Getting Adjusted (Closed for BeachBirdGuy)

SecretSophie

Really Experienced
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Posts
296
Madeline 'Maddie' Snow was running around her room, picking up last minute necessities for her suitcase. She spent all month preparing for now, packing and buying new sheets, school supplies and clothing. Of course she hadn't expected there to be a thunderstorm the day she was leaving. The plane she was supposed to be on two hours ago was delayed. Her mother, Annie was waiting downstairs with her father, Charles. Maddie knew there was something she was forgetting. Something she needed.

"Madeline, let's go! You're plane is leaving in an hour, we don't have time for this!" Annie Snow yelled from downstairs.

She took another look around her empty room, nothing but a bare bed, shelves and a mirror were left. Maddie smiled at herself in the mirror, pretending to be more excited than nervous. Her smile looked natural enough. Her dark brown hair was pulled into a bun, dark sunglasses were covering her blue eyes. She was dressed for comfort, even though the plane ride would only take about two hours. So, wearing an over sized sweatshirt and jeans she shut off her light and picked up her bags.

"Come on, I'll help you with those. You might be eighteen and a 'woman'," Her dad said, making a quotation action with his fingers. "but you are still a little girl. No offense, you're weak. You weigh about 120 pounds, you'll break yourself. Make sure your brother holds these for you."

---

Madeline looked around anxiously, waiting for her brother to show himself. It had been awhile since they've seen or talked. Him being away at college left a quiet house, lonely nights when her parents went out. She could remember when her older brother would protest about staying home and baby sitting, then he started to enjoy the quality time together. Sure, they fought when Madeline started to become a teenager, but they always patched it up.

The whole reason she was going to this particular college was so they could see each other more. She didn't want to toot her own horn, but she got accepted to fancier colleges and university's then this one. She missed her brother. Also, it would be harder to go somewhere that you didn't know anyone.

The campus looked nice from where she stood, green and bright. She felt stupid standing there with a bunch of luggage. She could see the appeal it had, the college life was buzzing around her. Jocks playing football on the grass, groups of fresh faced girls sitting under trees with books. She couldn't wait to experience it.

In the distance she could see someone running through the crowds of people, making a small visible line through them. Of course he would be late, it was just like him. Madeline smiled and picked up her bags. She walked towards him and watched as people around him looked back.
 
Last edited:
Jason cursed himself under his breath as he weaved his way across the crowded campus. If he had one bad habit it was his seeming inability to arrive anywhere on time. He could see his “baby” sister Madeline standing there with her luggage and just knew she would chastise him for his usual tardiness. Shit! he muttered as he had to practically push people out of his way to try to get to her faster.

Jason Snow, or “Jace” as he liked to be called, was a senior in college now and it seemed like most all of the students on campus knew him. He wasn’t a big jock or a brainiac, just a normal guy who was maybe better looking than some and with a very outgoing confident personality. Standing maybe 5’10” or 5’11”, solidly built at about 180 pounds, he kept himself in good shape with regular workouts and playing intramural sports. His standout feature was his penetrating blue eyes, a gene that seemed to run in his family. He was outgoing and friendly and was considered a fun guy to hang out with. So nobody objected as he pushed through the crowd to get to Madeline.

It seemed like forever since he had seen his little sister. It was just the two of them growing up, and though at times he had resented being the big brother who had to watch her, they had grown very close and enjoyed each other’s company. He may have been prejudiced but he thought she was a lot cuter than most of the other girls he knew. They often said “I love you” and hugged and gave each other little pecks, but of course she was his little sister so he didn’t really think about her as more than that. But his heart did skip a beat when he saw her standing there looking cute in a baggy sweatshirt and tight jeans, her hair pulled back and oversized sunglasses hiding her face. If he hadn’t known it was his sister, he thought, he’d probably be trying to meet her.

“Madeline!” he waved to her as he got close, practically out of breath. “How ya doing, little sis? Sorry, I’m late, but I guess you know how I am.” He ran a hand through his thick blond hair and gave her his most charming smile, hoping it would work on her as well as it worked on the college girls. “Just look at you!” he grinned. “You look all growed up now, you really look like a real college girl. I think you’re going to fit right in here, you’re going to like it here. So where are you staying? Which dorm are you in?” He reached down and grabbed her bags, ready to head off toward the dorms.
 
"Hey Jacey." Maddie said and gave him a small hug. "I'm good, and thanks. I mean, I'm not exactly dressed to impress."

She felt so happy to see him that she wasn't even angry about him being late. He was too charming to get really angry, something they had in common. Maybe it was their smiles or their eyes, but they could probably get away with murder.

