From when we were kids!

TN_Vixen said:
Barbies of course.
We watched Romper Room and had these silly cup-like things with plastic straps attached we would walk on like stilts

Those ARE Romper Stompers, good girls and boys. :) I see, TN, I see Awed, I see Kitten, I see Willing. . .


My mom didn't belive in Barbi so I had something called "The Sunshine Family. ;)

Twister
Perfection
Little People
Mrs. Beasley
Drowsy (the tired doll)
battleship
Lite Bright (makin' things with li-I -ite, what a sight ; makin' things with Lite-Bright)
Jacks
Wacky Packs :D
 
beckbabe said:



My mom didn't belive in Barbi so I had something called "The Sunshine Family. ;)


The Sunshine Family is oh so wholesome... and btw, worth a fortune now if you have a complete set.
 
i can't believe i forgot to write light brights(i think thats how it spelled) i luved playing with that...isn't it still around?
 
TN_Vixen said:
I can't remember the name of it, but you tied one end of this around one ankle and swung it around and tried to jump across the long part with the other foot...?

Skip-Its! *laughs* I was the Queen of Skip-it!

Man, talk about nostalgia. Let's see: She-ra, He-man, My Little Ponies, Smurfs, Snorkels, GI Joe, Puffalumps, Rainbow Brite, that little pink Pomeranian that solved problems (what was her name), ThunderCatz (Lionel scared me, but Cheetara was cool), Transformers (I loved that little yellow beetle), Voltron (the original Power Rangers), Glow-worms (I had like 5)...

Y'know, I actually thought She-ra and He-man should get married. That was before I knew they were brother and sister.

She-ra was my all-time favorite. I can't remember her horse's name, but remember her "boyfriend" and his horse? Beau and Arrow?

Oh, and for you Romper Room fans:

"Romper, Bomper, Stomper boo,
Tell me tell me tell me do,
Magic Mirror, tell me today:
Did all my friends have fun at play?"
 
Barbies, smurfs, glo worms, Rainbow Brite, He-Man and She-Ra, cabbage patch kids, puffalumps, care bears, my little pony, legos, and hot wheels.
 
Barbie dolls
Creepy Crawlers (made great bugs to put in jello)
Troll doll (How's that for irony? But MY troll doll was CUTE!)
Easy Bake Oven
 
I had She-ra and her castle. I had a Glow worm. I had a Rainbow Brite doll.

I still have two Cabbage Patch dolls. (Mine is from 1984, with the date stamped on her butt. I really wish I hadn't given her the Crayola makeover, but I was only 3!)
I have to Popples! Anyone else remember Popples? They are little stuffed animals, but it you turn them inside out they become balls!

I collected Garbage Pail Kid cards. I watched Fraggle Rock, The Smurfs, ALF and my favorite, Punky Brewster!

I had a Strawberry Shortcake sleeping bag. I wish I had kept my
Atari. I still have a Commadre 64 in my basement.

Edited to add

Polly Pocket and Light Brite(which I think I still have in my basement!)
Oh! and Slap Braclets!

(I love this thread!)
 
Last edited:
ohiobbw said:

I collected Garbage Pail Kid cards. I watched Fraggle Rock, The Smurfs, ALF and my favorite, Punky Brewster!

Ah memories. im gonna go play with my transformers now.
 
Did anyone else watch Afterschool Specials?


Thanks for the site freakygurl32, I just found a whole web page devoted to Popples!!:D
It was a TV show too. I didn't remember that!
 
ohiobbw said:
Did anyone else watch Afterschool Specials?


Thanks for the site freakygurl32, I just found a whole web page devoted to Popples!!:D
It was a TV show too. I didn't remember that!

You are welcome.. isn't that page one of the greatest? i stumbled across it few months ago.. and i spend alot of time.. reading the message board.. and remembering my childhood...

i went out and bought the Mr Snowman Sno Cone machine because of that page.. lol.. i remember how badly i wanted one as a kid.. never did get it.. so i had to buy it now.. my kids love it! (but i'm seeing why my parents DIDN'T buy it for me.. it's a pain in the ass to stand there and spin that handle for 4 hours to get a 1/3 of a cup of crushed ice ;) )
 
Hay Azwed , Want a dual 8inch floppy drive for an "Altair" home built? I still have several "S100" sockets and blank boards. May even still have a couple 8080a ics in my hell box.
 
