The Oscars

kellycummings said:
The problem is the when fans pick their faves it's usually garbage. While many movie fans do have good taste there are way too many that don't. Otherwise how can you explain Jackass: The Movie; Armaggedon; any Adam Sandler movie (other than Punch Drunk Love), and many, many others.
Fans are notoriously stupid sometimes.
I will agree though that Return of the King should win but I have doubts about whether it will or not. Jackson should most certainly get best director though.

I kinda disagree because I think that if a Movie DOES entertain people and are 1.5-3 hours of good fun (like Armageddon or Adam Sandler movies) then they absolutely do what they are supposed to do. I think you have to see movies in two categories. One: the movies that are really good, have a meaning, and give you more than just entertainment. Two: Movies that are like fast-food, having fun while consuming them and then throw away the rests.
So I guess there are a lot of movies of category 2 that you could call good in that way.
I think Return of the King was the best picture last year(of all time, but that's just my opinion) but I agree with you that it won't win. I guess Mystic River will win that.
Oh and as for Jackass - I don't know that either, ask some 14-year-olds
Snoopy, off to the premier of The Return of the puppy.

Back