Madeline took another look around, noticing a few people looking their way and talking. It was probably nothing, but it made her feel more confident. Her brother has always been popular, a nice guy that everyone liked. Hanging out with him would definitely earn her some points.

"I'm in Florance Hall. Its so big here, I mean there's so many buildings. Its overwhelming." Madeline smiled and took her sunglasses off.

She took her hair out of the bun, letting it lay messily on her shoulders and back. It was warm outside, so she took off her sweatshirt as well, underneath was a white v neck t-shirt. She took a bag of hers away from Jason, sticking out her tongue as she did.

"I can carry something. So, how have you been? Mom misses you, so do some of your friends that visit." Maddie said and started walking slowly.
 
“Don’t worry, Maddie, you’ll be just fine. Remember, the Snows aren’t easily intimidated,” Jason grinned. “Besides, you got big brother here to watch your back, so what is there to worry about?”

He watched as she took off her sunglasses, he liked looking at her eyes, they were like mirrors of his. When she pulled her sweatshirt over her head, he couldn’t help but notice that her tits seemed bigger than he remembered. After all, it had been a good while since he had spent any time with her at all. He tried to fight her for the bag when she took it away from him, but he let her have it because he knew how she liked to be independent.

“Well, the dorms are all over this way on east campus,” he indicated by tilting his head. Then he started off in that direction and Maddie fell in beside him.

“I’ve been doing good, sis,” he replied to her query. “It’s senior year, so it’s going to be fun. I got most of my degree requirements finished so it should be an easy slide, plenty of time to play ball and party. Plus I won’t have to worry about being able to get a date for a party, cause now I can always make my little sister pretend she’s my date,” he grinned.

As they walked across the campus, a number of guys and a few girls waved to Jason and said hello. Jason smiled and nodded, his hands full with Maddie’s luggage.

“So mom misses me, huh?” he asked. “That’s nice, I guess I miss her too. I mean, I stay pretty busy so I don’t really have time to think about it much. You’ll find out how it is. Who’s been coming by to visit? Don’t tell me my friends are hitting on you!” he kidded her.

They were approaching one of the “hi-rise” dorms, a six-story tall brick building. “Please don’t tell me you’re on the top floor!” he kidded her, setting her luggage down for a moment on the front sidewalk.
 
"Lucky for you, second floor. Want me to take a few of the bags for you?" Madeline smiled and looked up at the building.

It all seemed so real now, the campus, the dorm, her brother. She was doubting ever getting here despite her almost flawless academic reports. She was doubting getting to see her brother the most. Sure, today he'd be friendly and chat, but what happens tomorrow when he'd rather hang out with a bunch of senior college girls. Maddie would eventually find her own friends and maybe start dating, but not right away.

"Your friends come over like, once a month to see how I'm doing. I thought it was pretty sweet and nice of them until Mike hit on me. It was all in fun, so don't worry about it." Maddie looked down at her feet and smirked.

She wasn't telling the whole truth. It was true that it started off innocent in her mind. Then the guys started flirting, asking her on dates. Eventually she gave in and agreed to a date with Mike. It was something to make them shut up, to stop pestering her. At the end of the night they did a bit more then kiss. Madeline felt her cheeks turn from warm to hot in a matter of seconds thinking about that night. Nothing big happened, no sex. Just a pretty heavy make out and heavy petting.

"Anyways, let's go."
 
“Hey, I wasn’t complaining!” Jason exclaimed, grabbing up the bags again. “I can handle your little old bags. I’m stronger than I look, you know.” The truth was he didn’t look weak at all. He prided himself on staying in good shape, working out regularly and participating in intramural sports.

“Mike, huh? It figures it would be him. I hope you put him in his place,” he told her as he followed her into the building and they found the elevators. When Maddie averted her glance and looked down at her feet, he wondered what she wasn’t telling him. It was hard to imagine his little sister having sex, although he felt a strange arousal when he thought of it. Was she blushing? Was there more to it than she was admitting?

“Well, I hope he didn’t do anything out of line,” Jason continued. “Cause if he messed with my little sister, I’d put him in his place in a heartbeat. You know I’ll watch out for you. That goes for here at school too. Nobody messes with my little Maddie, except me,” he declared. He stopped and wondered if that had come out quite right.

Fortunately, the elevator doors opened and they stepped out onto the second floor, trying to figure out which way to her room. After going the wrong way down the hall, they turned around and traipsed all the way to the other end before finding the right room. Maddie opened the door and they both stepped into the small, sparsely furnished room and Jason set her bags down.

