Tribute

I wrote and published the first three novels of a projected 5 novel erotic horror series.

Book three published in...2018.

Part one of book four was complete in 2019 and a few random chapters in 2020/21

Nothing in the last three years. I created too many characters and story lines, have no idea how to tie them all up. Have even considered a rewrite of book three to get rid of a couple of problems-but then for those who read it, they'd be wondering WTF in book four.

Also just can't get the mindset back in general, and with a promotion at work that has me more involved and stressed and my wife's health issues, I have resigned myself to the fact it will never happen.

Sorry, Abigail, Seth, Lydia, Medusa, I did the best I could for as long as I could.
I have no doubt your writing will come back. I hope your wife is doing better. ❤️

Wolves of Winter will never see the light. It was a Neowestern Romance, but progress ground to a halt about half way through when I couldn't come up with an ending I liked. The manuscript has since disappeared, so I know it won't go anywhere.

I started what was intended to be a series for this site last year called Vacation with a Tryst. Which is about a woman who has an affair while on a vacation without her husband. I know very original. Anyway, I published the first part last August while working on the second part. About a month later I found out my wife was having an affair while on a business trip. I'm in the middle of a divorce now. Part two of Vacation with a Tryst is sitting in my draft folder, unfinished. I don't see myself touching it again anytime soon, if ever.
Oof. I've had a few "story leaks into reality" moments and they're disconcerting at the best of times.

I started what was intended to be a series for this site last year called Vacation with a Tryst. Which is about a woman who has an affair while on a vacation without her husband. I know very original. Anyway, I published the first part last August while working on the second part. About a month later I found out my wife was having an affair while on a business trip. I'm in the middle of a divorce now. Part two of Vacation with a Tryst is sitting in my draft folder, unfinished. I don't see myself touching it again anytime soon, if ever.
Never say never. It took me a couple of years after a similar real life expereince to yours, but I wrote a story about it as catharsis. I even posted it here, with a little truth-bending, as "Body and Soul".

I'm working on a Novella in my late-night efforts this week. It may never see the light of day, or it may never be published here. It concerns an evil man possessed by a Skinwalker (Navajo/Dine folklore) and a cursed Pirate from the 16 century who fights against the former. The cursed pirate is inspired by Russell Thorndike's Reverend Doctor Syn's stories. It's rather violent and contains at least mentions of rape. The evil man is called Thorton Lang (or Lange, whose spelling has not been settled yet). He goes by Thorn more often than not and is the Sheriff of a fictional county in Arizona. Christain Blackheart is the leader of a Christain Commune near the county seat. The Sheriff isn't just the sheriff. He is also the head of all the criminal activity in and beyond the county of the story.

It has many flashbacks to previous years and, in the case of Blackheart, centuries. Some of his previous names were Blackthorn, Blackburn, Blackall, and Blackale. I'm not sure how many of those names will be mentioned in flashbacks. He's having to atone for his wicked ways when he was a pirate.

I'm in love with the story, but as always, haven't a clue if it is any good yet.

Back