fieryjen
Midnight Fairy
- Joined
- Mar 30, 2003
- Posts
- 14,976
I need your help on this, pretty please.
My parents are in town. In my house, actually. And they need a bed. They're sleeping in mine right now, and I'm on the couch, which is why I really want to find a decent bed for them as soon as possible.
We're looking for something fairly cheap that will fit into our guest bedroom. Problem is that a box spring won't fit up the stairs, so we either have to go with a slat bed or two separate smaller beds (my parents are not peculiar).
We were thinking of something like an Ikea bed, lower price range, doesn't have to be solid wood, possibly build-it-yourself. But none of the stores around here have those kinds of beds, they are all higher-end and would never fit, nevermind that we don't want to spend that much money on a guest bed that won't be used a whole lot.
We're going to Chicago Tuesday because I need to get a new passport. So I was wondering whether there is anything like this in the Chicago area that we could stop by and have a look at, any stores that sell that type of bed? Any recommendations at all?
My parents are in town. In my house, actually. And they need a bed. They're sleeping in mine right now, and I'm on the couch, which is why I really want to find a decent bed for them as soon as possible.
We're looking for something fairly cheap that will fit into our guest bedroom. Problem is that a box spring won't fit up the stairs, so we either have to go with a slat bed or two separate smaller beds (my parents are not peculiar).
We were thinking of something like an Ikea bed, lower price range, doesn't have to be solid wood, possibly build-it-yourself. But none of the stores around here have those kinds of beds, they are all higher-end and would never fit, nevermind that we don't want to spend that much money on a guest bed that won't be used a whole lot.
We're going to Chicago Tuesday because I need to get a new passport. So I was wondering whether there is anything like this in the Chicago area that we could stop by and have a look at, any stores that sell that type of bed? Any recommendations at all?


I guess Ikea really is the only place we'd find this sort of thing, huh? And I was just informed, transport is another problem altogether.
I'll look into the futon as well as Ikea offers, and I'll see what my parents like the best and what's going to be most practical. Thanks especially for the upgraded mattress hint - I think that might make a big difference.