“Well then, here we are,” he smiled. “Sorry I had trouble finding it, I haven’t been in the dorms much since my sophomore year. It sure is nice having my own apartment,” he commented, as he looked around the room again. “But I guess this isn’t bad for your first place away from home, Maddie.”

He turned and gave her a big hug and he could feel her breasts against his chest through her thin tshirt.

“Um, well, I guess I’ll get out of your way and let you get settled in then. Anything you need before I go? You can always reach me on my cell.”
 
"No, I don't think I need anything. But would you like to maybe go out for dinner later?" Maddie asked and tilted her head to the side, showing off her white smile.

He was looking at her differently then before, he was looking at her all grown up. Over the two years that they hadn't seen each other she had grown up. Her hair was longer, her body was less awkward and more in tune with her mind. Her legs grew longer, her breasts were living up to her expectations at a nice 34C cup size. She looked grown up, it was bound to be a shock to anyone that saw her after two years.

Jason looked a little taller, more bulkier then she remembered. He wasn't the type of guy who worked out everyday, eight hours a day. No one in her family was like that. But he looked pretty strong. She wondered if that peaked an interest in the girls. Madeline was more into sweeties, which Jace was. A good guy is hard to find, she was lucky that one of them was her brother.

"So, sevenish? You'll come pick me up?" She watched him leave down the hall.

She closed her door and looked around. Luckily the dorm adviser called her a week ago and said her roommate switched dorm buildings and that for now she'd be alone. So she sat on one of the larger suit cases and looked around. Her parents gave her money to buy a tv and whatever else her dorm needed, but for now this would do.
 
Jason ran his fingers through his thick hair as he walked down the hall toward the elevator. He had some strange feelings running through his mind and he was having trouble sorting them out. Madeline sure had filled out in the past two years, he had gotten a good look at her body after she took off her sweatshirt and was wearing only the thin white tshirt and tight jeans. It was like she wasn’t his little sister anymore, she looked like a real college hottie. But she was his sister. But he wished she wasn’t? What was that all about? The more he thought about it, the more confused he became.

Back at his apartment Jason stripped off his clothes and headed for the shower. He stopped to look at himself in the bathroom mirror before stepping into the shower. He wasn’t at all egotistical but he knew he was in good shape and a pretty handsome specimen. He had seen other guys in the locker rooms so he pretty much knew how he compared. Between his fit handsome features and friendly personality, he had never had any trouble getting a date. But as he thought about the girls he had gone out with or even slept with, he kept thinking that Madeline was not only prettier but had a lot more personality too.

In the shower he couldn’t stop thinking about Madeline. He rubbed his body with the soapy washcloth and when he reached his privates he suddenly realized he had a huge boner. He stroked his soapy rod a few times then stopped himself. Get a grip on yourself, Jason, he thought, then laughed realizing he needed to do exactly the opposite.

He put on a freshly pressed pair of chinos and a blue button-down shirt, leaving the top three buttons open. It was only dinner with his sister but somehow it already felt like a date. Looking at his phone he saw it was a quarter to seven. Just enough time to make it back to the dorm. “Call Maddie,” he spoke into his phone. She answered after three rings.

“Hey, Maddie, I’m on my way, you gonna be ready? Why don’t you meet me out front of the dorm so I don’t have to park, ok?”
 
Last edited:
Maddie spent a good amount of time unpacking her clothes and making her bed, adding a few personal touches to the room. After that she had about an hour to get ready for dinner with her brother. She didn't have time to shower which was fine, she showered earlier in the morning at home. She wasn't sure where they were going but was sure it would be fancier then McDonalds. So she pulled out a light yellow dress. She was planning on dressing as summery as she could until it started snowing. The dress was pretty short compared to her other dressed, stopping halfway above her knee. It was a flowly, light material plain dress that she's kept in her closet for months, never getting an occasion to wear it.

She paired the dress with a pair of black ballet shoes and a black clutch. Madeline left her hair down and kept her makeup standard, mascara and blush. Before she knew it her phone was ringing.

"I'll be down in five, see you soon." Madeline answered and hung up.

She had butterflies in her stomach when she realized how nervous she was. She was so eager to catch up with Jason, to start having that sister brother bond that they once shared. He seemed to not mind his little sister following his footsteps to college, or that she wanted to spend time with him. She figured that felt bad about missing out on a few years of her life. Maddie never once blamed Jason for missing those years, it was something that had to be done. He couldn't fly all the way back to watch her go on a date or be apart of a wedding.

