Vaginal Health

Shelleb4

What a wealth of misinformation....

2. Lice (pubic or otherwise) cannot live off a human body.

[as cited by KC]

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/lice/factsht_pubic_lice.htm

Pubic lice are usually spread through sexual contact. Rarely, infestation can be spread through contact with an infested person's bed linens, towels, or clothes. A common misbelief is that infestation can be spread by sitting on a toilet seat. This isn't likely, since lice cannot live long away from a warm human body. Also, lice do not have feet designed to walk or hold onto smooth surfaces such as toilet seats.

I agree with MooseL. So does the Center for Disease Control. Note the word 'long.'

Your posting is not entirely accurate in that point. I'm suggesting that if towels or bed linens can transmit lice, so could a cloth covered seat.

This source is somewhat more favorable to your position:

McKinley Health Center, University of Illinois

http://www.mckinley.uiuc.edu/health-info/dis-cond/commdis/pubiclic.html

HOW IS IT TRANSMITTED?
Pubic lice are usually transmitted through direct physical contact, especially of the genital areas. Occasionally transmission can occur through contact with an infested person's sheets, towels or clothes, as they can survive without a human host for one to two days. They are rarely transmitted from furniture or toilet seats because the lice that fall from their host are usually injured or dying. Lice cannot jump from person to person, nor can they be transmitted to or by animals. Infestation with pubic lice and the development of noticeable symptoms may occur immediately, or may be delayed 2-4 weeks if eggs have not hatched.

Again, the precautions and handling of linen in any good massage establishment give a good clue as to hygiene. The sheet or towel that one person contacts is taken and washed in hot water; not re used without that.

J.

Last edited:
Well, lice or no lice, im off to the shops now, minus the knickers. Its going to be an individual thing.

for me it is simply minimal risk = lots of slutty thoughts :)
and thats never a bad thing.

But if i see any of you sitting opposite me, please dont sharon stone me ok? actually, now i think about it, scrap that.:)

you can stone me any time, though some of us may not want to sit, bare, on that exact spot right away.

:rose:

Back