Why America Needs the Left

KingOrfeo,

I am somewhat disappointed with this thread. For a long time I have thought you are the most intelligent poster on this forum. This copy and paste job did not represent your thoughts. It presented no illuminating insights. It told me no facts I was unaware of.

Most seriously, it did not explain how the Republican Party was able to recover from the debacle of 1964, and rise to dominate the United States.

sadly, democrats make a career out of needing welfare. the right, feels sorry for these people

Like most of the wingnuts here you are far too stupid to have acquired the economic interests you defend with so much passion and so little skill. You do not even know how to use proper capitalization. If you graduated from high school you did so because of social promotion.

KingOrfeo,

I am somewhat disappointed with this thread. For a long time I have thought you are the most intelligent poster on this forum. This copy and paste job did not represent your thoughts. It presented no illuminating insights. It told me no facts I was unaware of.

Most seriously, it did not explain how the Republican Party was able to recover from the debacle of 1964, and rise to dominate the United States.

Twas the Democrat Vietnam War. As soon as Lyndon Johnson had the election won he drafted all the black boys and poor white boys, and sent them to Vietnam to die for the Democrat Party.

Twas the Democrat Vietnam War. As soon as Lyndon Johnson had the election won he drafted all the black boys and poor white boys, and sent them to Vietnam to die for the Democrat Party.

Only, the GOP weren't exactly against it, either.

Oh, for that story, read The Right Nation.

Thank you. Because of your intelligence I expected you to explain that argument in your own words.

The best explanation of the Republican ascendancy I have read is Chain Reaction: The Impact of Race, Rights, and Taxes on American Politics , by Thomas B. Edsall, and Mary D. Edsall.

According to the authors the Democratic party lost the dominance it had achieved during the New Deal because by the late 1960s it had become associated with the defense of black interests, and because blacks were associated with social pathology.

The declaration of The War on Poverty by President Johnson, and the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 were followed by five years of black ghetto rioting, and a tripling of the crime rate from 1960 to 1980.

Whites noticed that the black ghetto riots ended with the election of Richard Nixon. They rewarded him with a landslide victory in 1972.

Unfortunately, the crime rate continued to increase until 1980

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Since then the crime rate has declined by one third because the prison population has tripled.

http://www.jacksonprogressive.com/issues/lawenforcement/punishment.pdf

Like most of the wingnuts here you are far too stupid to have acquired the economic interests you defend with so much passion and so little skill. You do not even know how to use proper capitalization. If you graduated from high school you did so because of social promotion.

the only think you know about the economy, is what you read about. hey, some day you might man up and enter the real world. till then, you can be a little lackey. sucks to be you, but hey, that's your issue.

what ever you say, little library boy. hey, do you wear a skirt to work? clearly, you don't have a man card.

clearly you both need to find a real job. hey McDonald's and WalMart are looking for people

Thank you. Because of your intelligence I expected you to explain that argument in your own words.

The best explanation of the Republican ascendancy I have read is Chain Reaction: The Impact of Race, Rights, and Taxes on American Politics , by Thomas B. Edsall, and Mary D. Edsall.

According to the authors the Democratic party lost the dominance it had achieved during the New Deal because by the late 1960s it had become associated with the defense of black interests, and because blacks were associated with social pathology.

The declaration of The War on Poverty by President Johnson, and the passing of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 were followed by five years of black ghetto rioting, and a tripling of the crime rate from 1960 to 1980.

Whites noticed that the black ghetto riots ended with the election of Richard Nixon. They rewarded him with a landslide victory in 1972.

Unfortunately, the crime rate continued to increase until 1980

http://www.disastercenter.com/crime/uscrime.htm

Since then the crime rate has declined by one third because the prison population has tripled.

http://www.jacksonprogressive.com/issues/lawenforcement/punishment.pdf

Back