She found her way down the elevator after asking someone where the front entrance was. The building seemed so huge inside, there were at least four different entrances. She hoped she picked the right one.
 
Jason pulled up in front of the dorm, just like he usually did when he was picking up a girl for a date. Only this time he was picking up his sister. He watched the bustle of other students coming and going, particularly checking out the coeds. He was glad the weather was still so warm as the girls gave him plenty to look at. A few of them recognized him and waved and he waved back. A lot of them he did not recognize as they were obviously the new students but he did note that there seemed to be quite a few cute ones among the freshmen.

His eyes were caught by yet another young coed as she came out the front door and paused looking around in all directions. She was wearing a short yellow sundress that emphasized her cute petiteness and her dark brown hair seemed to flow down onto her shoulders. It took him a full minute to realize it was his sister Maddie.

He opened the car door and stood up next to it and waved to her. She saw him and waved back then came over to the car. He sat back down and closed the door. He thought maybe he should have gone around and held her door for her but she was just his sister it wasn’t like a real date, he rationalized.

“You look nice,” he commented nonchalantly as she sat down in the passenger seat and closed the door. “So I thought I’d take you somewhere semi-nice tonight, since you’re going to be suffering cafeteria food soon enough. I know this nice little Italian place, very authentic, what do you think?”

It was also a very romantic little restaurant, although that hadn’t consciously entered into his decision.
 
Maddie got in the car and closed the door after she made sure her dress wasn't caught. The immediate first impression of Jason's car was the smell. It wasn't a bad smell and it wasn't a great smell. It sort of smelled like spilled liquor, women's perfume, and Jason's musk. It was interesting. Madeline was never really interested in cars, so she couldn't tell you what kind of car Jason had if her life depended on her. The interior was clean and the stereo looked up to date, that's all she knew.

"Hey, thanks. You look pretty good yourself. Italian sounds yummy." Maddie smiled and buckled her seat belt.

The mention of Italian pasta almost made her mouth water. She hadn't eaten for hours, before she left home actually. She was glad he was making an effort to take her somewhere nice and hopefully quiet. She was looking forward to talking to him, reconnecting. At least for tonight they would get back to old times.

"I haven't had authentic pasta in what feels like a year. I'm starved." She looked out the window to admire the scenery as they started driving off campus.

It was a bright city, lights everywhere. Every block there seemed to be two groceries stores, three or five convenience stores, at least two strip joints, and bars galore. Young adults were everywhere, smoking cigarettes outside while laughing, half drunk girls and boys stumbling out of clubs. As soon as she found someone to go with she was going to be one of those girls. It was hard to imagine herself as a city girl, but she could picture it.

Jason pulled into a small parking lot that had only a few cars in it, a medium sized building with soft white lights inviting them in. Madeline wondered how Jason discovered this place, some random google search or perhaps a date referral. How many girls had he taken here before, pulling into the same spot? She unbuckled her seat belt and ran her fingers through her hair, as if shaking out the thought of other girls.

They walked in the front door and a small, middle aged women told them to sit where ever they wanted. Madeline immediately headed for a back corner she spotted with a window next to it, looking onto the city streets. The lights were mesmerizing and calming in a weird way.

"This place looks so cozy. So, Jace," Maddie said as she picked up the small menu. "Anything you recommend? You've been here before, right? What do you usually suggest?"
 
“Actually, I’ve only been here a couple of times, Jason admitted. “But it’s really good authentic Italian food. The spaghetti is good of course. I like the lasagna a lot, or if you wanna go veggie, the eggplant parmesan is good too.”

He smiled across the table at her and found himself comparing her to the other girls he had brought here. She was definitely cuter, young and innocent looking, yet with a certain sexy aura too brought out by her bright yellow sundress. If she wasn’t his sister, he would…. no, he better not go there, he thought to himself.

“Would you like some wine?” he suggested. “Chianti is always good with Italian food. Or aren’t you drinking yet?’ As he asked her, he realized she had just turned eighteen and might not be into drinking yet, even though the legal limit here for beer and wine was eighteen. Maybe he’d get her drunk and take advantage of her, he laughed to himself, then immediately chastised himself for even thinking something like that.

“So, um,” he started, trying to find something to talk about. “How many broken hearts did you leave behind, Maddie? Are all your boyfriends going to miss you? I guess you realize there will be a lot of new guys to meet here. I saw you eyeing the town as we drove through. I have to warn you to be careful though, little sister. College guys aren’t always as nice as they may appear to be at first. A lot of them only care about getting drunk and seeing how many girls they can sleep with. I wouldn’t want any of them taking advantage of you, you know what I mean? Just remember I’m right here and I’ve got your back.”

