The Tristan Tzara Challenge

being unfaithful but true

so this is my absurd take on absurdaity
I took the fun lines from all the peoms written about my torrid affair
cut them out and randomly asembled these lines in the stanzas where they happened to land, I deleted words, but did not add any, it came out rather well, well I like it anyway...

Being unfaithful but true

Wonder, look
tie my hands
I like the pain
ragged breath
drag me under

I feed you, you feed me
smoldering heat
cast away routine
alive on fire
as we tease one another

Its only an affair
hot temper
on my lips
pull my hair
dirty low cheater

all night fucking
sharing hearts
tasting and teasing
hotwax, nails, teeth, music
discovering every nick and curve of her soul

slick sweet soft
how fingers find you
swollen ripe with desire
oh sweet temptation
soft and warm in my bed

playing with fire
my heart heavy hot
deep blending rythyms
satisfied and content
different lifetime set away

I'm all for deep blending rythyms!!

Tzara is that AV you? phawwwwwww
Ah, no, sorry. That is Dr. Albert Hoffman, best known as the person who first synthesized d-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD). Dr. Hoffman is much more distinguished looking than I am, and a bit older. He just turned 102 in January, though that picture is some fifteen or so years old.

Which means he's still significantly older (and more distinguished) than me in it. :)

I've been a lurker here for a week or so, but looking at this fun thread I felt I had to join in with a little effort of my own, cooked up for the purpose.

So hello everyone and here is a teensy bit of DaDa.

Ne croyez pas ceci

Don't believe this: I need it more than love.

Palm fronds grow alongside the white wall, each leaf
the size of a man.
These monsters of the daylight invent their own night-religion
parallel to the world.
A comma scissors through the mummified sky.

Don't believe this: I need it more than you.

In a dream the poison covers the world
like a green ocean.
Awake, she must simply enter a room. Try to wake up.
I am faithful, always, to the white garden
the white sun, the white shavings of the cherry-red sea.

Don't believe this: everything will be fine.
"Blicero," huh? Fellow Pynchonite?

Quite right, sir. I was going to go for Tantivy Mucker-Maffick but it was a tad too long.

And Slothrop would have been too obvious. Hey-ho!
Benny Profane would seem to be more appropriate for this place. Or, God forbid, Pig Bodine. ;)

Benny Profane would seem to be more appropriate for this place. Or, God forbid, Pig Bodine. ;)

Damn, you are right sir! I should have opted for the less sinister but more ubiquitous Pig Bodine. I believe in ubiquity as a personal goal -- far more interesting than wealth.

Damn, you are right sir! I should have opted for the less sinister but more ubiquitous Pig Bodine. I believe in ubiquity as a personal goal -- far more interesting than wealth.
I think my choice might have been Pirate Prentice. Have a fondness for bananas because of that character.

Well, welcome, anyway. At least we two know the double super secret handshake. I think Eluard does too, if he drops 'round later.

Perhaps this should be a thread--"What Thomas Pynchon character are you?"

Regards,

Zoyd

Ah, no, sorry. That is Dr. Albert Hoffman, best known as the person who first synthesized d-Lysergic Acid Diethylamide (LSD). Dr. Hoffman is much more distinguished looking than I am, and a bit older. He just turned 102 in January, though that picture is some fifteen or so years old.

Which means he's still significantly older (and more distinguished) than me in it. :)

Well I have always gone for the older man but that is maybe just a tad too old so what do you look like then everyone can see me *waves from avatar*

Uh, Robert Downey, Jr.?
<----

Oh, yeah. Maybe not.
Sugar Dadaist,

Kiss me on my purple prose
to string me along
on your knee I perched
until the orange
peeled me off and lap
dancers squirmed
in your pants she found twenty
dollar bills and one candy
to suck and all he could say
Da. Da. Schmect gut?

I think my choice might have been Pirate Prentice. Have a fondness for bananas because of that character.

Well, welcome, anyway. At least we two know the double super secret handshake. I think Eluard does too, if he drops 'round later.

Perhaps this should be a thread--"What Thomas Pynchon character are you?"

Regards,

Zoyd

Right you are, Zoyd. I am indeed a Pynchonophiliac. And I agree about Pirate Prentice — a great character, though he fades into a metaverse rather sadly in part 4.

