Trapped! I engaged with a troll, to my sorrow. and here's what happened

Some forum participants were not shy about calling the Literotica member who’s been hounding me a troll and there’s no reason why I should refrain from calling him so.

I opted to delete our futile discussion from my story ‘My Sister Kathy and I’ but when I looked at the story’s comments section today, my troll’s comments were no longer there. I deleted my comments and that was that.

The troll had indicated he’d stop pestering me only if I stopped publishing stories on Literotica. I, of course, will publish more stories if I wish to do so and he can suck a lemon.

Should he go on posting caustic comments directed at my stories, I’ll reinstate my saved copies of his entire vitriolic output to the end of ‘Kathy’ on the off chance that should readers light on that hapless tale, they might catch the troll’s comments and thrill at his masterful way of making friends and influencing people.

Thank you to all who responded.

chance that should readers light on that hapless tale, they might catch the troll’s comments and thrill at his masterful way of making friends and influencing people.
This is exactly why I'm from the school of never delete a comment. Let the other readers see what a jack ass they are. Great advertising for his own work.

You know, that incredible collection of two stories they have. :rolleyes:

More than one of us reported some of his comments, so the site likely nuked his comments.

More than one of us reported some of his comments, so the site likely nuked his comments.
It's not your right to decide whether a comment should be removed or not, that's up to the author who just posted they decided to leave those comments so people could see how ignorant that person is.

You did the troll a favor, not the OP.

Good job.

It's not your right to decide whether a comment should be removed or not, that's up to the author who just posted they decided to leave those comments so people could see how ignorant that person is.

You did the troll a favor, not the OP.

Good job.
You do you. When I see a comment that is harassing and abusive towards the author, I will report it. There is no excuse for that shit.

I don't really care if you think it 'helps' the troll or that it's not my place. If we weren't meant to let management know, there wouldn't be a report option. They make the decision to remove or not.

I don't cotton to a code of silence. Snitches don't get stitches, and we aren't on the schoolyard or prison.

If we weren't meant to let management know, there wouldn't be a report option. They make the decision to remove or not.

This.

Reporting comments is not really my style, but yelling at people for using the site as intended seems more than a little silly.

This.

Reporting comments is not really my style, but yelling at people for using the site as intended seems more than a little silly.
You realize that management let's all these comment through, right? Even the awful ones in the BTB section. They're thing is to let authors decide what they want to keep and delete. These comments in question were brought here by someone asking how they should handle this....as in themselves. They weren't looking for a hall monitor.

If I were to ask you for advice on how to fix my car, that's not asking you to fix it for me. Its hey, what do you think I should do.

The OP listens to responses, makes a decision, but someone decided to do it for them.

Let him go do that on your comments and see if your tune changes because I know I don't want anyone, unless it was the site itself for some reason, which I imagine would have to be egregious, deciding what I leave there.

I believe we tend to our own houses, meaning I want people staying the hell out of mine. I'd think most would feel the same way.

You realize that management let's all these comment through, right? Even the awful ones in the BTB section. They're thing is to let authors decide what they want to keep and delete. These comments in question were brought here by someone asking how they should handle this....as in themselves. They weren't looking for a hall monitor.

If I were to ask you for advice on how to fix my car, that's not asking you to fix it for me. Its hey, what do you think I should do.

The OP listens to responses, makes a decision, but someone decided to do it for them.

Yeah. Again, I'm not disagreeing with you in principle.

Let him go do that on your comments and see if your tune changes because I know I don't want anyone, unless it was the site itself for some reason, which I imagine would have to be egregious, deciding what I leave there.

That exact thing has happened before. I didn't even read the comment before it was removed. I shrugged and went on with my life, and somehow I've been able to overcome that trauma.

I believe we tend to our own houses, meaning I want people staying the hell out of mine. I'd think most would feel the same way.

I don't disagree.

Apparently, the site does. That's their prerogative. Nobody's forcing me to post here. In doing so, I am subject to their procedures and policies.

Back