He stopped and looked around the restaurant, feeling like he was rambling incoherently. He realized he actually felt nervous talking to Maddie now, like he was worried about making a good impression like they were on a first date or something. Fortunately, a waitress came over to take their order and saved him from having to think of something else to say for the moment.
 
Last edited:
“I’ll take a glass of Chianti, and also the spaghetti with meat balls. Could you add in a side of Cesar salad too, please?” Madeline smiled at the woman, handing over her menu.

Madeline played with her fork on the table, turning it over in her fingers until it dropped onto the white table cloth. She wasn’t paying much attention to what Jason ordered, she just noticed that he too ordered wine. Jason’s friends started inviting her to parties almost immediately after Jace left, giving her the opportunity to drink and to participate in other improper activities. She wasn’t very worried about having a glass of wine with dinner after participating in a beer pong challenge and won.

“Broken hearts? Well let me count now, one, two…” Maddie held out her right hand and counted two fingers and made a concentrated expression. “That’s about it. Mom and daddy. Most of my friends went to college or moved, traveling, whatever. I haven’t really had any serious boyfriends, a few dates here and there. High school boys are so immature. Your friends were the closest thing to boyfriends I got. How about you? Any pretty ladies in your life? Permanently I mean and besides me.”

The waitress came back with their drinks and her salad, gave a small smile and walked away. Maddie picked up her fork again and picked up a few pieces of lettuce with it. The lettuce crunched silently in her mouth, water from the lettuce mixed in with the dressing gave an interesting texture to it. She felt starving; eating was a major concern when it came to her. If she didn’t eat at least once every four hours she would get grumpy and irritable. It was best if she kept herself fed. She ate another forkful of her salad then smiled at Jason.
 
Jason ordered his dinner when Maddie was finished, opting for the lasagna and a salad. Since Maddie had ordered Chianti, he asked the waitress to just bring a carafe. He listened as she teased him about broken hearts and actually felt a little badly that she hadn’t had any real boyfriends. She certainly was cute enough and a smart and funny girl, he figured guys should be falling all over each other to take her out on a date.

“I guess I didn’t realize that when women say men are dumb, it’s really true of most guys. I mean, you’re so cute and smart and fun, I would have thought guys would be falling all over themselves to get you to go out with them. Guess they don’t know a good thing when they see one. I mean, if you weren’t my sister, I’d ask you out in a heartbeat.” Jason smiled across the table at her.

The wine had just arrived and he poured their glasses, then held his up for a toast. ‘Here’s to my little sister, who’s a big girl now.” They touched glasses and he took a big swallow. He hoped what he had said hadn’t offended her. He didn’t want her to think he was hitting on his own sister. He quickly changed the topic.

“Uh, pretty girls, lemme see,” he rubbed his chin. “Sure, I’ve dated some nice girls. I mean, there’s no shortage of ‘em on a college campus, you know. “But permanent? No. Not even close. I mean, I liked some of them all right but I guess no one really felt like a keeper, you know? So I guess it’s just me and you, kid.” He raised his glass and toasted again. “To us,” he grinned.
 
Maddie’s eyes shot fully open when her brother mentioned him asking her out. She knew he was kidding, but the thought made her curious and confused. Would other brothers say that to a sibling? If so, under what circumstances? If the sibling hasn’t had a boyfriend? She wasn’t sure what the answers were, but she wasn’t about to ask. Once Jace changed the subject she let it go as well. It was probably just a slip of the tongue, something that happens when not thinking clearly.

He made a small but sweet toast to her and they both took a drink. The first drink was always the sweetest in her opinion, so she savored the taste for a few moments before swallowing. Maddie listened to him talk about the girls who have came in and out of his life, but none sticking around. She felt a little bad for her brother, he was always the one to make her feel better and she was sure that he would do the same to some lucky girl. But she couldn’t feel that bad for him as he talked about all the ‘nice’ girls he’s been with.

“To us.” Maddie smiled back and lifted her glass to his.

She took a few more bites of her salad and a drink of water. She was still trying to push back the comment Jason made about them being together. The sentence only lasted a second or two before it was in the air, in her mind. She never thought of her brother of anything but her brother until now. She could somewhat see how they would look as a couple, not only appearance wise but chemistry wise. They got along so well as brother and sister, imagine how they would get along as friends. Or something a little more. Madeline smiled and rolled her eyes quickly for thinking such a thing. She decided to blame it on the wine and the excitement of being somewhere new.