Re: A Great American Hero in 12"...no, not John Holmes...

Julian said:
I grew up with GI Joe, the 12" Adventure Team figure... so GI Joe became a hunter, adventurer & world traveller.

And here's a place those who enjoy GI Joe can go to for advice, cutomizing issues, stories by other authors, buildings, scratch hints and smiles galore!

http://www.gijoelinks.com

Hope you all find something to see or smile about...

Julian
 
Poochie was the name of the pink and white pomeranian style dog....

I love my Willie the Waterbug, it attached to the garden hose and he had tubes for hair that sprayed around water...

I loved Barbie, had tons and tons of Barbie junk. The house, the RV, the remote control cars, the plane... good lord...

I loved Raggedy Anne, had the largest sized one they made back then. Still have her at my grandparents... They have all my old dolls.

I loved Holly Hobby... she was kinda a hippie doll now that I think about it... I suppose she was some sort of Pioneer type doll. I had a whole set of small furniture...Little wooden stove, refrigerator, sink with cabinets and a changing table for dolls. I loved all that stuff. It was all blue and white.

I loved Jem and the Misfits.. I had a Stormer doll, she was the one with the blue hair. All the dolls came with cassette tapes. I didn't like that they were bigger than Barbie cause I couldn't play with them together or switch clothes.

I had Weeble People, legos, a little leather E.T doll. I had tons and tons of Garbage Pail kids trading cards...We still have those..I just looked at em the other day..lol.

I loved Muppet babies, Fraggle Rock, all the Saturday morning cartoons,...remember the Snorks? And what the hell ever happened to The Great Space Coaster with Gary Gnu....I loved that show.

I had a cool necklace that was like a plastic chain and you could buy all these little clip on add on things..different things...Did any of ya'll have those... must have been around 82-84

I had a cool easy bake oven and a snoopy snow cone maker.

I had Tinkerbell cosmetics for little girls and some other play "makeup".. I remember the lipsticks were flavored and the tubes looked like big crayons....

Ohhhhk, and my favorite thing to take in the bath were these little mermaid dolls... They were like 5 inches long with mermaid bodies, they had long baribie-ish hair. They came with a sponge that the doll could sit in ...she also came with a baby mermaid and a little animal creature. I had a cool yellow one that was kinda tropical and I had one with blue hair and she must have been the arctic version cause she had mittens and a liitle jacket on...she also came with a baby seal. I wish I could find anyone that knew the names of those dang things....

I found a bunch of music to all these old cartoons... I have the Strawberry Shortcake theme, the Muppet babies theme and The Jem theme..."Jem is truly outrageous.."

LOL...ahhh the good old days...Damn I feel old. (born in 1975)
 
i just remembered i used to play with My Little Pony... i had a million of those little horses..


i remember my mom always wanted to kill me cuz i had an army of them pretty much set up in front of the door to my room (on the inside of course) every night.. she'd go to check on me while i was sleepin and practically kill herself when she stepped on the first one.. she was even more ticked off when i started playing with Barbie and the little horses together.. the little shoes all over in between the army of horses at night... man was she ticked
 
I had a cat that used to do this (You don't wanna know what the Great Dane did, eh):
 
MASH!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved this game... M.A.S.H- Mansion, Apartment, Street, House. I must have played this game a million times.. Eventually it got really detailed.. How many kids, their names, jobs, vacation homes, cars, what state to live in and what state to vacation to.. or what place to vacation to, pets names, how many, what kind....


I played this with my niece a few months back, she loved it and she was showing all her little friends how to do it when she went back to school....lol
 
Sea Wees!!!!!!!!!

I found what I was talking about through the link that is on page 2 of this thread...Great site!!!

I really loved these... I had ones pictured in the middle and the four on the left...
 
Digger the dog, Digger he goes with you, when you explore, just pull his leash he goes for a walk he's your dog for sure. :)

I just remembered I used to have a slinkey dog. They even had a worm. :) Actually the dog was a bomb because he couldn't do most of the regular slinkey stuff.

Remember the pet rock?

Silly Putty!

No one else collected Wacky Packs?

I wish I still had that sunshine family, Pagan, but alas, I don't. :(
 
ohiobbw said:

I have to Popples! Anyone else remember Popples? They are little stuffed animals, but it you turn them inside out they become balls!

