The Travel Thread

It sounds and seems so effortless when you speak English though.
Oh yes, English is a lot more effortless than German, because German makes my brain melt and I don’t hear and use it so often… English is everywhere.

But German feels better and nicer in my mouth than English does. No one ever understands what I mean when I say some languages make mouth tired, but that’s how it is. 😂

As long as you have visited the Miniatur Wunderland. There is a very special level of hell for people who dare to skip this when going to Hamburg.

I already feel the hell of missing out. How have I not heard about this?!
It looks truly great :)D) both looking at design (I mean, the dude flashing people!), construction and automation.
eTA: Do I mean automation? I think I mean automation.

I’ll do my utmost not to miss it when I go to Hamburg instead of through.
I should be going as soon as possible actually to visit family or mishpocheh rather, but there is just too much going on at the time.

Oh yes, English is a lot more effortless than German, because German makes my brain melt and I don’t hear and use it so often… English is everywhere.

But German feels better and nicer in my mouth than English does. No one ever understands what I mean when I say some languages make mouth tired, but that’s how it is. 😂

Well, I for one don’t speak enough languages well enough to have time to get mouth tired. 😁
But I do get what you mean to some extent just the other way around but I think that’s because speaking German doesn’t feel like speaking a foreign language to me, while English does.

Last edited:
I'm going to Nashville with my mother, her sister (my aunt), and her cousin (my...first cousin once removed? I'm not entirely sure how that works). Anyway, we're going Thursday and coming back Sunday. Anybody got any suggestions for things we must do or places we must eat or things we must try?

I'm going to Nashville with my mother, her sister (my aunt), and her cousin (my...first cousin once removed? I'm not entirely sure how that works). Anyway, we're going Thursday and coming back Sunday. Anybody got any suggestions for things we must do or places we must eat or things we must try?
Nashville literally has something to meet every taste. So look for what you typically like or that sound interesting to you.

Y'all, I'm in an Air BnB in the middle of nowhere with no phone service in the basement of a house that's flying a flag that says, I shit you not, "God, guns, and Trump."

If I go missing, I don't know what to tell y'all.

Y'all, I'm in an Air BnB in the middle of nowhere with no phone service in the basement of a house that's flying a flag that says, I shit you not, "God, guns, and Trump."

Oh sweetie....
If you want to PM me with an address for the Air BnB, I will make sure it gets to the right people if something bad happens.
(Seriously, it is closely related to my work.)

Yikes. 😬

Oh sweetie....
If you want to PM me with an address for the Air BnB, I will make sure it gets to the right people if something bad happens.
(Seriously, it is closely related to my work.)

Thank you, but I did manage to think to post the address on my Facebook, so maybe I'll be found if I get axe murdered in the middle of the night!

I know, right?

Oh, man....

Interesting times!

Just dropping in to say I made it through the night!

Good thing!
We don’t want to have to storm the place.

So I made it back from that Nashville trip, and all I have to say is "Never again."

Nashville itself is fine. My traveling companions, on the other hand....

I did, at least, get to see the statue of Athena Parthenos, one of the several Goddesses that I worship, at the Parthenon, so that was nice.

Athena.jpeg

So I made it back from that Nashville trip, and all I have to say is "Never again."

Nashville itself is fine. My traveling companions, on the other hand....

I did, at least, get to see the statue of Athena Parthenos, one of the several Goddesses that I worship, at the Parthenon, so that was nice.

View attachment 2240757
What a shame. Altho it’s a little too commercialized for me, Nashville is a fun town.

glad you saw the Parthenon. It’s something else. What else did you do there? Music? Museums?

What a shame. Altho it’s a little too commercialized for me, Nashville is a fun town.

glad you saw the Parthenon. It’s something else. What else did you do there? Music? Museums?

We fucking went to Woodlawn cemetery to look at dead famous people's graves/mausoleums for three hours and got something to eat, then they decided it was too crowded because it was CMA weekend, so we drove two hours back to our creepy AirBnB--yes, they got one *two hours* out of town because they're so fucking cheap--and they went to bed at 9 pm.

The day before, we stopped in Ethridge, TN, to gawk at the Amish people.

Edited to add: Oh, I forgot we stopped at Hurricane Mills the day we went to Ethridge, but we got there too late to take any of the tours, so we just walked through the gift shops and left.

So much for a fun-filled weekend. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry, guys, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a trip to Nashville. Just don't go with people like I went with!

Last edited:
I am currently in Thüringen in central Germany. Look at the price of a pint of beer and a brandy (Brauner) 😳

😂😂😂

*hic

😳
That has to be super exceptional, even for Thüringen though?

That looks great. I’m going to a Munich, Berlin, and then taking a train to Paris in July.

I am so stoked!

That sounds great!

We fucking went to Woodlawn cemetery to look at dead famous people's graves/mausoleums for three hours and got something to eat, then they decided it was too crowded because it was CMA weekend, so we drove two hours back to our creepy AirBnB--yes, they got one *two hours* out of town because they're so fucking cheap--and they went to bed at 9 pm.

Edited to add: Oh, I forgot we stopped at Hurricane Mills the day we went to Ethridge, but we got there too late to take any of the tours, so we just walked through the gift shops and left.

I'm sorry, guys, there is absolutely nothing wrong with a trip to Nashville. Just don't go with people like I went with!

Ugh, sorry Bunny!
It’s hard to do your own thing when you are staying that far away too.
The AirBnB makes a great story for life though!

Don’t give me that. You said, “we have to stop and see the Amish because furniture and cookies and Athena could kick Martin Luther’s ass, and also quilts and pies!”

I think you were drunk.

Back