The new number one

An aside:

I turned off all voting on my poems about 6 months ago.

There has been nothing better for my poetic freedom and happiness.

"It is better to be happy than to win" (okay I am working on this one!)

Also, my theoriy about favoritism:

1. People become friends here because they mutually like each other's poetry.
2. So they read what they like, which so happens to be their friends.

Just a little piece of the picture.

Tath,

"my two cents
means nothing in the end but why should I miss the bitch party"

pass the chips and I will give you a dime.

:)

party on dude

neonurotic said:
As for what my intent in the poem, I'd have to give you a brief history about myself in doing so. This poem is deeply personal to me as the pretty image of the female form and tree is a juxtaposed facade of the ugliness of some very bad events that have occured in my life. I'm an ex-navy corpman. I spent a couple years in Guam or Japan. During that time I had an experience with search and rescue of a crashed airliner that killed many people and it triggered my PTSD and the disorders associated with it.

The significance of Sasebo in my poem that is the place where therapy revealed the root of my PTSD from my childhood and is the place where my self-destruction began. I lost myself in alcohol and sex, but did manage to find a real friend in a different world who made that time in my life a little more bearable. If not for my friendship with "Setsu", I wouldn't be here.

Okay that's it. Hopefully, ya'll read my poetry with new eyes as I've revealed quite a lot about myself, more than I'm comfortable with, but sometimes a person doesn't heal/grow until they do the uncomfortable.

Thanks again :rose:

Thanks Neo, for sharing. In recounting what was in your mind and imagination ... I do find the misprell of "Saki," particularly where it is placed, appropriate, and I'd not change it for the world!

I know you want to move to a different poem, but I did want to ask about your word choices of the cities, and all within region of Nagasaki? I did see destruction and reconstruction in the poem - if you will - although I never, even with the sensual image of the woman, saw a relationship with two people, and addiction at the core, but rather a greater relationship with cultures?

I know it means something to you, but I wonder generally ... as I do with all of our poems ... if we can (because sometimes poems are indirect) if you will, in this case make it more succinct?

Sometimes I think poetry, beyond all other writing, and because of its use of semiotics as metaphors, similes, indexes, analogy, parable et al ... need the most precise of language?

Again, in your context, I think 'saki' speaks more about your own thoughts of the poem than any analysis or interpretation could. KEEP IT!

CharleyH said:
Thanks Neo, for sharing. In recounting what was in your mind and imagination ... I do find the misprell of "Saki," particularly where it is placed, appropriate, and I'd not change it for the world!

I know you want to move to a different poem, but I did want to ask about your word choices of the cities, and all within region of Nagasaki? I did see destruction and reconstruction in the poem - if you will - although I never, even with the sensual image of the woman, saw a relationship with two people, and addiction at the core, but rather a greater relationship with cultures?

I know it means something to you, but I wonder generally ... as I do with all of our poems ... if we can (because sometimes poems are indirect) if you will, in this case make it more succinct?

Sometimes I think poetry, beyond all other writing, and because of its use of semiotics as metaphors, similes, indexes, analogy, parable et al ... need the most precise of language?

Again, in your context, I think 'saki' speaks more about your own thoughts of the poem than any analysis or interpretation could. KEEP IT!
No mystery there with the word choice, Charley. Honestly, anything political was furthermost from my mind. Sasebo was a port my ship frequented and stayed most of the time. Even though its industrial with the steel factories and ship outfitters, there is simple, delicate beauty in a park in the middle of that ugly steel. That's what the tree signifies in the poem. It was a picture I took years ago and it's what I see when I think of Japan. Saki, as I said that was just a misspell.. haha. No subconcious messages there.

I guess, Charley, if anyone still wants to analyze/interpret my poem Sasebo, I guess it's all right. I was just embarassed after revealing something so private about myself. Hey, it's the fun part of having anxieties. ;)

neonurotic said:
No mystery there with the word choice, Charley. Honestly, anything political was furthermost from my mind. Sasebo was a port my ship frequented and stayed most of the time. Even though its industrial with the steel factories and ship outfitters, there is simple, delicate beauty in a park in the middle of that ugly steel. That's what the tree signifies in the poem. It was a picture I took years ago and it's what I see when I think of Japan. Saki, as I said that was just a misspell.. haha. No subconcious messages there.

I guess, Charley, if anyone still wants to analyze/interpret my poem Sasebo, I guess it's all right. I was just embarassed after revealing something so private about myself. Hey, it's the fun part of having anxieties. ;)

:) Ok, so why use the cities? Just a question, love. :)

CharleyH said:
:) Ok, so why use the cities? Just a question, love. :)
One city.. haha. The city of Sasebo, the place was significant to me and that is why.I included it in the poem.

neonurotic said:
One city.. haha. The city of Sasebo, the place was significant to me and that is why.I included it in the poem.

Hm there were more. :)

PS thanks for going on. :kiss:

CharleyH said:
Hm there were more. :)

PS thanks for going on. :kiss:
What more? Which cities? I only named Sasebo in my poem :confused:

I'm not trying to be facetious or avoidant, honest. :)

Back