Funny you should mention popples... I was at the store the other night, walkig through the toy section, and low and behold, they are selling popples again! They are not the same ones from when we were young, but they are popples!

Anyone remember The Polka Dot Door?
How bout Capt'n Kangaroo?
Mr. Rogers Neighboorhood I watched for a while.
I loved Fraggle Rock, and have video's that my kids watch of it.
I watched Saturday morning cartoons, when they were only on, on Saturday morning.
Now, if the kids want to watch a cartoon, they have 2 channels that show em 24/7, and a few cannels that show em damn near as much. They don't do the saturday thing. I can remember getting up, getting my bowl of cereal, and plopping down in front of the TV for those.

Some other toys I loved were Poochie, the pink and white pup, Jem (I had this little guitar shaped stage, that had a tape deck in it to play her songs), Barbie, when I was younger, Mr Potatoe Head, and family. They had kids back then, and i had like 10 of them. I adored my Cabbage Patch kids. I got at least one Cabbage Patch and one barbie every year for Christmas from each set of parents. I had alot. I wish I still had em all, but I wasn't a kid who took care of things very well.

For my 4th, and 5th birthdays, I had strawberry shortcake cake, balloons, and presants. One of those was my first 2-wheeler bike, the Strawberry Shortcake one, complete with a white banana seat that had strawberries on it.

The wuzzles, the Gummi Bears (Bouncing here and there, and everywhere), My Little Ponies on TV, Snorkles, and the Smurfs. Scooby Doo, where are you?

Metal Lunch Boxes were still popular until I was in the 4th or 5th grade, when plastic was 'in', and better for your food. I had a Cabbage Patch Kids lunch box, and a Strawberry Shortcake one when I was in 2nd grade.

I loved growing up. I hate being an adult. Can I be a kid again?
 
Re: Sea Wees!!!!!!!!!

Kasha said:
I found what I was talking about through the link that is on page 2 of this thread...Great site!!!

I really loved these... I had ones pictured in the middle and the four on the left...

I remember those! I had the yellow one, with green hair. I think I had a red head, too! I loved those at bath time!
 
Gilly Bean said:


Funny you should mention popples... I was at the store the other night, walkig through the toy section, and low and behold, they are selling popples again! They are not the same ones from when we were young, but they are popples!

Anyone remember The Polka Dot Door?
How bout Capt'n Kangaroo?
Mr. Rogers Neighboorhood I watched for a while.
I loved Fraggle Rock, and have video's that my kids watch of it.
I watched Saturday morning cartoons, when they were only on, on Saturday morning.
Now, if the kids want to watch a cartoon, they have 2 channels that show em 24/7, and a few cannels that show em damn near as much. They don't do the saturday thing. I can remember getting up, getting my bowl of cereal, and plopping down in front of the TV for those.

Some other toys I loved were Poochie, the pink and white pup, Jem (I had this little guitar shaped stage, that had a tape deck in it to play her songs), Barbie, when I was younger, Mr Potatoe Head, and family. They had kids back then, and i had like 10 of them. I adored my Cabbage Patch kids. I got at least one Cabbage Patch and one barbie every year for Christmas from each set of parents. I had alot. I wish I still had em all, but I wasn't a kid who took care of things very well.

For my 4th, and 5th birthdays, I had strawberry shortcake cake, balloons, and presants. One of those was my first 2-wheeler bike, the Strawberry Shortcake one, complete with a white banana seat that had strawberries on it.

The wuzzles, the Gummi Bears (Bouncing here and there, and everywhere), My Little Ponies on TV, Snorkles, and the Smurfs. Scooby Doo, where are you?

Metal Lunch Boxes were still popular until I was in the 4th or 5th grade, when plastic was 'in', and better for your food. I had a Cabbage Patch Kids lunch box, and a Strawberry Shortcake one when I was in 2nd grade.

I loved growing up. I hate being an adult. Can I be a kid again?

Hun, I hate to tell you, but you are a kid.

I think I bought every one of those toys for one or another of my four girls, and we still have most of them around here, somewhere.

It is kinda strange to see you guys get all nostaligic over what seems to me to be the recient past. All a mater of perpective, I guess.
 
Back
Top