Tolyk's Gallery

Just so amazingly beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us. :)

Wow, I love the photos you posted last night! You captured the most amazing sunrise! The reflection in the lake is stunning. The third one is perfect, love the mystical blues nestled in the valley with the warm-lit clouds above. The second panorama would've been my favorite, but I wish the background and sunrise could've been as sharp as the foreground, as the one above it is. Nonetheless, the colors are amazing! I love the bundle of grasses in the lower left, nice detail!

The long exposure image of water rushing past the detailed ice formations is also exquisite, love how you get the warm yellows of the rocks standing against the cool wintry ice and snow.

Wow, I love the photos you posted last night! You captured the most amazing sunrise! The reflection in the lake is stunning. The third one is perfect, love the mystical blues nestled in the valley with the warm-lit clouds above. The second panorama would've been my favorite, but I wish the background and sunrise could've been as sharp as the foreground, as the one above it is. Nonetheless, the colors are amazing! I love the bundle of grasses in the lower left, nice detail!

The long exposure image of water rushing past the detailed ice formations is also exquisite, love how you get the warm yellows of the rocks standing against the cool wintry ice and snow.

Yeah, thought I was fully in focus for the pano, but I was using 10 stops of ND and couldn't actually see through my lens at all. Must have bumped the lens during the pano :( I took the reference photo first to check focus. (that's the one you like)

Your photography makes me want to buy new art pieces! Omg, the mountain and icey river..... fucking amazing!!!

Did a large print of one of my images as a Christmas gift. Quite happy with the result,

Last edited:
Absolutely Amazing

Tol, your eye for the beauty around you never ceases to amaze me!
Thank you for sharing with us! Such beauty in the world many of us wouldn't see, except through the lens of your camera!:kiss:

Tol, your eye for the beauty around you never ceases to amaze me!
Thank you for sharing with us! Such beauty in the world many of us wouldn't see, except through the lens of your camera!:kiss:

amazing work, thanks for sharing Tolyk!

Thank you ladies :) I'm heading back up for another attempt at the sunrise on the 28th. Hopefully have just as good conditions from this new location. If not, I'm sure I'll still come home with some keepers.

A sunrise to brighten everyone's new year :)

Last edited:
The previous shot was captured right before I did a large panoramic image:

Last edited:
The previous shot was captured right before I did a large panoramic image:

(Image omitted for brevity)

three questions/comments on this one:

Is this a special lens that allows you to take such a wide angle shot or is it one of those digital programs that allows you to snap and pivot and snap another, again and again? I've never used either and just curious. I think I've seen an example of "snap and pivot" but theirs' had a curious ripple relic towards the sides.

From a 3D art perspective, some of the mountains look like they have had a texture projected on the front face which results in a "smeared" look along the sides. From a geological perspective, I believe this is an example of an "uplift" mountain range which causes a "smeared textures" look on adjacent mountains. Another "famous" example of such would be the Vasquez Rocks seen in numerous Star Trek and other tv shows and movies. Uplifted mountains typically have jagged peaks whereas eroded mountains usually have much more rounded.

From a personal perspective, it's amazing when the capture preceding, which also is a sub-image of the panoramic, it has more golden hues whilst the panoramic exhibits more cinnamon hues. I understand there might have been a time delay between the two, but it just amazed me how focusing in on one point gives a different range (no pun intended) which causes different emotions. A better example of the psychology of colors, I've never seen (or experienced).

three questions/comments on this one:

Is this a special lens that allows you to take such a wide angle shot or is it one of those digital programs that allows you to snap and pivot and snap another, again and again? I've never used either and just curious. I think I've seen an example of "snap and pivot" but theirs' had a curious ripple relic towards the sides.

From a 3D art perspective, some of the mountains look like they have had a texture projected on the front face which results in a "smeared" look along the sides. From a geological perspective, I believe this is an example of an "uplift" mountain range which causes a "smeared textures" look on adjacent mountains. Another "famous" example of such would be the Vasquez Rocks seen in numerous Star Trek and other tv shows and movies. Uplifted mountains typically have jagged peaks whereas eroded mountains usually have much more rounded.

From a personal perspective, it's amazing when the capture preceding, which also is a sub-image of the panoramic, it has more golden hues whilst the panoramic exhibits more cinnamon hues. I understand there might have been a time delay between the two, but it just amazed me how focusing in on one point gives a different range (no pun intended) which causes different emotions. A better example of the psychology of colors, I've never seen (or experienced).

1 - Not a special lens, it is multiple frames that I've used software to stitch together.

2 - This is the Rockies, they are rather new mountains, so they are very jagged. They have this effect you speak of.

3 - The golden hues are in both, they're just far more pronounced when it's all you can see. I quite prefer the single frame myself. I went up with the intention of doing a sunrise panorama though, so I captured it and edited it. When it's all done, the simple single frame is my preference this time. I do also enjoy the illusion created between the two seemingly vast different colours.

And another panoramic image:

23472721213_e096eda5fb_b.jpg

just stunning.,..beautifully exposed!

Your pictures always make me so happy to live where we do and inspire me to get out with my camera more often. Absolutely stunning, all of them.

Back