What About Bob...er...Lana?

Hi I have to get my 2 cents in of course. To Laurel..regarding voting. I don't understand why you have this catagory on your site if there is no way for the authors to even check on their votes? It's a great idea, and I understand you are working on things, but is there any sense it being there yet, if it is not up and running? People that do take the time to vote, think the authors will know, but yet we don't.

Also feedback is great! I know I average 25 hours or more on my stories, and it's a lot of hard work. It's nice to know if your stories are read or if they had the desired effect you were hoping for. I for one have had some responses to my work, and most have been very postive, some constructive. Most of my responses of course came during the time they were in the New section, now the feedback has diminished somewhat.

I always respond to my readers when they write me. I feel if they can take the time to comment on my work, then I can only show my respect by writing back. I think all authors should give their readers that respect if they hear from them. But being a new writer here, is kind of exciting to say the least. I think a new writer feels alot more motivated to keep trying if they know their stories are read and enjoyed. I know when I read some amazing comments on my work, I felt like I accomplished what I set out to do. The constructive comments are also valuable for any new writer. But bear in mind, everyone has their own opinions. Just because they may not like your story, does not mean you are not a good writer. Everyone has their own unique style, and that is what makes this site interesting. I do hope to continue hearing from my readers. I submitted a new one this past weekend called Dezerae Remembers, Sequel To The Cabin. I do hope you all check it out! Take care everyone, and keep up the amazing work Laurel! Katerina Val-Kyrie.....

I'm really glad that this thread unravelled the way it did to include issues of voting, feedback in general and even an instance or two of direct response to my initial question!

Voting is a great thing we can do as we finish reading a story; email and posts here on the BB are better--we're all looking for gratification, aren't we? Otherwise, we wouldn't be here at all, and a writer has a possible extra source of gratification as regards his or her emerging talent. Each piece written should be a new experience for both writer and reader, and in the case of erotica I'd like to become more aroused and more surprised with each new piece I read from any particular author.

I'm not sure why I want feedback, or why I even write. Maybe we don't NEED comments, and maybe we don't NEED to write, but we continue typing and hoping we connect with others anyway. It's an enjoyment thing all the way, even if there is frustration in it at times.

And for all the celebrityanimalincestuousfloggingwithveggiesbyyounggirlsandoldmen which goes on at this site, there is such an air of good-naturedness and even seriousness as regards what is presented here that this is rapidly becoming one of my favorite places to visit on the WWW. Some day I may even go into the chat room (,he whispered shyly).

By the way, my favorite remark so far on my own work has been from XXplorher: "It certainly didn't suck." Honest to the bone, and taken to heart...

Laurel, I have used your search engine many times already. I think it works great and is a valuble asset to the site. Hope you keep it up and running. I did not really understand why the voting poll was there, as I knew it was not really completed yet. It's nice to know that the votes sum up the top 20 stories. That I did not know about. But it will be most awesome, when we writers can actually see how our stories rate. Thanks for clarifying this for me. Katerina

Dear XX,

thanks a lot for the comments on my story "Lunch with Rita". Nice to know that you enjoyed it - it was fun to write and I hope it was fun to read.

Back