Jailhouse Brawl

DetectiveSama

Experienced
Joined
Apr 4, 2011
Posts
81
It was a late night for Officer Mike Ghon......Way too late. And that black eye he was nursing with an ice pack wasn't helping either, though his partner thought it quite a hoot.

Though 5'11 and built like a boxer, coupled with his uniform it made an effective barrier to most blows, as people tended to think twice about tangling with an officer of the law. Save for that one instance which like a rookie, he had forgotten.

"The drunken brawl." Called out by the bartender, he and his partner had driven to the pub in question and was forced to arrest several people, amongst them some woman who as she flailed, managed to clip him good in the eye.

And now he was here, with at least six people in the tank, a black eye and the prospect of what his mother was going to say at the family reunion come Saturday, other then his single status.

He sighed and rolled his eye as he looked to the ceiling and spoke aloud.

"Why me....."

Damn.

"First sign of madness, talking to yourself."

He scowled and looked at the door where his partner watched him, grinning as Mike gave him the one-fingered salute in return as he laughed and spoke.

"C'mon, you can take it out on the people. You still gotta speak to them. No need to thank me by the way."

Mike scowled once more before sighing and getting up, walking toward the area in question where witnesses were questioned....Ah well. Like his boss liked to say, "if you can't take a joke, you shouldn't have joined."

And approaching the door, he put his hand on the knob and walked in.
 
Erin couldn't believe it. What had started out as a genuinely good night had quickly spiraled out of control. Saint Patricks Day. The national day for drinking green beer and getting wasted. And erin had drawn the short straw. She had been selected to be the designated driver. It wasn't a big deal really. She could have fun even with sober.

It had been a fun night. Until her friends had decided to join in on a brawl in the pub. Two of them had been arrested and one had even hit an officer in the eye pretty hard. Erin winced as she remembered that. Now she was driving to the jail to see what could be done to get her stupid friends out.

She pulled up in front of the jail and put her car in park. Sighing, she stepped out into the.cool night air. She shivered slightly. The silk dress she was wearing looked amazing as it hugged her athletic 5'2, 110lbs body, but it did little to ward off the cold. Quickly Erin crossed the lot on her red high heels and entered the building. She ran her fingers through her shoulder length auburn hair and looked around for someone to help her out.
 
Some minutes later, Officer Ghon would step out of the room, slightly more pissed off and now with a migraine.

Saint Patricks Day....Bah.

He sighed and walked toward his office, opening it up and preparing to go home to his apartment and his nice, warm bed. He had enough of work today and would-He glanced up and sighed.

Somebody was in the building, and if his guess was correct....She most likely was here for her friends.


..........Godamnit.

He put his stuff back down and walked out, approaching her and speaking politely, aware of how stupid he looked with his black eye.

"Can I help you ma'am?"
 
Erin heard the man's voice and turned towards it. She winced involuntarily. He was the one Nikki had hit if she guessed by his eye."Oh my" she murmured.

"Uh hi. My name is Erin O'Sullivan. I came to uh see what needs to happen to get my friend's stupid ass out of jail" she said."She is the one that uh, did that to you". Erin felt herself blush. the cop appeared extremely ticked. She couldn't blame him. She took a step forward without thinking.

"That looks kinda bad" she said. She shook her head."I can't believe she did that to you. I apologize for her. I guess since I was DD I should have taken more responsibility for her".
 
Raising an eyebrow at her concern(it was kind of nice to hear someone was sorry for his predicament), he closed his eyes and exhaled, letting his anger breath out along with it. It was obvious she was distressed and sorry for the actions of her friends, and it wasn't like it was done on purpose anyway....And smiling genuinely for the first time that day, he looked at her....And was surprised by how close she suddenly became, as she seemed to have stepped closer to him in the time he had closed his eyes.

He could smell her perfume, something light and flowery that reminded him of home.

He was also staring and realizing it, he cleared his throat and spoke, trying to make light of his eye.

"Its no worry ma'am. I've gotten worse if I bring the wrong donut box to my boss. Also, if your here to get them out of here, I'm afraid you'll have to wait till morning, unless you wanted to post bail."

He smiled apologetically.

"Besides, a night in the tank does no one any harm and you can pick her up in the morning when she's sober and docile."

On impulse, he stuck out his hand.

"Officer Micah Ghon. But my friends calls me "Mike"
 
Erin laughed softly at his joke about donuts. At least he had a sense of humor about it. When he mentioned posting bail Erin sighed. She didn't have the money for that. She supposed Nikki would just have to wait it out. Besides, he had a point about her beong calm in the morning. Last erin had seen she had been kicking and screaming as she was carried out.

Erin took his hand and shook it. His large hsnd dwarfed her slim one and his handshake was firm but gentle. She noticed as she stared at him how handsome he was,. In a rugged, bad ass,.cop sort of way. His body filled out his uniform perfectly and she found herself wondering what he looked like without it on. Mentally she chastised herself. What the Hell was she doing thinking like that about the cop her friend had just punched?

"It's nice to meet you, although I admit it could have been under better circumstances" she said, smiling."You know, the black eye kinda gives you a wounded warrior type of look- it could work wonders with the ladies" she said, her green eyes twinkling with amusement.
 
He loved hearing her laugh, and ditto when she smiled. He found himself wanting to hear it again and wondered if she had a boyfriend. