First stories you wrote

Joined
Sep 6, 2026
Posts
5
Hey all, new user here. I didn't see any threads dedicated to intros (lemme know if I missed it), so I figured I'd just hop right in.

I've been enjoying this site for a while, and recently decided to try and write some of my own stories. I like to think i have some pretty good ideas, and I used to write fanfiction and such when I was younger. However, it's been a while, and I'm not quite as confident as I used to be with writing, and it definitely a makes me a lil nervous putting my actual inner fantasies in text, even if I decide not to publish.

Was kind of curious to hear about other peoples first erotic stories you wrote, on here or elsewhere. Was it fun to write? Were you proud of it then vs now?
 
My first story here was short and horny; it was written in clumsy omniscient third person, bouncing in and out of everyone's PoV with no rhyme or reason to it; there was very little buildup or tension; the characters were not well motivated; the MC was a slightly absurd maryjane who had a magical giant penis and could deliver orgasms to far more experienced women without really even trying 😅

If I were to write the same story now, I would do a lot of things differently...

But none the less, I still have affection for it and it generated a surprising amount of positive feedback!

I've idly considered rewriting it a couple of times, but each time I've decided that the naivete of it is part of what gives it a certain charm, and trying to "fix," it would probably just ruin it.

So welcome! Good luck publishing your first story here, may it be accepted quickly and smoothly, may you receive positive and constructive feedback, and I hope you'll gain creative satisfaction and want to keep writing đŸ„°
 
My first stories were all in the BDSM genre a couple are still on here. Proud of them? Kind of a mix, some of the concepts and characters were good, writing itself not so much
 
My first published thing here was more of a test run. It's a small scene I don't care one bit about.

My first actual story here is probably the most interesting story I've ever written. There are some things I'd do differently with it if I could, but I have high regard for it.
 
My first stories are actually older than Literotica. I had been trying to write since at least junior high, but college gave me access to Usenet, where I found alt.sex.stories and my repertoire expanded. Compared to what I write now, they're pretty bad, just like the non-erotic stuff from back then. Compared to a lot of what I found in the newsgroup at the time, they weren't that bad.

I still have most, if not all of them. I've considered trying to turn them into something publishable, but every time I open one of them, it inspires nostalgia more than anything else, so they'll probably remain strictly in my private collection forever.
 
My first story here was short and horny; it was written in clumsy omniscient third person, bouncing in and out of everyone's PoV with no rhyme or reason to it; there was very little buildup or tension; the characters were not well motivated; the MC was a slightly absurd maryjane who had a magical giant penis and could deliver orgasms to far more experienced women without really even trying 😅

If I were to write the same story now, I would do a lot of things differently...

But none the less, I still have affection for it and it generated a surprising amount of positive feedback!

I've idly considered rewriting it a couple of times, but each time I've decided that the naivete of it is part of what gives it a certain charm, and trying to "fix," it would probably just ruin it.

So welcome! Good luck publishing your first story here, may it be accepted quickly and smoothly, may you receive positive and constructive feedback, and I hope you'll gain creative satisfaction and want to keep writing đŸ„°
This is kind of how I imagine it going for me. My writing feels very clunky and unorganized. I also can't deny that i love a good maryjane, even if they're not everyone's favorite thing to read, they're sure fun to write (the magical penis certainly helps too)
 
I read Lit stories and enjoyed them so much over the years. Then, I joined as a member to start writing my own content.

I love Clothed Female Naked Male (CFNM) scenarios the most, so I dreamed of a seedy old male strip joint that went into disrepair and was purchased by a woman and her daughter. Her husband divorced her, and she developed a state-of-the-art Show Me Bar & Grille along the Spring Break boardwalk to entertain the ladies for a change. That initial story sprung into a series of stories about the events the mother-daughter held there and the fun the ladies had with nude male entertainers. I got a rush writing the story and an even bigger thrill when it was published. Live and learn like all of us do.

146 stories later, I am still writing and enjoying the feedback and collaboration that is possible on Lit.

My stories are all here: https://www.literotica.com/authors/PattyJune500/works/stories

I love you are posting and writing. Can't wait to read your material.

Best, Patty ♄
 
I first wrote a story I'd been thinking about for several months, and it still gets a bunch of favorites and votes and such; I still like it, and it still holds up. It's over ten years old now.

But I wasn't expecting to write so many stories. So I figured that would be a nice little experiment to see whether I could do it. Lo and behold, another plot occurred to me while I was writing, and I abandoned my WiP and started the new one (I don't do that anymore). That one's good, too.

So the earliest story posted here is not the first one completed.

I was confident in my writing abilities long before I started writing here, OP, so there wasn't a huge amount of trepidation when I submitted. I knew they were better than a lot of things I'd read here. That's a good feeling to have.
 
My first ones were written on paper I think or printed out on an old dot-matrix printer. They weren’t good at all. Very short scenes that worked for me at the time I guess but I don’t think they’d work for anyone now.
 
My first story here on Lit was kicked back three times. So I shelved it and started another. It's a best friends mom story written in the 1st person. It turned out good enough to publish finally and it was very well recieved here. It gave me the confidence I needed to continue writing. I did eventually write a new version of the first story and it has been in the top 20 of the all-time list for that category for a couple of years now. All in all, this has been a very satisfying endevour and I'm very happy here.
 
Good luck with your writing! What I remember most about posting my first stories is having no idea what kind of response to expect, and having to navigate an unfamiliar site for the first time.

I enjoyed writing them. My first couple of stories were Interruption, a straitjacket bondage story, and Rectification, a foot worship story with an anthropomorphic bird--both with kind of strange titles, admittedly. Very idiosyncratic stuff too, which made it even harder to anticipate what kind of reception they would have.

Am I proud of them? There are some aspects of them that I'm proud of. I still like the descriptions that I used in Interruption and the jaded attitude the MC exhibits towards the anthro bird in Rectification. Plus, how many people can say they wrote a story like that? That's something I felt some satisfaction about too. Dare to be different I guess.

Ratings-wise, I don't think they had the greatest reception at the time. Plus, I think I miscategorized Interruption too, which got me some negative feedback--but in my defense, I don't think there is a good category for that particular story anyway. I stuck with them though, and with writing in general, and some of my later works did land with readers.

I will concede that they could have benefited from an editor. 😅
 
This is kind of how I imagine it going for me. My writing feels very clunky and unorganized. I also can't deny that i love a good maryjane, even if they're not everyone's favorite thing to read, they're sure fun to write (the magical penis certainly helps too)
Common advice here is to write something short and fun, don't stress about it too much, just get it out there, see what kind of response you get, and use what you learned to write the next one.

The best way to write better is to write more!
 
My first one got an okay reception, but it was kind of a disaster. It was going to be dystopian, cyberpunk, and sexy all at the same time. Or so I thought. I tried to do too much that was beyond my ability to pull off. That was in 2017.

Eventually, I pulled it from the site and went to work on other stuff. Two years (and about two dozen other stories) later, I gave it another try. I've recently started up again writing in the same universe.

So yeah, write a lot. Make mistakes. Find what works for you. Don't be afraid to rewrite something that makes you cringe later.
 
Hey all, new user here. I didn't see any threads dedicated to intros (lemme know if I missed it), so I figured I'd just hop right in.

I've been enjoying this site for a while, and recently decided to try and write some of my own stories. I like to think i have some pretty good ideas, and I used to write fanfiction and such when I was younger. However, it's been a while, and I'm not quite as confident as I used to be with writing, and it definitely a makes me a lil nervous putting my actual inner fantasies in text, even if I decide not to publish.

Was kind of curious to hear about other peoples first erotic stories you wrote, on here or elsewhere. Was it fun to write? Were you proud of it then vs now?
The first 100% sexually explicit story (Her Orgasm) I wrote was on this for-profit anonymous online commercial porn site. I did wrestle with clicking submit. But that would be because of religious guilt. YMMV
 
Was kind of curious to hear about other peoples first erotic stories you wrote, on here or elsewhere. Was it fun to write? Were you proud of it then vs now?

Hello, I'd been strictly a reader here for several years. I had a thought rolling around in my head late at night, eventually deciding to write it down. It's still unpublished. I've had a couple of beta-readers give it a go and I, in a desire for perfection, keep cobbling onto it, but never finishing a chapter, now at 20.

In the meantime, I've published ten other stories. My first one, A Masseur is Born, is a step-sibling story with a FFM threeway thrown in for good measure. It's a nice story, in my opinion had still has a decent score. Of course, I made some mistakes, and eventually submitted a corrected draft two months later. I like variety so I'm exploring the various categories here.

I've listened to my beta-readers, some of the other posters here in the AH, and watched a few writing how-to's on YouTube. There are places here, both tagged posts above and in the How-To section on the Category page. A lot of home grown advice from other Lit authors. Editing will be your friend, rely on it, a lot. :)
 
Was kind of curious to hear about other peoples first erotic stories you wrote, on here or elsewhere. Was it fun to write? Were you proud of it then vs now?

