Which one?

Senna Jawa said:
Bogu, this version is disquieting. Where did you get it from? Superficially, it is similar to the classical Basho' haiku, while in reality it's a completely different poem. It's a good one, just a good one, but nowhere near as great as the Basho' haiku. I dislike it, when a good poem does a damage to a great poem.

Bogu, have you just stated your disregard for (non-japanese :)) haiku, and that's it, or are you interested in getting into it, in giving haiku a chance? I understand that bunches of bullshitters have at least partially affected your judgment, and that's a pity, because haiku is as real as poetry. Moreover, as a rule, haiku authors are better poets then regular poets, at least when they stick to haiku (some of the haiku specialits do not apply their haiku background when they write a longer poem, in which case they are no different from the rest of the poets).

Regards,

Senna Jawa

I wrote that haiku myself as I wrote the post, I was just inspired by the haikus in the thread. I'm more than willing to give haiku a chance but I have to confess to a little scepticism but I think I could open my mind enough to give it a chance.

a pond a frog a guy
and his cadillac parked nearby

Now I did find this amusing and it rattled like marbles in my head.

bogusbrig said:
I have to confess to a little scepticism but I think I could open my mind enough to give it a chance.
Bogu, are you around here somewhere? It's been over half a year. Have you (opened your mind to haiku)?
a pond a frog a guy
and his cadillac parked nearby
Thank you for citing my senryu
Now I did find this amusing and it rattled like marbles in my head.
Indeed, word "guy" indicates irony, even sarcasm. If you check the comments, you'll see that serra somehow didn't have a clue but felt oblidged to comment anyway. I've provided the link to my senryu as an association with your comment in this thread: "what if you have never heard the plop of a frog jumping into water".

BTW, see how nasty is this senryu :))) -- of all possible brands of a car, I have chosen cadillac!

Regards,

Back