jaF0
Literotica Guru
- Joined
- Dec 31, 2009
- Posts
- 39,169
"Europe's top court rules that Facebook can be ordered to remove illegal content
Engadget|21 minutes ago
The case highlights the complexity of enforcing rules within a borderless web. Courts in the European Union can now order Facebook to remove user comments deemed illegal, according to a new ruling by the EU's highest court, which has implications for the ..."
'Deemed illegal' by who?
I'll never defend Fakebook and would love to see it out of business, but ... Fuck EU.
I support removing comments that promote criminal activity, but this will be used by oppressive governments to force removal of comments in protests or that they simply don't like and 'deem illegal'. We've already seen that in Hong Kong among other places.
Engadget|21 minutes ago
The case highlights the complexity of enforcing rules within a borderless web. Courts in the European Union can now order Facebook to remove user comments deemed illegal, according to a new ruling by the EU's highest court, which has implications for the ..."
'Deemed illegal' by who?
I'll never defend Fakebook and would love to see it out of business, but ... Fuck EU.
I support removing comments that promote criminal activity, but this will be used by oppressive governments to force removal of comments in protests or that they simply don't like and 'deem illegal'. We've already seen that in Hong Kong among other places.
Last edited:
