Couples on Lit

Ahhhh, Dear Myst........

In most cases, when two people get together, it is because something is lacking in their lives. It could be loneliness, lack of attention or a relationship that has turned sour. Who really knows the reasons? The fact remains that people are drawn together, attracted by something they identify with in the other person, become close, perhaps fall in love. The point is, it doesn't just happen in the cyber world, it happens in real life.

Morality is a wonderful thing, but it can not control emotion, people make their choices, good, bad or indifferent. But as human beings we do have the freedom of choice.

So interfering with a relationship or developing a new one, it depends on the choices made by the individuals involved.:)
 
cymbidia said:
I came here... and then Creidhne came along after me, sort of. He still only pops in when he's got nothing at all better to do, unlike those of us who are well and truely addicted.

I know how you feel- the first thing I've wanted to do when I've gotten home the past few nights is to log on and see what everyone is up to! I'm just glad my boyfriend likes to be here too- and doesn't mind if I'm on without him :)

To everyone who has posted to this thread thus far- THANK YOU! for sharing with me :) I'm really enjoying getting to know you !
 
Re: Ahhhh, Dear Myst........

plasticman33 said:
In most cases, when two people get together, it is because something is lacking in their lives. It could be loneliness, lack of attention or a relationship that has turned sour. Who really knows the reasons? The fact remains that people are drawn together, attracted by something they identify with in the other person, become close, perhaps fall in love. The point is, it doesn't just happen in the cyber world, it happens in real life.

Morality is a wonderful thing, but it can not control emotion, people make their choices, good, bad or indifferent. But as human beings we do have the freedom of choice.

So interfering with a relationship or developing a new one, it depends on the choices made by the individuals involved.:)


It's amazing how little one can say with so many words. All I see are clouds and a bunch of smoke, and you know what they say about smoke, and how there's usually fire, right? Freedom of choice, eh? Are you reading any of your own writing?
 
And now you see...

...why it's dangerous to ask about couples around here.

The Literotica GB is just like junior high with more sex and a search function. Constant hook-ups, break-ups, make-ups, and the usual mix of high emotion and minimal RL communication.
 
I just come here for the friendly atmosphere. Well there is a car I am interested in!



;)

And could someone explain this cyber stuff I hear so much about?
 
Re: And now you see...

RisiaSkye said:
...why it's dangerous to ask about couples around here.

The Literotica GB is just like junior high with more sex and a search function. Constant hook-ups, break-ups, make-ups, and the usual mix of high emotion and minimal RL communication.

And I was just about to ask you for a relationship Risia, please say it aint SO!
 
Re: Re: Ahhhh, Dear Myst........

Myst said:



It's amazing how little one can say with so many words. All I see are clouds and a bunch of smoke, and you know what they say about smoke, and how there's usually fire, right? Freedom of choice, eh? Are you reading any of your own writing?


Clouds and smoke? Or just blurred vision?
 
*bratcat* said:


Myst...I would appreciate it, if you have something to say about me, do NOT pm people and warn them that I am evil.
You know how to get ahold of me, and vent on me...
This is not highschool where you need to pass secret notes around.:rolleyes:


I could say the same thing about you. Unfortunately, I only PMed plasticman about his comment, and it wasn't a warning, it was in response to his post, and I didn't want that to be public. Other than that, you must be awfully paranoid.
 
Just sticking my head in, friends

I and Imoen met here, and will move in together later this year.
 
TRUE LIT LOVE!

Since you're asking...

A certain crazy Canuck named Wild_Jay sent me some feedback to my first story. I replied, and he kept sending me feedback. Then we made a cyber-bet about the outcome of the Stanley Cup playoffs, which I won. He wrote a story for me as his "punishment" (Going For The Goalie). Before you knew it, we were chatting every night and falling in love...

We met for the first time last month for the most amazing 48 hours any Lit reader could ever imagine (we'll post THAT story another time!) We have to resolve a few domestic issues first, like getting our divorces finalized, but we're making big plans for the rest of our lives!

One problem, though, with finding a mate through a website like this - what do you tell people when they ask how you met?! I'm not sure what would be more shocking to them; learning that I've had an affair with a man I met on the Internet, or that I publish erotic stories on a website! How have you other couples dealt with that?

WJ, if you read this, I couldn't help but let the world know how incredibly, spectacularly, stupendously wonderful you are and how much I'll always love you! Thanks, Lit, for bringing us together!
 
Re: TRUE LIT LOVE!

Chanson_bleu said:
Since you're asking...


One problem, though, with finding a mate through a website like this - what do you tell people when they ask how you met?! I'm not sure what would be more shocking to them; learning that I've had an affair with a man I met on the Internet, or that I publish erotic stories on a website! How have you other couples dealt with that?

First of all- congratulations!! That is so wonderful to hear :) DWTN and I are very happy together and are looking forward to how this continues to unfold!

We tell people we met in a chat room- which is true. Most people don't ask which one. We have told our nearest and dearest that we met on Literotica. I love this site and this community and am proud to be a member- I also acknowledge that there are some people that have made other choices in exploring (or not exploring) their sexuality and that they may not be supportive or they may be judgemental of how we met- so I choose not to tell them very much. I want to share this site with the people I know will appreciate it as much as I do :)

Good luck to you both!
 
Re: TRUE LIT LOVE!

Chanson_bleu said:
One problem, though, with finding a mate through a website like this - what do you tell people when they ask how you met?! I'm not sure what would be more shocking to them; learning that I've had an affair with a man I met on the Internet, or that I publish erotic stories on a website! How have you other couples dealt with that?
Creidhne/MS and i met via alt.com ads we each had going. I've not had embarrassments or hesitancies about telling (most) people who ask the truth, either.

Of course, i freely admit to most people that i write erotica, too.
I even told my mother, both things - the writing of erotica and the meeting MS via alt.com. She was cool with it.

You might find that most people are far more understanding about online meetings that bloom and grow into rt love than you imagine. Love is love, sweet, no matter where it comes from. Rejoice in yours.
:cool:
 
Well..

I met Mr. Skye the boring old-fashioned way: his mother was my kid sister's fourth grade teacher. Complications ensued (like puberty), and about six years later we hooked up. That was eight years ago.

He reads the stories, follows how my stuff is being received, and lurks here sometimes. He also does LOTS of reading over my shoulder. But he never posts. Maybe someday!

But, I've met lotsa friends online, here and elsewhere.
 
I love America and I Love Lit!

gee wiz... I had an interesting lil hot moment to relate here but would anyone really notice?!?!

one the other hand....

does this count??? I met Iwah here.... ummm thats abt it on that front hehehe
 
What I find interesting is how many young people will have found their first romantic relationship online.

There is something about the electricity created online that seems to promote closeness between two souls-fast and furious.

In one week-two people can meet, chat, write, cyber, then grow distant and move on to another electric soul residing within this vast virtual pool.


Of course, there are those lucky ones that bring their amazing fantasy into reality...
Congratulations to those amongst us!
 
Unregistered said:
In one week-two people can meet, chat, write, cyber, then grow distant and move on to another electric soul residing within this vast virtual pool.

That has always amazed me! how cyber time seems to 3x real time. In 3 weeks time I met a guy online, chatted and cybered on a regular basis. Graduated to talking on the phone. And finally met in real life. Then eventually "broke up". It seemed like it was the longest and most intense relationship I ever had. hmmm 3 weeks cyber time
 
Back
Top