The first Lit story I wrote was about like six years, seven years ago? Eight? I mean, I joined in 2020, so it was around the same dates, like before, or after. Somewhere like that.

I enjoyed writing it, my ex at the time also loved it, and it was well received here. I was proud of it then.

I'm not so proud of it now. I deleted all of those, and I thought I lost it, but managed to get a backup. I did it because I know I could do better than that. It was good for Lit's standards, the first readers that I've got loved it, but overtime it just... didn't click for me. Like I did it really badly. I did it in a rush, I did it in an absolute euphoric episode, and I overlooked everything until a few weeks down the line when I realized I legitimately could do better.

Do I want to rewrite it? Absolutely. Do I have plans to rewrite it? Not in the close future, but I do want to post it for an On The Job event, because it did take place in an office. However, I did write another story that takes place in an office, and I finished it, and was on my way to edit it... until the Great Wipeout of the 2020s happened, and I lost all my work. Some of my progress managed to survive, but I can honestly start over and make it better too.

Again, I want to rewrite it, but I don't have plans for it in the close future.
 
Hey all, new user here. I didn't see any threads dedicated to intros (lemme know if I missed it), so I figured I'd just hop right in.

I've been enjoying this site for a while, and recently decided to try and write some of my own stories. I like to think i have some pretty good ideas, and I used to write fanfiction and such when I was younger. However, it's been a while, and I'm not quite as confident as I used to be with writing, and it definitely a makes me a lil nervous putting my actual inner fantasies in text, even if I decide not to publish.

Was kind of curious to hear about other peoples first erotic stories you wrote, on here or elsewhere. Was it fun to write? Were you proud of it then vs now?
My first one went up 20 years ago; it's celebrity fiction, still up. Yes, it was fun. I keep coming back.
 
My first story here was posted around October of 2020. It was a romance that I wrote to prove I *could* do soft and fluffy love stories to my husband. It was edited by Snowbear, a volunteer editor who liked the story so much he showed his wife. It had a very good reception overall. Score was like 4.8 something, almost 500 votes and nearly 50 comments, one of which was mine.

The title was Missed Connections: New Orleans

It involved a train and photography along with strangers meeting thanks to a mix up, and then going their separate ways until they meet again.


I was proud of it in the sense it wildly outperformed my expectations and I felt like it proved I was capable of writing something saccharine sweet.

I would change a lot about it now, but I'm still pretty proud of it and was glad it had such a good reception because I may not have continued writing here otherwise.
 
Hey all, new user here. I didn't see any threads dedicated to intros (lemme know if I missed it), so I figured I'd just hop right in.

I've been enjoying this site for a while, and recently decided to try and write some of my own stories. I like to think i have some pretty good ideas, and I used to write fanfiction and such when I was younger. However, it's been a while, and I'm not quite as confident as I used to be with writing, and it definitely a makes me a lil nervous putting my actual inner fantasies in text, even if I decide not to publish.

Was kind of curious to hear about other peoples first erotic stories you wrote, on here or elsewhere. Was it fun to write? Were you proud of it then vs now?
My first story here was originally written under another account and as another presented gender (and you have no idea how much grief this generated 🙄). It was a loosely-inspired-by-reality first time story, which - as I had only the dimmest idea how this place worked back then - I ill-advisedly added totally fabricated incest elements to (I know, so blonde 😬). I kinda thought that’s what you had to do.

I’ve since rewritten it to remove the stupid incest stuff and to tidy up the dialog which was awful. But I’ve not changed my otherwise very naive and rough style. It’s actually not that bad and I can see early signs of the writer I’ve since become (and am still becoming).
 
My first story here involved 10 characters who get into a dare card game. I worked on that story on and off for years and finally decided to finish writing it. I probably read through it ten times to try and catch all of the grammar mistakes, but I still made plenty. Ten characters was a bit too much and I sometimes mixed them up, which I was called out for in the comments. I did get some good feedback, which I appreciated.

Overall it was fairly well received and for the longest time it was my most widely read story, at least until I dabbled in the T/I category.
 
Was kind of curious to hear about other peoples first erotic stories you wrote, on here or elsewhere. Was it fun to write? Were you proud of it then vs now?
First story I ever wrote here on Lit is a 3k long recount of a visit to a Tantra masseuse. It holds up okay, and even though it's twelve years old, it contains some signature elements that still appear in my writing. I wouldn't change a thing about it.
 
