Female written stories

New costume for Halloween: dress up in a suit and go door to door with a copy of Fifty Shades to tell people about the Good Book.
I always thought it’s funny how people who swear by the Bible also say it’s merely a good book.

ā€œMeh, 4/5, needs more of that Song of Songs stuff.ā€
 
Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice and Emma
George Eliot, Middlemarch
Edith Wharton, The Age of Innocence
Virginia Woolf, To The Lighthouse, Mrs. Dalloway
Flannery O'Connor, Short Stories (incl. A Good Man Is Hard To Find -- maybe the most chilling story I've ever read)
Elizabeth George (favorite woman detective writer), A Great Deliverance (first Lynley novel)

Many others

For erotica,

Anais Nin, Delta of Venus collection of short stories
Pauline Reage (anonymous author of Story of O)
Molly Weatherfield, Carrie's Story and Safe Word
Anne Rice, Sleeping Beauty series
Catherine Millet, The Sexual Life of Catherine M.
 
I was wondering if anyone had any favorite stories written by female authors?
There are a lot of female writers here, clearly, It would be a daunting task to read them all.

But, you should check out stories from Emily Miller. Her stories are light hearted, playful and fun while also touching deep relationship subjects.
 
Not repeating those already mentioned:

Elif Batuman - The Possessed: Adventures with Russian Books and the People Who Read Them
Jhumpa Lahiri - Interpreter of Maladies
Barbara Kingsolver - Demon Copperhead
Zadie Smith - Dead and Alive
Mary McCarthy - A Charmed Life
Joanna Rakoff - My Salinger Year

Sexually themed works:

Felicia Berliner - Shmutz: A Novel
Madison Newbound - Misrecognition
Shoshana von Blanckensee - Girls, Girls, Girls
 
My list would be pretty heavy on scifi and spec fic, ...
And yet, you don't mention Mary Shelly (Frankenstein). I was coming to this forum to list her in this topic when I saw your message.

Since you mention SFF, the early works of Janet Morris and almost all the works of Cecilia Tan (among many others) are quite erotic.
 
And yet, you don't mention Mary Shelly (Frankenstein). I was coming to this forum to list her in this topic when I saw your message.

Since you mention SFF, the early works of Janet Morris and almost all the works of Cecilia Tan (among many others) are quite erotic.
Oh in terms of influence on literature, Shelly for sure!

I read the original question as "who are your favorites," though, not just "who is important" šŸ˜…

Chambers isn't like the greatest author of high literature or anything, but her books have given me more comfort and pleasure than just about anyone in the last few years 🄰
 
Since you mention SFF, the early works of Janet Morris and almost all the works of Cecilia Tan (among many others) are quite erotic.
C.L. Moore's Jirel of Joiry stories are very sensual, with a female protagonist who openly has lovers and several scenes about female arousal. Moore stated (in the seventies, I believe) that Jirel is a version of herself, which puts that sensuality in a new light.
 
We haven't heard back from the OP, someone named . . . ah yes, cumchucker69 . . . so we don't really know where their tastes lie. Would they like to luxuriate in Persuasion, or Beloved, or The Hours, or Tehanu, or perhaps something here, a slow burn like Midnight's Daughter, or perhaps . . . something where more cum is chucked?

​

 
Back
Top