Favorite Cartoons

Anyone ever remember this cartoon called Batfink?

When I was a little 'un I loved:

Transformers
Thundercats
Ulysses
Voltron
Dragonball Z

Now I like:

Simpsons
South Park
Futurama
Tenchi Muyo
Nadesico
Transfomers (still classic)

And loads of anime that no one has ever heard of except maybe Renny and Pyper
 
I was playing with my 5-year-old niece at the playground and she tripped. "Oh, tartar sauce!" she said. Never heard that one before. It took a few minutes to figure out that she was quoting Spongebob, which I'd never seen before. Now I watch that invertibrate every night. I have like 12 hours of them taped, so when the niece and nephew come over and they get antic I can plop them in front of the tube and let them enjoy. I, uh, only rarely watch them myself...sure...

"The Simpsons", in my humble opinion, is the not just the best show on TV. It's not just the best show in TV history. It's the greatest achievement of Western culture since Shakespeare. Just my opinion.

One show that no one has mentioned is "Duckman", which is another of my all-time favorites. Jason Alexander is hilarious. It's a mean, profane, dirty little show. Right up my street.
 
Scooby Doo.. The Super Friends and all of the School House Rocks. They were not really cartoons, but they were on Saturday mornings.. Land of the Lost..(still dream about those damn Sleestaks), H.R. Pufnstuf, and Sigmund and the Sea Monsters. Those were great fun for me as a child. Here is a link some might like.. You can go there and get lots of info from the 60's, 70's, 80's about the TV shows and cartoons that were on. http://www.yesterdayland.com/
 
sexy-girl said:
dangermouse :)

Yeah dangermouse was great, I wish they would put him back on in the states.

Also speedracer, kimba, and any loonytoon.
 
I too am a cartoon junkie

Love Looney Tunes

Is Pepe Le Pew the man or what??? ( O.k he's a skunk, but he's still the man !!! He was one cool customer. You never saw him lose his composure. He remained persistent and steady. Hmmmmmm???? Sounds like me. LOL )

Other favorite characters.

Foghorn Leghorn
Wile E Coyote ( He may have failed, but he is a genius )
Snagglepuss (Yeah, I know the rap on him, I don't believe it )
Bugs Bunny (Pepe is the man, but Bugs is the Bunny )

There's just a few. However my all time favorite cartoon is.

The "Owl" Joleson cartoon. " I love to singa. About the moona and the joona in the springa. I love to singa". Then when his father catches him singing jazz. He breaks into a "religious" type song. By the end of the cartoon. The father is singing. " I love to singa..." Has anyone seen this?? I would love to have it on tape.

kgboot
 
Last edited:
Re: I feel so old....

chanaud said:
Scooby Doo has always been my favorite until Scrappy joined the gang. Anyone of you guys remember Hekyl and Jekyl???

Yeah Chanaud, I remember Hekyl & Jekly. They were funny as hell.

And thanks Pagoncowgirl.......I totally forgot how much I liked Ren & Stimpy, no matter how gross they were.
 
Kids cartoons; Animaniacs - although I don't watch them anymore.

In general; South Park, Futurama and Simpsons and of course DUCKMAN!!!

Duckman would be a good Av for Lost Cause. He turned me on to both Duckman and Ren & Stimpy.
 
How can you forget.....

Charlie Brown and Snoopy!

My fave movie is when Snoopy ran away to the Daisy Hill Puppy Farm. sniff sniff
 
Re: I too am a cartoon junkie

kgboot said:
The "Owl" Joleson cartoon. " I love to singa. About the moona and the joona in the springa. I love to singa". Then when his father catches him singing jazz. He breaks into a "religious" type song. By the end of the cartoon. The father is singing. " I love to singa..." Has anyone seen this?? I would love to have it on tape.
SHouldn't be too hard to find one. One Porky Pig cartoon that I have seen in a long time featured Count Basie singing "Minnie the Moocher". The theme was porky was a young pig that ate too much and he had a nightmare or something about being force fed pies and stuff.

Really old cartoon.
 
There was a cartoon I watched when I was younger and I can't remember the name of it- it was by Hanna Barbera and it was set in some weird prehistoric fantasy world, I think. There were two blobs called "Shmoo" and "Baby Shmoo", and the guy rode a triceratops. He also had a saber-tooth tiger as a pet. Does anyone here know the name of the cartoon?
 
lilminx, as far as I remember it was simply called "The Shmoo" show.

Could be wrong but I think that's the name.

Now while not really a cartoon show, I used to LOVE watching H.R. Puff-n-Stuff, even got to meet him/it, a VERY long time ago while on Romper Room.
 
lilminx said:
There was a cartoon I watched when I was younger and I can't remember the name of it- it was by Hanna Barbera and it was set in some weird prehistoric fantasy world, I think. There were two blobs called "Shmoo" and "Baby Shmoo", and the guy rode a triceratops. He also had a saber-tooth tiger as a pet. Does anyone here know the name of the cartoon?

I tried to find the name of it... I stopped looking once I saw this. :eek:
 
I found it!!!! It's called Herculoids, and I stand corrected: the two blobs are Gloop and Gleep, not Shmoo. Sorry, I got my blobs mixed up.
 
lilminx said:
I found it!!!! It's called Herculoids, and I stand corrected: the two blobs are Gloop and Gleep, not Shmoo. Sorry, I got my blobs mixed up.

Check my list...already there :D
 
Bob Peale said:


Check my list...already there :D
Yeah, but I didn't know the name of the cartoon, so I didn't know that that was the one I was thinknig of, silly.
 
Back
Top