I’m off

GuiltyCowboy

Virgin
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Posts
993
I’ve decided to close my account and leave this site and I just wanted to say, before I disappear, that I’ve enjoyed all the weird and wonderful interactions on this forum.

It’s broadened my horizons in ways I never imagined it would. And that’s been great. I have particularly enjoyed encountering people with radically different lifestyles, sexualities and outlooks on life. Long may this continue to be a place where everyone can meet.

Anyway, I’m a young man with plenty of responsibilities out in the real world and I need to not get sucked into the temptation of giving my time to this site or to the writing of naughty stories. It’s a shame because I do enjoy it but I’m just not good at managing the balance.

If it’s still here in a few decades, maybe I’ll come back as a retiree.

Otherwise, in the next few days, I’ll be slinking off to become one of those weirdos who call themselves Anonymous…

- GC
 
I’ve decided to close my account and leave this site and I just wanted to say, before I disappear, that I’ve enjoyed all the weird and wonderful interactions on this forum.

It’s broadened my horizons in ways I never imagined it would. And that’s been great. I have particularly enjoyed encountering people with radically different lifestyles, sexualities and outlooks on life. Long may this continue to be a place where everyone can meet.

Anyway, I’m a young man with plenty of responsibilities out in the real world and I need to not get sucked into the temptation of giving my time to this site or to the writing of naughty stories. It’s a shame because I do enjoy it but I’m just not good at managing the balance.

If it’s still here in a few decades, maybe I’ll come back as a retiree.

Otherwise, in the next few days, I’ll be slinking off to become one of those weirdos who call themselves Anonymous…

- GC
Sorry to see you go, but seems like you have priorities and I 100% respect that.

Many of us here are older and settled in with our careers and lives and have the time to waste here and to spend on writing, but for those getting started on life you need to be all in on that start. Down the line you'll have the time to circle back to this or other hobbies

Good luck in your journey.
 
I’ve decided to close my account and leave this site and I just wanted to say, before I disappear, that I’ve enjoyed all the weird and wonderful interactions on this forum.

It’s broadened my horizons in ways I never imagined it would. And that’s been great. I have particularly enjoyed encountering people with radically different lifestyles, sexualities and outlooks on life. Long may this continue to be a place where everyone can meet.

Anyway, I’m a young man with plenty of responsibilities out in the real world and I need to not get sucked into the temptation of giving my time to this site or to the writing of naughty stories. It’s a shame because I do enjoy it but I’m just not good at managing the balance.

If it’s still here in a few decades, maybe I’ll come back as a retiree.

Otherwise, in the next few days, I’ll be slinking off to become one of those weirdos who call themselves Anonymous…

- GC
It is addictive.

But it's probably like trying to quit smoking, drugs, or alcohol. Beware of the withdrawal symptoms when going "anonymous." You might have a relapse.
 
Sounds like you're doing the right thing for you, and that's good. If you are leaving your stories active, I recommend you post a 'goodbye' message on your author page. That way if readers find your stories and wonder what happened to you, they can find out. Best to you and your future!
 
I had to go cold turkey on World of Warcraft when I was in college, so I understand...

I'll only say that one sure path to professional burnout is to abandon all creative hobbies in favor of grinding! If Lit is not a hobby that allows you to maintain balance, then it may need to be set aside for a while, but I hope that you'll hold onto other forms of artistic release (so to speak) in your life 🥰
 
Last edited:
I’ve decided to close my account and leave this site and I just wanted to say, before I disappear, that I’ve enjoyed all the weird and wonderful interactions on this forum.

It’s broadened my horizons in ways I never imagined it would. And that’s been great. I have particularly enjoyed encountering people with radically different lifestyles, sexualities and outlooks on life. Long may this continue to be a place where everyone can meet.

Anyway, I’m a young man with plenty of responsibilities out in the real world and I need to not get sucked into the temptation of giving my time to this site or to the writing of naughty stories. It’s a shame because I do enjoy it but I’m just not good at managing the balance.

If it’s still here in a few decades, maybe I’ll come back as a retiree.

Otherwise, in the next few days, I’ll be slinking off to become one of those weirdos who call themselves Anonymous…

- GC
Sorry to see you go, but congratulations on your self knowledge and discipline. You're the second of my group of favorite people to take this step, for these reasons.
 
I’ve decided to close my account and leave this site and I just wanted to say, before I disappear, that I’ve enjoyed all the weird and wonderful interactions on this forum.

It’s broadened my horizons in ways I never imagined it would. And that’s been great. I have particularly enjoyed encountering people with radically different lifestyles, sexualities and outlooks on life. Long may this continue to be a place where everyone can meet.

Anyway, I’m a young man with plenty of responsibilities out in the real world and I need to not get sucked into the temptation of giving my time to this site or to the writing of naughty stories. It’s a shame because I do enjoy it but I’m just not good at managing the balance.

If it’s still here in a few decades, maybe I’ll come back as a retiree.

Otherwise, in the next few days, I’ll be slinking off to become one of those weirdos who call themselves Anonymous…

- GC
Echoing other comments. You were an asset to the site but alas being an adult and responsible often calls for a little self sacrifice. As has been said do try to find a balance between duty and enjoyment.
Best of luck 👍
 
Last edited:
I'm not saying bye or good luck. :) You'll be back eventually, albeit in a way that doesn't take much of your time. It just takes a shift in perspective. You are one of the (few) people with a reasonable and balanced approach, so you are not getting off the hook that easily.

This is a place where you can log in sporadically and take part in selected threads without really missing out. Also, writing a story once a year or so may be way more satisfying than spamming one story after another. That's my perspective, at least.
 
I just got hit with an image of @GuiltyCowboy , riding off into the sunset - American Western Style.
And then this quote came back to me: "I never say goodbye, I say, 'au-revoir.' Goodbye is so final. Au-revoir means I will see you again." — Tao Porchon-Lynch.
 
I had to go cold turkey on World of Warcraft when I was in college, so I understand...

I'll only say that one sure path to professional burnout is to abandon all creative hobbies in favor of grinding! If Lit is not a hobby that allows you to maintain balance, then it may need to be set aside for a while, but I hope that you'll hold onto other forms of artistic release (so to speak) in your life 🥰
I 100% agree with this, and not just because of my crush on Penny. It is important to have balance and I fully respect that, but please make sure you continue to give yourself a little bit of self-care and hobby time no matter how busy you are. Also, thank you for writing the nicest farewell message that I've seen here for some time. You'll always be welcome back.
 
Back
Top