8 minute mile??!!

Treadmill for me since I have major outdoor allergies.
Or I will be back on it once the doctor gives me the okay again.

I would suggest strongly that you consider using either a stair stepper or a stationary bike, instead of a treadmill. The treadmill puts more strain on your knees than the other machines.

If you do use the treadmill, at least get good running shoes. Using poor running shoes is a very bad mistake. Check something like 'Runner's World' form two years ago at the public library and pick up the top rated shoes from back then, at a bargain price.
 
I would suggest strongly that you consider using either a stair stepper or a stationary bike, instead of a treadmill. The treadmill puts more strain on your knees than the other machines.

If you do use the treadmill, at least get good running shoes. Using poor running shoes is a very bad mistake. Check something like 'Runner's World' form two years ago at the public library and pick up the top rated shoes from back then, at a bargain price.

The bike was too hard on the knees and had to give it up.

I find the treadmill, with good shoes, works far better.
But I don't 'run' on it since I live on the second floor.
 
The bike was too hard on the knees and had to give it up.

I find the treadmill, with good shoes, works far better.
But I don't 'run' on it since I live on the second floor.

Do you know what really works?

That silly Edge Gazelle hawked by Tony Little.

But it works. Impressive is on her third machine, I think.

No impact, easy on joints, my parents just bought one on our recommendation and are getting good results.

:)

Edited to add - this guy -

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/sweetsubsarahh/LOL/TonyLittleGazelleFreestyle.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know what really works?

That silly Edge Gazelle hawked by Tony Little.

But it works. Impressive is on her third machine, I think.

No impact, easy on joints, my parents just bought one on our recommendation and are getting good results.

:)

Edited to add - this guy -

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b318/sweetsubsarahh/LOL/TonyLittleGazelleFreestyle.jpg

I'd love to have one of those. :)
My sister-in-law has one that she doesn't use but won't let me borrow it.
 
I'd love to have one of those. :)
My sister-in-law has one that she doesn't use but won't let me borrow it.

They sell them at Walmart for about $100.

We bought our first one from one of those catalogs - Ginnys or Seventh Avenue - and we were able to make payments.

:)
 
Last time I ran a mile seriously it took me 4 minutes and 23 seconds.. that was half a year ago or so.. on a treadmill mind you, but I thought it was pretty decent at the time
 
They sell them at Walmart for about $100.

We bought our first one from one of those catalogs - Ginnys or Seventh Avenue - and we were able to make payments.

:)

I might have to ask again about borrowing theirs first. ;)
 
I only run when I'm chased.

And if she's cute I let her catch me. ;)

This is great enough to quote again. :D

And hey, kudos for you for sticking with it, cd. In high school, I could run it in 5:20 (54.48 for the 400M dash, woot!); in college, I could hang close to six minutes on a good day; in my mid-twenties, I could do a comfortable seven-minute mile (wait! did I just say "comfortable"?); and there's a lot of question marks in my thirties, since me and the stopwatch no longer get along.

Just keep at it, 'cause it only gets harder and harder, yet it's one of the few things (beside the pact with Satan) that can effectively slow the aging process.
 
Rocket Man

Do you know what really works?

That silly Edge Gazelle hawked by Tony Little.

But it works. Impressive is on her third machine, I think.

No impact, easy on joints, my parents just bought one on our recommendation and are getting good results.

:)

QUOTE]

Probably pretty handy for hanging your clothes on after a couple weeks too, huh?

:D

-KC
 
Do you know what really works?

That silly Edge Gazelle hawked by Tony Little.

But it works. Impressive is on her third machine, I think.

No impact, easy on joints, my parents just bought one on our recommendation and are getting good results.

:)

QUOTE]

Probably pretty handy for hanging your clothes on after a couple weeks too, huh?

:D

-KC

May I suggest a much less space-occupying solution? This company has an entire line that will help you build muscle, cardiovascular function, self-esteem ("Damn, I went an entire hour today!") and admiring looks and sits quietly in the corner when not in use. And you don't need to run, a brisk walk does wonders. In vact, that's what the terror-ier and I are about to do.
 
May I suggest a much less space-occupying solution? This company has an entire line that will help you build muscle, cardiovascular function, self-esteem ("Damn, I went an entire hour today!") and admiring looks and sits quietly in the corner when not in use. And you don't need to run, a brisk walk does wonders. In vact, that's what the terror-ier and I are about to do.


No, it folds up nearly flat.

Truly.

And, KC - the entire family uses it.

:)
 
I run almost exactly 10 minutes a mile, on 6-mile runs. On 12 mile runs and half marathons I run slightly over. On three mile runs I run about 9 minuts a mile. I'm 50.
 
Last time I ran a mile seriously it took me 4 minutes and 23 seconds.. that was half a year ago or so.. on a treadmill mind you, but I thought it was pretty decent at the time

If you were on a treadmill you ran 0 miles. Hmmph treadmills
 
I don't run. Arthritic hips and all that. But I can walk faster than many can jog and keep it up for hours.
 
It may work, but there is no way to use it without looking like a complete dork. At least with that hat and goofy plastered on smile. :D

He's wearing jewelry, too. :)

This silly thing does work. I took off pounds and toned up quite a bit.

Then I figured I didn't have to exercise as much anymore. Oops.

So we're back working hard again. :rolleyes:

It kind of needs to stay an every day thing.
 
Back
Top