“It’s not like guys don’t ask me out. I just don’t accept.” She said casually, referring to his earlier comment about her romantic life. “I figured that I would experience the whole dating thing in college and here I am.”
 
Jason’s mind was racing at full speed as he contemplatively ate his dinner. He had said something out loud that had apparently been buried in his subconscious and it was like he had let the cat out of the bag. He found himself examining his feelings for his sister again and comparing her to all the other girls he had dated. And he was coming to a realization that he loved her much more than any of them and not necessarily just as a sister. He tried to shake these ideas out of his mind, but a part of him didn’t want to. He stole glances at Maddie across the table as they ate and found himself thinking how pretty and cute she was and she also had the most sparkling personality of any girl he had known. He found his mind wandering to thoughts of kissing her and maybe even more.

“I guess we’re just both kind of picky,” he semi-muttered in response to her last statement. They ate in silence for a while, only exchanging short random thoughts just to be making conversation. He noticed that she seemed to be somewhat nervous like he was and he wondered if it was for the same reasons.

“More wine, sis?” he asked when he noticed her glass was less than half full. He filled it up without waiting for an answer. He didn’t make a toast, just raised his glass and tipped it toward her then took a big swallow. He watched as she did the same, smiling back at him. He was feeling good from the food and wine and started talking off the top of his head without really thinking about what he was saying.

“So you’re looking forward to dating college boys, are you?” he asked as they finished eating. “I don’t know, Maddie, maybe I won’t let you. Maybe I’ll just want to keep you for myself,” he winked at her.
 
“College boys. What more is there to say, Jace? College boys can be a little more serious than you and your crazy friends. My friend, Candace, dated this college guy for like four months. Some guys are looking for relationships, not just easy girls.” Maddie smiled and held her wine glass in her hand. “If you try to hold me back I’ll bite you. Seriously.”

Madeline was only half joking. She had technically waited three years to come to college to date more experienced guys. She didn’t mind telling a few white lies to get what she wanted. She wasn’t exactly lying when she said that some guys wanted relationships, but even the ones who do want their needs met. Besides, she wouldn’t mind taking a nip at her brother.

“Wow.” Maddie whispered quietly, cussing herself off inside her head.

It sounded worse when she thought about it. Wouldn’t mind taking a nip at him, she thought. How sick was that? Not even the nastiest ideas that ran her thoughts made her cringe like that one did. It wasn’t meant sexual, but if she had said it out loud it would have. It was times like this she was grateful that Jace never got any psychic abilities.

The waitress that served them had been paid thanks to Jason and they were soon out of there and back in the car. She had tried hard to push some of the thoughts that were bottling up back into her mind. She knew that if she couldn’t stop thinking about it she would need to talk about it, soon. The only one around to listen was the topic of her perverted questions and comments. Unless he thought of her that way too. She noticed the way he first looked at her in front of the dorms. He thought I was just another pretty co-ed who was dressed up for a date. Which this was, she realized. It wasn’t just a family outing; it was sort of a date. But she wasn’t sure.

“Was this a date, Jace? ‘Cause it kind of felt like one. I’m probably just going crazy with nerves from being here, but I don’t know.” Maddie focused on the passing lights as Jason drove by them.
 
“A date?” Jason asked, startled. Hmm, was this a date? he thought. A date with my own sister? I suppose… it could be…

He chuckled to cover up his true feelings. “Sure, Maddie. You can call it a date if you want to. You’re certainly the prettiest girl I’ve been out with lately. Not to mention you’re smart and can carry on an intelligent conversation.” He glanced over at her and gave her a smile and a wink just for fun.

“And you know, it’s almost like we know each other already, I feel very comfortable around you. I know I can just relax and be myself.” He grinned at her, enjoying teasing her just a little.

“So I guess you want to see my place, right? Shall we go back to my apartment?” He wasn’t worried about what her answer would be because he was already headed that way.
 
“Thanks Jace. Now if anyone asks I can say I was out with one of the handsomest, well known guys at college. Actually, I guess I can’t say that. If I ever get called out in class and people hear that my last name is the same as yours that would totally freak them all out. “

Maddie blushed and rolled her eyes at the compliments Jace was giving her. It should have sounded creepy or sarcastic coming from an older brother, but it was nice. She always liked it when he would spend time with her instead of going out with a friend; he always had some way of making her feel special. From a smile to a compliment, it made her feel equal with him.

“You’re place?” Maddie tilted her head and looked at Jason hard.

