This is dedicated

Oh Boo! *Hugkisstacklesqueal*

Baby girl, how the hell are you? I've missed you like crazy! It is so, so good to see you. Let me find something special for you.

Here. Some Janis just for you!

Stick around baby. This place is always improved by your presence.

:kiss::kiss::kiss:

Thanks so much, my friend. But I have no sound nor can I watch videos. I have GOT to rob a bank!! Or a computer store.

I am so disgusted!

Last edited:
this one is dedicated to the effervescent, unpredictablebijou--- and really, more for the sound of the song rather than the lyrics. I heard it on the radio a couple days ago and thought of her...anyway :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI

Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a landslide-
No escape from reality-
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see-
Im just a poor boy,i need no sympathy-
Because Im easy come,easy go,
A little high,little low,
Anyway the wind blows,doesnt really matter to me,
To me

Mama,just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger,now hes dead,
Mama,life had just begun,
But now Ive gone and thrown it all away-
Mama ooo,
Didnt mean to make you cry-
If Im not back again this time tomorrow-
Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters-

Too late,my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine-
Bodys aching all the time,
Goodbye everybody-Ive got to go-
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth-
Mama ooo- (any way the wind blows)
I dont want to die,
I sometimes wish Id never been born at all-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango-
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro-magnifico-
But Im just a poor boy and nobody loves me-
Hes just a poor boy from a poor family-
Spare him his life from this monstrosity-
Easy come easy go-,will you let me go-
Bismillah! no-,we will not let you go-let him go-
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go let me go
No,no,no,no,no,no,no-
Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye-
So you think you can love me and leave me to die-
Oh baby-cant do this to me baby-
Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here-

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

:heart:

NJ

This one is for Tath ;) wheres he been anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KU5VQSdZoco

Monkey Man
(Jagger/Richards)

I'm a fleabit peanut monkey
All my friends are junkies
That's not really true

I'm a cold Italian pizza
I could use a lemon squeezer
What you do?

But I've been bit and I've been tossed around
By every she-rat in this town
Have you, babe?

Well, I am just a monkey man
I'm glad you are a monkey woman too

I was bitten by a boar
I was gouged and I was gored
But I pulled on through

Yes, I'm a sack of broken eggs
I always have an unmade bed
Don't you?

Well, I hope we're not too messianic
Or a trifle too satanic
We love to play the blues

Well I am just a monkey man
I'm glad you are a monkey, monkey woman
Monkey woman too, babe!

I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey!
I'm a monkey man! I'm a monkey man!
I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey! I'm a monkey!
Monkey! monkey! monkey!.......

Wow, NJ. Isn't THIS just perfect!!

this one is dedicated to the effervescent, unpredictablebijou--- and really, more for the sound of the song rather than the lyrics. I heard it on the radio a couple days ago and thought of her...anyway :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI

Is this the real life-
Is this just fantasy-
Caught in a landslide-
No escape from reality-
Open your eyes
Look up to the skies and see-
Im just a poor boy,i need no sympathy-
Because Im easy come,easy go,
A little high,little low,
Anyway the wind blows,doesnt really matter to me,
To me

Mama,just killed a man,
Put a gun against his head,
Pulled my trigger,now hes dead,
Mama,life had just begun,
But now Ive gone and thrown it all away-
Mama ooo,
Didnt mean to make you cry-
If Im not back again this time tomorrow-
Carry on,carry on,as if nothing really matters-

Too late,my time has come,
Sends shivers down my spine-
Bodys aching all the time,
Goodbye everybody-Ive got to go-
Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth-
Mama ooo- (any way the wind blows)
I dont want to die,
I sometimes wish Id never been born at all-

I see a little silhouetto of a man,
Scaramouche,scaramouche will you do the fandango-
Thunderbolt and lightning-very very frightening me-
Galileo,galileo,
Galileo galileo
Galileo figaro-magnifico-
But Im just a poor boy and nobody loves me-
Hes just a poor boy from a poor family-
Spare him his life from this monstrosity-
Easy come easy go-,will you let me go-
Bismillah! no-,we will not let you go-let him go-
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let him go
Bismillah! we will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go-let me go
Will not let you go let me go
No,no,no,no,no,no,no-
Mama mia,mama mia,mama mia let me go-
Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me,for me,for me-

So you think you can stone me and spit in my eye-
So you think you can love me and leave me to die-
Oh baby-cant do this to me baby-
Just gotta get out-just gotta get right outta here-

Nothing really matters,
Anyone can see,
Nothing really matters-,nothing really matters to me,

:heart:

NJ

I think of coming to you in passion
a slow and warm embrace,
feeling your hand upon my thigh
the glow of need in your face.
I dream of lying and tied beneath you
being spread and filled to the brim
do you know of whom I am yearning?
it could be you that is him.

NJ, thank you! What a fine and wacky choice, and of course I love me some Queen.

I finally have time to pay attention to some dedications.

Some Queen back atcha for the lovely Normal Jean. This is, I think, one of their most beautiful songs. Always makes me a little weepy.

And while I was searching for Queen, I ran across this, which is sorta crazy and beautiful in an extremely weird way. Maybe it's just me.

To the RL people chappin' my shorts and bunchin' my grunders, I dedicate this. Ange, this can do double duty as a dedication to your ex.

To BooMerengue, to tempt her into the Bistro. There's a table set for you. Is that Cheffie behind the bar? And might the dancing blonde be UnderYourSpell? I know you can't watch videos just yet, but this will still be here when you get your system all healed up, which I just know will happen soon.

And speaking of the Witchling, here's one for you. For when the hubby gets all fractious.

The loststar is lost in CA at the moment. Here's a little beacon for her safe return (through LAX - YUCK!) We play this one in the shop alla time. This one is a live version, and I couldn't help but notice that the drummer and the Oud player are HAWT.