I think the girls around here would be fighting over who gets to be Katya. Not the least being our esteemed thread starter.

Right you are, Zoyd. I am indeed a Pynchonophiliac. And I agree about Pirate Prentice — a great character, though he fades into a metaverse rather sadly in part 4.

I think the girls around here would be fighting over who gets to be Katya. Not the least being our esteemed thread starter.

Yes, I can see this now. A board of Katyas looking for a General Pudding. :)

I mean really, so far I've seen 3 nerdlings massing on the "already read it" side and have yet to see any other opinions from the more femine side of the forum. Tell the truth, is Gravity's Rainbow a must?

I mean really, so far I've seen 3 nerdlings massing on the "already read it" side and have yet to see any other opinions from the more femine side of the forum. Tell the truth, is Gravity's Rainbow a must?

From the nerd side, absolutely: that and Snow Crash are, in this nerd's op., the must-reads from the last fifty years.

But if you are only fishing for female comments then the above will be an irrelevant response.

Nerdling?

Something appropriate for this thread. Desnos was the leading Surrealist poet.

They burned his final poems…

for Robert Desnos

In Buchenwald you were allowed to see the world
that was not your world.
It was there in the valley below, beyond
the barbed wire fences and the
guard towers —
a meadow of unexploded green grass.

Work details may have taken you there
but mostly to the forests
to bury the dying
and the dead.
Those forests that are sunless and devoid of life.
(Even today it is unknown how many
are buried there.)
But further, over a hill and along
a short road,
there is the house where Goethe lived
and the house where Nietzsche died
and the same lifeless silence
eats away at both.

You died there from typhus
and despair
as the final gunshots of the war
echoed out across
the valley.
And the victors burned all of your
final poems,
there in your suitcase,
because poetry is a living thing
a hundred times more living than
those who made you
'a hundred times more shade
than shade.'

loststar said:
Being unfaithful but true

Wonder, look
tie my hands
I like the pain
ragged breath
drag me under

I feed you, you feed me
smoldering heat
cast away routine
alive on fire
as we tease one another

Its only an affair
hot temper
on my lips
pull my hair
dirty low cheater

all night fucking
sharing hearts
tasting and teasing
hotwax, nails, teeth, music
discovering every nick and curve of her soul

slick sweet soft
how fingers find you
swollen ripe with desire
oh sweet temptation
soft and warm in my bed

playing with fire
my heart heavy hot
deep blending rythyms
satisfied and content
different lifetime set away

Like this one!

Nerdling?

Yes, I noticed that too — patronizing or what?
<ahem>That would be matronizing...

I thought that calling you all fully-fledged nerds would have been even worse than using "nerdling" as the noun. I apologize, next time I won't couch my expression ;).

Nerd qualifications, lemme see: <googling> <<< yes that is one.

I found an interesting discussion group called "The Nerd Academy". Now, what better venue to test anyone's nerd qualifications could I find? They even have an admissions standard where I found several common characteristics listed in a sort of curriculum vitae of nerdliness.
  • You must be at least 60% male
  • Know at least one episode's worth of dialogue from at least one animated television series
  • Know that when someone says, wow, they're not astounded by you
  • Been drunk at most 3 times your senior year of high school
  • Play video games 3 hours of the 8 hours per day you spend on your computer (bonus if you do so while you're working)
  • Know that there are 3 remakes of "I Am Legend" (to date in April 2008) with Ωmega Man being your fave
  • Had more than 1 diploma course of Science and based your course selection on the level of fun you could have in the lab
  • Understand that when I ask you to rewrite my html I really want foreplay
  • Not know when to stop making a list listing nerd qualifications
  • Your novels of preference include either computer/robot characters, dragons, nuclear fallout and sometimes tentacle sex but always tentacled aliens or a suitable combination of all of these
  • Approve of the Star Wars trilogy now having 6 episodes and hope for more
  • Was I supposed to quit?
I see I probably could have called you guys Nerds after all...

Last edited:
Yes, I noticed that too — patronizing or what?
No, not patronizing. Kind of funny. It makes me think of us cowering somewhere underground, like the Niebelungen in Act III of Das Rheingold while Champie cracks some literary whip over our sorry backsides.

Um, no, I don't think I am submissive. Why do you ask? :rolleyes:

Back