She might have looked like she was trying to read his mind, which would have been very helpful. But no, she was thinking of if he had the same twisted feeling in his stomach that she did when he talked about going back to his place. What sort of intentions did her brother have when picking her up? Drinking wine and eating at a small romantic Italian place was definitely not so family-like. So did he have the intentions of bringing her back to his place a little tipsy or out of her mind? She didn’t want to believe that he would ever try anything, but it was a possibility. It could all be innocent fun, just teasing and joking around.

“Sure. I mean, you’ve seen mine.” Maddie nodded slightly and looked out the window. “We’re already going there, aren’t we? This isn’t the way back to campus, is it?”
 
Jace had to laugh as she rattled on about their ‘date’ and how to explain it. It helped cover up the nervousness and excitement that was growing inside him. Was he really just going to show her his apartment, or was there more? He wasn’t even sure of his own intentions. He just knew he felt a little light-headed from the wine and he was feeling very relaxed and happy. He looked his little sister up and down in the seat next to him, evaluating her with his eyes not as his sister but as a young pretty woman. He wondered if she was having feelings similar to his.

“That’s right, Maddie,” he joked. “You’ve shown me yours, so now I have to show you mine.” He winked and laughed at his intentional double meaning.

“Yes, we’re almost there actually, just a few more lights. “I hope you don’t mind I made an assumption that you would want to come over. I mean, my place is ok but not the neatest place in the world. But I’m not a slob either so it’s pretty comfortable and cozy. I just thought you might want to see how your big brother lives. I might even have some wine in the fridge, maybe we can have a little after dinner drink? I just want to spend some time with you, sweetie. I’m not ready to be without you yet. You don’t mind, do you?

He was so busy talking to her and thinking through all his emotion and nervousness in his head that he almost missed his turn. He took the corner a little late and a little too fast making the tires squeal.

“Oops, sorry about that!” he said as he pulled into a parking spot. “Anyway, here we are. This is it.”
 
Maddie bit her tongue hard when Jason turned so suddenly that she thought she tasted blood. She was about to say something when she heard the tires screeching and then she was pushed to the side by the impact. Thank god for seatbelts, right? The only thing that she was irritated about was her numb tongue and the fact that she couldn’t remember what it was she was going to say.

“Thanks a lot, Jace. I think my tongue is paralyzed. What am I going to do if I can’t move my tongue?” Maddie shot a dirty look at her brother and held her tongue with her fingers, probing and pinching it to see if any nerves were present.

A few seconds after scolding Jace she felt her fingers pinching her tongue. She didn’t actually think that she would never feel her tongue again but it still hurt a lot. Jason parked in front of a building and shut off the car. Maddie felt like being stubborn and to sit in the car sulking, but she was too interested in what his place looked like. She took off her seatbelt and got out, shutting her door behind her. The building looked a little tall, maybe a dozen or so feet high. She would have rushed ahead of Jason to get there first but he would probably have to use a key.

“It really does hurt. I’m driving myself home.” Maddie complained and walked beside her brother into the building. “I need ice I think. It feels like my tongue just got bit by a dog or something.”
 
“Hey, I’m sorry, Maddie,” Jace answered sheepishly. He didn’t want to admit to her that he had almost missed a very familiar turn because he was nervous about what might happen. “I guess I just got distracted for a second or something. I’m sure it’ll be all right.” He opened the door with a key and put his arm around her shoulder as he escorted her into the building. They made their way to his apartment and he let her go in first then closed the door and slid the deadbolt.

“Well, this is it,” he declared, making a sweeping motion toward the room. “I’ll give you the tour in a second. First let’s see about that tongue of yours.”

He put his hands on both her shoulders and turned her to face him, then put one hand on her chin. “Open up, let’s see, Maddie.” She stuck her tongue out and pointed a finger to the sore spot. “Ahhh, baby, I ‘m so sorry. It doesn’t look too bad though. Want me to kiss it and make it better?”

He didn’t wait for her answer but leaned down and kissed her tongue. Then he licked the slight wound and suddenly her tongue was in his mouth and his tongue was licking hers and they were basically french kissing. He really hadn’t meant too do that, it just happened. It took a second for his brain to register what he was doing and he quickly broke off.

“Oh god, I’m sorry, sis!” he exclaimed. “I really didn’t mean to do that!”
 
Maddie was glad her tongue was getting some attention and that he apologized. She playfully stuck out her tongue and watched him look at it closely. When he asked her if she wanted him to kiss it better she thought he had been kidding, but a second later he kissed her tongue. She expected him to stop, laugh and walk her around his apartment, but he didn’t take his hands off of her. Instead his tongue found its way into her mouth and hers in his. She wasn’t sure what was happening or if she was just going insane. She could feel him pressed up against her and his tongue exploring her mouth.