One for Cheffie, who doesn't think I'm old enough to know any of this.
I experienced the 60's, I really did. Wore tiedye and batik and round colored sunglasses and listened to Jimi and Janis and the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar and put flowers in my hair. It's just that I did it when everyone else was having the late 70's.

And Sara Sara Sara sara sara... Dolby, like you, is one of my favorite poets.

Oh well I had to put this one in too. It's a completely gorgeous piece. Perhaps since it's about travelling, I'll dedicate it to Tzara.

And here's one for sassy, who shares many of my tastes in this area. Droppin' some old school funk on ya. Bonus: fabulous red codpieces!

And for TT2u, who shares my taste in Kate-ness, here's a beautiful favorite. MAJOR Bonus: Donald Omigod Sutherland.

For Dora, in admiration.

and for Pointless, our latest lovely cynic. I don't know your tastes yet but I think you may like this.

whew. what a set. sorta like visiting each of the planets, for ten minutes at a time.

bj

For this remarkable effort, for all you do for everyone else around here, for the cheer with which you approach this place, for your wisdom, your humor, your sensibility, your intelligence, your depth, your grace, your charm, your wackiness, your class, your lack of class, your taste, your lack of taste, I dedicate THIS to you: I think the others will agree.

NJ, thank you! What a fine and wacky choice, and of course I love me some Queen.

Some Queen back atcha for the lovely Normal Jean. This is, I think, one of their most beautiful songs. Always makes me a little weepy.

And while I was searching for Queen, I ran across this, which is sorta crazy and beautiful in an extremely weird way. Maybe it's just me.

To the RL people chappin' my shorts and bunchin' my grunders, I dedicate this. Ange, this can do double duty as a dedication to your ex.

To BooMerengue, to tempt her into the Bistro. There's a table set for you. Is that Cheffie behind the bar? And might the dancing blonde be UnderYourSpell? I know you can't watch videos just yet, but this will still be here when you get your system all healed up, which I just know will happen soon.

And speaking of the Witchling, here's one for you. For when the hubby gets all fractious.

The loststar is lost in CA at the moment. Here's a little beacon for her safe return (through LAX - YUCK!) We play this one in the shop alla time. This one is a live version, and I couldn't help but notice that the drummer and the Oud player are HAWT.

I experienced the 60's, I really did. Wore tiedye and batik and round colored sunglasses and listened to Jimi and Janis and the soundtrack to Jesus Christ Superstar and put flowers in my hair. It's just that I did it when everyone else was having the late 70's.

And Sara Sara Sara sara sara... Dolby, like you, is one of my favorite poets.

Oh well I had to put this one in too. It's a completely gorgeous piece. Perhaps since it's about travelling, I'll dedicate it to Tzara.

And here's one for sassy, who shares many of my tastes in this area. Droppin' some old school funk on ya. Bonus: fabulous red codpieces!

And for TT2u, who shares my taste in Kate-ness, here's a beautiful favorite. MAJOR Bonus: Donald Omigod Sutherland.

For Dora, in admiration.

and for Pointless, our latest lovely cynic. I don't know your tastes yet but I think you may like this.

whew. what a set. sorta like visiting each of the planets, for ten minutes at a time.

bj

For this remarkable effort, for all you do for everyone else around here, for the cheer with which you approach this place, for your wisdom, your humor, your sensibility, your intelligence, your depth, your grace, your charm, your wackiness, your class, your lack of class, your taste, your lack of taste, I dedicate THIS to you: I think the others will agree.

[drunk, transient post]

grooooooooooovin on this. late night at the shop. 2:34 am, in point of fact.

My gratitude is larger than I can easily express, and I'm going to need this energy very much when tomorrow comes. In that silly RL, I'm about to be a minor, undisciplined Pirate accidentally embroiled in Politics, with all that that implies.

back tomorrow afternoon. Thank you, ever so much.

bj
[/drunk, transient post]

Good morning, and thanks, Bijou. It is frustating. I know I should be able to fix this thing, but I can't. I have lots of ideas for dedications! Great thread, btw, Miss Ange! I guess I just have to wait for the old rusty bell in my head to ding and I'll remember what to do. And I'll come back to this; I promise.

*consider there's a flower here for you.
I can't even use the items available for posting here... aarrrggghhhhhh!!!

Last edited:

bj

Sweetie, you know how much I love Hendrix and all the music from the sixties (I still play "Are You Experienced" at least once every week), but this is my favorite rendition of Little Wing

Sweetie, you know how much I love Hendrix and all the music from the sixties (I still play "Are You Experienced" at least once every week), but this is my favorite rendition of Little Wing

Well, okay, Stevie has my permission to cover that song. And Sting will also not be killed for his cover of it. Other than that, I really think covers of this should be legally prohibited.

Difference is, when Stevie played it, I could tell he loved his guitar. When Jimi played it, I could tell he loved a woman.

that's just me, though. It is a stunning cover.

bj

Well, okay, Stevie has my permission to cover that song. And Sting will also not be killed for his cover of it. Other than that, I really think covers of this should be legally prohibited.

Difference is, when Stevie played it, I could tell he loved his guitar. When Jimi played it, I could tell he loved a woman.

that's just me, though. It is a stunning cover.

bj

Sure, on the other hand, the first time I heard This it changed Rock 'n Roll for me forever. So I mean no disrespect, but sometimes...just sometimes... Maybe that's why there are so many guitar players. Truth is, after hearing Jimi, some players tried harder, some just threw their Strats down and gave up. Thank God Stevie didn't. I loved his guitar too (although Jerry had this Gibson SG that...Oh, never mind. It's too personal).

Back