What a WONDERFUL day!!!

Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeedroooooooooo!!!

Vincent E said:
PS. It was 1918 for the Sox.
Dear V,
Yes, I realize I made a mistake on the date. I assumed that nobody would be impolite enough to make an issue of it, though. The RSox had a talented lefty pitching for them that year. George H. ..... Something.
MG
Ps. To Atlanta fans: Chop DIS. <hur hur>
Pps. Don't forget to kiss her on the strikes. Maybe something good will happen.

Last edited:
Re: Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeedroooooooooo!!!

MathGirl said:
Dear V,
Yes, I realize I made a mistake on the date. I assumed that nobody would be impolite enough to make an issue of it, though. The RSox had a talented lefty pitching for them that year. George H. ..... Something.
MG
Ps. To Atlanta fans: Chop DIS. <hur hur>
Pps. Don't forget to kiss her on the strikes. Maybe something good will happen.
You mean, maybe she'll kiss him on the pitches that aren't strikes? :)

MG,

I can't believe somone on the board would ever be impolite. Perish the thought.

And speaking of perish, as has the late, great G.H., the record of his that still amazes me the most is one he held as a pitcher for the most scoreless innings pitched in World Series games. It stood for over forty years until broken by Whitey Ford of that American League team from Bronx, NYC. Whenever some starts talking about any another player being the greatest ever, that record usually ends the discussion.

Rumple

Re: Re: Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeedroooooooooo!!!

Rumple Foreskin said:
You mean, maybe she'll kiss him on the pitches that aren't strikes? :)
Dear Rumple,
Could be, could be. Maybe.
MG

Mathgirl, there was certainly no intent on my part to be impolite, and I apologize for any infraction on my behalf, but you must understand that I was amazed that you of all people could get the wrong number. :(

They did win it in 1916 by the way. :)

And 1915, :rolleyes:

and 1912, :rolleyes:

and 1903. :rolleyes:

Now I shall bask in the glow of a thrilling come-from-behind win in the series, the burial of the A's (who should probably change their name to the F's), and the much anticipate ALCS match-up with the Evil Empire otherwise know as the Yankees.

Go Sox!

Last edited:
Back