“Oh god, I’m sorry, sis!” he exclaimed. “I really didn’t mean to do that!”

Maddie stayed still against the wall and closed her eyes. Her head was swimming with old thoughts combined with the new events that took place. She couldn’t believe that he kissed her without any sign or hesitation, none at all. It happened so fast that it wouldn’t have felt real if he hadn’t started to apologize. It was hard to admit that she wished he hadn’t stopped, it felt foreign and wrong to want what she wanted.

“Actually, I think it helped. It doesn’t feel so bad now.” Maddie said quietly and smiled.

She looked at her brother and tried to reassure him that she wasn’t going to run off screaming. He looked afraid of her reaction, or maybe curiosity was the right word. Curious of what his younger sister would do after such a kiss. She wasn’t sure what she should do. Every part of her body wanted to pull him back to her and resume their kiss, but her brain told her that it was a mistake. A onetime mistake. But what if she continued on and he felt rejected? Or embarrassed?

“Give me that tour and some more alcohol please.” She lifted up on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek while messing up his hair with her fingers.
 
Jace was glad that Maddie didn’t seem to mind his ‘accidental’ kiss. But it also seemed like it was more than that. Not just that she didn’t mind, but maybe that she even liked it. He had liked it, he knew that. He had liked it very much. His mind was racing, trying to interpret his feelings.

“Umm, sure, Mad,” he finally stammered. “Tour, sure.” He turned around and stepped away, sweeping his hand toward the room. “Well, this, uh, obviously, is the living room. The kitchen is this way.” He led her into the kitchen, it was nice but pretty basic. He opened the fridge and looked inside.

“Hmm, well, I don’t seem to have any more wine, sis. Looks like all I have right now is some vodka. You drink vodka? I got some orange juice here, I can make like a screwdriver. You like screwdrivers?”

For some reason, asking her that suddenly felt kind of suggestive in his mind. He hoped she didn’t think so. He quickly directed his attention to getting the bottles out of the fridge and mixing up a couple glasses, handing one to Maddie. He took a sip of his and looked at her. “Hm, not too bad,” he smiled. “Shall we continue the grand tour?”

He showed her through the rest of the apartment. It was pretty basic and pretty obviously a guy’s place. Not beautifully decorated or anything but reasonably neat and tasteful. One bedroom he was using as a game room, with a pool table and dart board as well as his exercise machine. The last room was his bedroom.

“So, this is my room.” He opened the door and held his arm out for her to enter. On the opposite wall was his bed, a king. There was no cover but the sheets and blanket were pulled up neatly. “So what do you think? You like it? A little better than a dorm room, don’t you think? It’s not fancy, but it’s comfortable.”

Without really thinking about it, he sat down on one side of the bed to finish his drink. He patted the bed next to him. “Hey, you can sit down too, sis,” he smiled.
 
Maddie held in a giggle as he mixed the drinks together quietly. She realized that he must have felt that what he said triggered something sexual in her mind. Which it did, after what just happened pretty much anything could be related to sex.

“Yum.” Maddie took a sip after her brother and followed him around his apartment.

It was simple enough, surprisingly not too messy. She thought he might’ve cleaned up a bit, but then he must have been expecting someone here. Maybe someone was already here before her. She tried not to think about it too much and sipped more of her drink as he talked about his place. It was bigger than her dorm room that she’d eventually have to share with someone else, but she didn’t feel envious or regretful of her choice. She could always come back here if she wanted some time away from her roommate. Maddie was shown the way to his bedroom, the last room that was left to be shown. It was modest, not big nor small. The bed looked like it was a size too big and there was a personal touch lying around on the floor. A few dirty socks or shorts made it feel more like his room.

“Kind of reminds me of your room at home, just with less of a mess for mom to clean.” She smiled and watched him sit on the bed.

Maddie sat down on the bed and crossed her leg over another, looking around the room. She felt nervous being so close to him again. This time they were on a bed, in his room. She wanted to just touch him again to make sure she wasn’t dreaming or seeing things. Maddie ran her fingers along his forearm and smiled to herself. It was very much real, and she couldn’t take her hands off of him. Knowing that your own brother could possibly want you in such a way was a major ego boost.

“It’s nice here, but it’s missing something.” She said quietly and finished her drink quickly, her throat burning lightly. “Like a woman’s touch.”
 
Back
Top