I think I have a self image misconception.

bluntforcemama

Aqua Vulva
Joined
Nov 11, 2000
Posts
30,225
I hate going out in public because I think I look like crap all the time. I don't want people to look at me because I don't even compare to them... they're all so beautiful. I feel like such a leper. Anyone else get feelings like this? Are they normal?
 
I used to feel that way all the time.

Then someone told me other people feel the same way. We all think that other people look better than us.
 
Excuse me Myst..i do believe i've seen your pic.. you have nothing to worry about.. you are beautiful.. you just need to work on the self esteem.. (maybe a therapist or something, i don't know)

now me.. i feel that way.. but that is because i know i'm ugly.. not just UN-beautiful.. just down right ugly..

and yes, it's normal.. but trust me.. you have NO worries..
 
Myst said:
I hate going out in public because I think I look like crap all the time. I don't want people to look at me because I don't even compare to them... they're all so beautiful. I feel like such a leper. Anyone else get feelings like this? Are they normal?


I don't know how you feel. I go out of my way to look abnormal.

For what it's worth, I think you're absolutely beautiful and if I were a lesbian I would be chasing after you like a bitch in heat.
 
yes...

I get those feelings too!! Especially if I'm overly tired or sad.. then I feel just plain ugly and unattractive... but ... the mood passes eventually...
 
that is a problem with self confidence and low esteem, you are a great person , you just have to believe that you are , easier said than done , but the answer is within you , instead of thinking people are looking at you critically you must believe that they are looking admiringly at you ,
remember to smile , it is contageous
 
You know, sometimes on occasion I will feel that way and then I have to remind myself that we are all creatures of this earth. We are all beautiful in our very special way and who cares if someone looks better than us or is skinnier or whatever... Deep down we are all individuals who are worthy of everything the world has to offer...

So, be strong and be proud...
 
It's normal but the good news is that there's a good chance you'll grow out of it... or at least I did.
 
Myst said:
I hate going out in public because I think I look like crap all the time. I don't want people to look at me because I don't even compare to them... they're all so beautiful. I feel like such a leper. Anyone else get feelings like this? Are they normal?

I feel like this all the time. It is one of the main reasons I am single.
I like to fantasize that there are more important things than looks. I am sure there are. Yet I still sleep alone.
 
Some times

I think we all have " just one of them days " when some how we think we don't look to good.

I , some times feel like that because it seems like others seem to be better dressed then I am ... but then it goes away. I know who I am and I proud of myself so I just go on walking forward head held high and smiling. :)
 
i'm a scrawny, titless androgenous midget...

otherwise, i'm fine
 
It's normal, though the degree varies. I don't think I'm at all attractive. And can't for the life of me understand how you do. You just gotta know that I think I'm bad and you think I'm good, so it follows that even when you think you're bad, others (especially me) know you're fantastic.
 
I think feelings like yours are part of being human. I used to have those feelings all the time, but when I stopped worrying about everything, the feelings stopped. It's not like I made a conscious effort to stop worrying. I think as you get older, you get a sense of who & what is important and who & what is bullshit - the former being about 10% of life, the latter comprising about 90%. Once that realization fully hits you - once you you really understand that most of what you've been told all your life is important is actually not all that important after all, including looks - you'll find yourself going down to the 7-11 in sweats and no make-up. And you'll think to yourself, "WTF!? When did I turn into my mom?" Scary, but true.
 
I have that problem EVERYDAY!!!!!!!! It's normal.
 
Laurel

Does rolling out of bed in pj's, grabbing my books and going to class fall into that category too??

Uh-oh...
 
Re: I think I have a self image misconception......



That's the key... it's a misconception. You are beautiful and a good woman.....

You just hurt cause you, right now, can't be with the man that make you feel like a million bucks. :(

*hugs ya close and noogies your head*
 
Re: Laurel

celiaKitten said:
Does rolling out of bed in pj's, grabbing my books and going to class fall into that category too??

Uh-oh...

LOL!
 
Starfish said:
Re: I think I have a self image misconception......



That's the key... it's a misconception. You are beautiful and a good woman.....

You just hurt cause you, right now, can't be with the man that make you feel like a million bucks. :(

*hugs ya close and noogies your head*
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways. It's posts like these that makes you 1 of the SWEETES on the board. "HIDY-HO."LOL
 
Hidy ho to you too nasty!

Gee you smell all nice and flowery!
Don't forget to brush your teeth three times a day!

(thanks) ;)
 
Myst said:
I hate going out in public because I think I look like crap all the time. I don't want people to look at me because I don't even compare to them... they're all so beautiful. I feel like such a leper. Anyone else get feelings like this? Are they normal?

http://www.socialphobia.org/whatis.html

I feel like this myself sometimes, in certain situations. I can stand up and speak in front of hundreds of people, or a classroom of teenagers, no problem.

But sometimes I can't go to the mall, or Food Lion... With me I think it is a control issue, if I am 'in charge' everything is okay.
 
On my grave I want written, "In all things I tried my best." That's all I expect from myself and my children.
It has taken me 30 years (I'm 32) to think bugger what other people think. They see and judge who I am but have no idea what or who I am, nothing about my morals, beliefs etc.
Beauty is only skin deep.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, personality is what is important to me.
I don't judge people by their looks but by their personality.
I love people for who they truly are. My best friend is the most honest, understanding person I know. She has been there for me through the good and bad times. Never once has she told me, "I can't be bothered, or I'm too busy for you." She has listened when I needed it most. She has also been gutsy enough to tell me when I am wrong. I respect her and think she is a beautiful person.
Who defines beauty? Our society? Bugger that!!! To me some of the most beautiful people are those who might be considered the so called 'misfits' of society.
I love the ugly one in the litter, the one no one else wants, the one that strives the hardest to live with the most 'strikes' against us.
"Judge not, lest ye be judged."
Like who you are, not what you cannot be.
We are all talented, whatever our talent may be.
 
I don't want people to look at me because I don't even compare to them... they're all so beautiful. -Myst

Luckily you're gorgeous Myst, but there are plenty of not so beautiful folk, and they have every right to walk the streets. :) Right after my second son was born, I had gained a lot of weight, and I felt just like that all the time. One day I decided that even if I was fat and ugly, I was going to take my shot on this earth. I'm pretty sure that was the day I started losing weight and feeling prettier. :)
 
quote from beckbabe
"I don't want people to look at me because I don't even compare to them... they're all so beautiful. -Myst

Luckily you're gorgeous Myst, but there are plenty of not so beautiful folk, and they have every right to walk the streets. Right after my second son was born, I had gained a lot of weight, and I felt just like that all the time. One day I decided that even if I was fat and ugly, I was going to take my shot on this earth. I'm pretty sure that was the day I started losing weight and feeling prettier. "

Thank you for this beckbabe. We are what we feel we are. Be thankful for who you are not what you might be if, if, if, you lost weight, had your stomach stapled, had cosmetic surgery, were 10,20,30,40, 40,... years younger. None of this changes who you are. If people can't accept you for who you are then damnit getting a facelift/cosmetic suregery/liposuction etc is going to make them like you more? I don't think so.
Freedom of choice is our personal right. You want bigger/smaller breasts? Your thighs sucked out? etc Your choice. Don't do it to conform though. Be your best, bugger the rest.
Happy with who you are? Be proud, our children are dying with bulimia/anorexia trying to be magazine 'perfect'.


I love you all, so short, small, xtra large, or even xtra tall
God's creatures we are all, love thy neighbour once and all
 
Back
Top