go coal or go cold?

My perfectly shaped cranium will suffice. I shave my head so with a little green toner, I will easily blend in with the aliens in any case.
 
My perfectly shaped cranium will suffice. I shave my head so with a little green toner, I will easily blend in with the aliens in any case.

Fucking ACE plan dude. Only use organic, carbon free, gren toner though.
 
Power Station Coal can be quarried in Indonesia or Australia, ( the two biggest exporters) shipped 10,000 miles to UK, landed and transported to any midlands power station, for about 12 Pounds a ton less than any domestic mine in UK. Coal mining started to decline in the UK in 1920. Labour governments closed more capacity than the Tories before Thatcher buried a dead industry.
 
If the UK allowed some fracking we could be independent of world markets. But the current rules prevent it because the limit for earth tremors is so slight that you need very sensitive instruments to detect it. An HGV passing half a mile away causes more vibration than is allowed for fracking.

Every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, if the sea conditions are right (or wrong) my house shakes as if it by a 4.0 earthquake because of explosions at a MOD site across the estuary. That is far more than the worst fracking but because it is the government that does it they don't care.
 
Back
Top