return the bullhorn if he apologized and told the biddies he didn't mean what he said...

Happiness,

Wantonica,

I'm sure the cops would; however, the phrasing of the apology is of supreme importance. He should not refer to the cops as biddies, that's no longer politically correct.

S

sailorm72003 said:
Wantonica,

I'm sure the cops would; however, the phrasing of the apology is of supreme importance. He should not refer to the cops as biddies, that's no longer politically correct.

S

I was talking about apologizing to the ladies, "old biddies" if you will. My boy is long gone in the Army, and never did get his bullhorn back. I don't feel sorry for him about it, though. Why would you pay $80 for a voice amplifier?

Giggles,

I caught the biddies, was a (poor) attempt at humor.

I wouldn't pay 8.00 for an amplifier, but I have a housefull of kids who would probably love it. Luckily, I can over-rule the use of loud obnoxious toys!

S

sailorm72003 said:

Luckily, I can over-rule the use of loud obnoxious toys!
S

You are talking to a mother who used to take the clickers out of the toys that went "click-click-click-click-click" all day long. I'm so ashamed.

On the subject of law in Snippettsville, do we have a jail? As a prerequisite to that question, are we the county seat? Are we big enough to be the county seat?

Smiles,
Wantonica :rose:

No, we're not the County seat

but I think we might have a one-cell jail lying around somewhere. I think I saw it in behind Tom Holt's office. I could be wrong.

Alex

Cozy jail cell?

Alex De Kok said:
but I think we might have a one-cell jail lying around somewhere.
With a nice firm mattress I trust.

wantonly*, Perdita

*not to be confused w/Chinese soup specialty

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: No, we're not the County seat

Alex De Kok said:
but I think we might have a one-cell jail lying around somewhere. I think I saw it in behind Tom Holt's office. I could be wrong.

Alex

Actually, I think there are three holding cells -- one for the drunk who started the fight, one for the one who was winning it, and one in between to keep them from continuing the fight through the bars while they sober up.

I think a holding cell would be grand. Wish we had one here... when my son got into trouble, I had to drive 20 miles in the middle of the night to get him out. Also, we could have 'Otis' put himself in when he was drunk, like on the Andy Griffith program.

Smiles,

Back