The first story I wrote was in 5th grade. My school had a creative-writing curriculum because a teacher there was prominent in the field of creative writing as a pedagogical tool for other valuable language-arts, social, and academic skills. I have been told that I myself am in a book she wrote on the subject of her experiences with implementing this at the school. By the time I finished junior high, I had written probably a dozen assigned fiction stories and a bunch of other essays and reports produced within the creative-writing curriculum.

That first story was a report about penguins, but I wrote it as a fictionalized account of some penguin characters.

Later (still pretty young) I wrote a Mary Sue piece about some fictional kid who was definitely not myself learning to use my - *cough* - their first computer. Only a small handful of my peers had one at home at the time. They didn’t know how to react to the drafts I read to them because of jargon. One kid told me I was a poser for pretending to know anything about any of it.

After dropping out and getting in trouble I wrote stories to hand in to a therapist. This was a feature of his “way” of practicing. I think most of his patients either couldn’t or wouldn’t write for his assignments because he would light up when I brought one in. The stories were about characters who took risks I didn’t want to take.

The first story I wrote without exactly being given an assignment was one of my college application essays. I answered one of those college-essay type questions with a story about feeling isolated and alienated and a sense of need to develop self-reliance as a result. It ended on a questionmark rather than a clear resolution, but had a hopeful tone.

The first story I wrote without any type of prompt from anyone was about this guy I would do drugs with. One night he went on and on about wanting to have a gun. I wrote a story about what I thought he would do if he got one. It wasn’t violent, more like making fun of him and imagining it making things worse for him.

I kept a sex diary with one particular girlfriend. The first fictional sex story I wrote was for another girlfriend. Just a fuck-o-logue basically, about stuff I imagined the two of us doing exhibitionistically in a few different settings.
 
It was a mixed bag. I had two "first" stories, in a way. I had a longer BDSM story, In the Hallway, that I had been working on to be my debut story. It was based on a concept I was proud of coming up with, and I liked how the story was coming along. Then, in early December 2016, I noticed that the winter holiday contest deadline was fast approaching, and I set aside my story, which was almost done, to write and submit a story for that holiday event. It took me about 24 hours from start to finish. I submitted it as The Holiday Party, and then a few days later submitted In The Hallway. I was disappointed in the reception for The Holiday Party, but later realized it deserved its "meh" reception because it was rushed and developed as well as it could have been. In the Hallway didn't get high view numbers, but it had a good score, and it remains one of my two highest-rated stories of all time. In the summer of 2017 it emerged as a contender for the 2016 BDSM story of the year and garnered a lot more attention and votes.

So, I was very pleased with my real "first" story In the Hallway, but not so pleased with my first published story The Holiday Party. After that I rolled up my sleeves and thought about what I was doing and made sure to give myself the time to write the story I really wanted to write, and I've tried to do that since then.

Publishing your first story is like jumping in the deep end of the pool, but you can't drown. Just do it.
 
I've been writing erotica since I graduated from college and moved back to NYC for an entry-level job a few years ago. I hoped I could cash in on the KDP phenomenon to get to the point of not needing to live with roommates faster. Luckily I had some honest beta readers, because my stories were full of head-hopping narration, clichés like every-orgasm-is-the-biggest-orgasm-ever and huge-penises-everywhere, bad grammar and spelling, age-inappropriate descriptions, plot lines and convenient "twists" with zero credibility, and every other amateurish problem you could imagine.

So I focused and rewrote and focused and rewrote until I started to be really happy with the outcome and beta readers' reactions... and by then it felt like the KDP erotica world was full of disasters and pitfalls, and not worth the insane hoops you have to jump through or the risks of losing your work, your money, and your account through no real fault of your own. I turned to Lit because it seemed relatively easy, fun, collaborative, and accepting without a laundry list of oppressive requirements to meet, and I was willing to let go of the idea of getting rich by writing erotica. And by the time I got here, I think I had gotten to the point of knowing how to multi-draft my way to a decently polished end result, I had a bunch of finished works saved up, and I'm really pleased with the responses I'm getting so far. It's not a surprise to me that the only completely brand-new story I've written since arriving here a month ago (a "Borrowed Plumes" entry) is my lowest rated. :)

The very first story I ever tried to write was a really shitty coming of age tale where somehow at the ripe old age of 22 I completely forgot what it was like to be an 18 year old girl. But I eventually went back to it a bunch of times, I'm reasonably happy with it now, and I'm about to publish it here as Ch. 1 of "Megan Comes of Age," entitled "Houseguests."

I agree with a lot of the advice I've seen in this thread and elsewhere. Just keep writing, and don't be afraid of feedback or trying again.
 
Back
Top