Your Best

herecomestherain said:
Fly, read it, loved it , commented. Thanks for letting us know about it.

I'm new to the poetry thing so at this stage my favourite is My Provocateur. It possibly won't mean much to anyone else but for me it sums up the nature of a particular relationship very well. It was one of those pieces that almost wrote itself.
I remember when that one first appeared, and have loved it ever since! I like your new one, too.

champagne1982 said:
The Sculpture stands out as my favourite...
I like that one, too, though "Early Frost" and "Look Closely" both slapped me silly.

Angeline said:
That old thing? lol.

I um have it on my hard drive.

:D
Angeline: Oh, that old thing? tee hee You like it? Really? Oh, go on. tee hee Okay, I'll dust it off and show it to you. Like yes I will! No. Really. tee hee

I couldn't choose, so I have 2.

This one Oh ,honey is probably the first I ever posted here, and it still means a lot to me, and this one, Those really were, one of my always favorites.

Good thread, Mutt. Now I have my reading picked out for me tonight.

Last edited:
WickedEve said:
Angeline: Oh, that old thing? tee hee You like it? Really? Oh, go on. tee hee Okay, I'll dust it off and show it to you. Like yes I will! No. Really. tee hee

It doesn't work without the dust. It's a dusty poem.

WickedEve said:
yeah... dusting it off would defeat the purpose. so, never mind. :eek:

You know I keep wanting to ask you what happened to the other two ho's. :D

Eve, I've decided that you are not allowed to sit this one out. Pick one....
or two.....

WickedEve said:
One or two what? what?!

Poems darling, You HAVE to choose. I am making you. And no, you don't get spanked for noncompliance....

The_Fool said:
Poems darling, You HAVE to choose. I am making you. And no, you don't get spanked for noncompliance....
One or two of your poems? No spanking? What day is this?

Of late, I haven't had much time to make comments, or participate in the forums... though I have read and voted on all the new poems.

This thread, however, caught my eye. Jeezus! It's like chosing which of your children you're willing to sacrifice.

I generally don't post anything, unless I'm fairly pleased with the effort. But, if push came to shove, (for today, at least), I'd offer up the following purported favorites:

One of my latest, This Sanguine Water because although it's rather somber, I am happy with the lyrical quality and image flow.

One of my earliest poems posted, Wangui Waithira because her story needs to be told, and in our comfort it is all-too-easy to ignore the bleakness of life in places like Nairobi.

And, I'd be remiss in not including a prison poem, though I can't choose one out of these three:

Wyndham Gaol in Wyndham Towne , The Salad Bar Gunslinger , or Salvador Dali is dead .

As for those that might come in fourth, just click on the "Free Offer" below. :)

jd4george said:
Of late, I haven't had much time to make comments, or participate in the forums... though I have read and voted on all the new poems.

This thread, however, caught my eye. Jeezus! It's like chosing which of your children you're willing to sacrifice.

I generally don't post anything, unless I'm fairly pleased with the effort. But, if push came to shove, (for today, at least), I'd offer up the following purported favorites:

One of my latest, This Sanguine Water because although it's rather somber, I am happy with the lyrical quality and image flow.

One of my earliest poems posted, Wangui Waithira because her story needs to be told, and in our comfort it is all-too-easy to ignore the bleakness of life in places like Nairobi.

And, I'd be remiss in not including a prison poem, though I can't choose one out of these three:

Wyndham Gaol in Wyndham Towne , The Salad Bar Gunslinger , or Salvador Dali is dead .

As for those that might come in fourth, just click on the "Free Offer" below. :)

I like This Sanguine Water. I can't imagine why. :D

:rose:

The Best of Boo

BooMerengue said:
I couldn't choose, so I have 2.

This one Oh ,honey is probably the first I ever posted here, and it still means a lot to me, and this one, Those really were, one of my always favorites.

Good thread, Mutt. Now I have my reading picked out for me tonight.

Actually you have at least three, :) probably a lot more, but how could you not mention
Flippy ? :rose: :rose: :rose:
It is a poem I will never forget!

Re: Re: Your Best

Liar said:
...Mine: At The Edge Of A Magic Kingdom

Technically probably not the best written one, but it's a personal thing.

#L
I remember reading this one when it first came out-- it was recommended to me as an example of what good poetry looks like! It is an amazing poem.

Re: The Best of Boo

Reltne said:
Actually you have at least three, :) probably a lot more, but how could you not mention
Ah. Yes. I remember it as one of the best poems of last year, when there was a thread here summing up top poems of -03.

My favorite of my stuff is all on the passion thread. I can't help it. I love being all of a sudden passion suddenly more than anything else.

fuck editing

when I re-read my passion stuff from months ago, I recognize myself much more than in posted poems.

all of a sudden passion suddenly

Re: The Best of Boo

Reltne said:

Well. thank you, Reltne, but Flippy is so personal. I thought it'd be best to leave it quiet.

Maybe this is overkill, but this one... A Song For My Mandolin might be one of my best. It's a weird poem in that everytime I read it I understand it more. When I wrote it I was just writing a lyric- or so I thought...

WickedEve said:
Liar, Ange, commented on your poems. :) Both are wonderful. Both are powerful enough to stick with me for quite awhile.

What the hell is your AV? lol It looks like an oversized wig... :confused:

Making my way through them. Wow at the talent in here!! I'll get through them all eventually lol

doormouse said:

Making my way through them. Wow at the talent in here!! I'll get through them all eventually lol

Hey, Miss Mouse!

Good to see you again...where ya been???
:kiss:

Miss Oatlash said:
Hey, Miss Mouse!

Good to see you again...where ya been???
:kiss:

*hugs* hon, you too :)

<My PC crashed, was offline for a month.

Slowly catching up on things I missed.

You guys have to get on paltalk and join me in my room... it rocks lol

doormouse said:

OMG she changed her AV now I look like an ass.

It was the one with the big head and body I was referring to....

Eep... running now... really fast........

Back