To find an editor, you must first be one!

Hi Graymouse

Ronde said:

Greymouse, instead of starting another thread, why not find a couple of authors who's work you like,

=============

Check out their handling of contractions, you never know
who's competent in this area.!!
(It's an area with pitfalls all its own)

Ronde, being one of our best writers and more careful proofreaders of posted stories, sometimes present irresistible temptation!!!

:)

Uhhh..., thanks, Pure, for the compliment. I ain't telling nobody what I got on that there test though; nope, not never.

I got 'm all right too. And I agree with Josh. It is OK to have high standards for an editor.

I also agree with W Harold-- when he says the rewrite is in the author's hands. (But then I always agree with W H )...

Last edited:
Harold's a great guy. He's intelligent, caring, honest, patriotic, loyal, and a gentleman. I don't know what's wrong with the women in Las Vegas.

I missed this discussion, and started something similar in Editor's Forum, under the title:
In Search Of Potential Editors. http://www.literotica.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114090

[ Don't know WHERE my head was at, thinking I should be posting a suggestion about Editors in the Editors Forum?!?!] :confused:

Most of it was variations on items already covered here, but I had one thought about how an Author [or Editor] could advise people reading his/her post when his/her dance card was full:

. . . the Writer [or Editor] would go back to his/her original message and using the [Bulletin board's] edit function, add "EDITOR ACCEPTED" [or "POSITION FILLED"] at the beginning of the message.

This would perform the twofold task of warning other potential Editors [or Writers] that further response would be a waste of time, as well as permitted other authors [and Editors] to see how successful or unsuccessful the system is.

Back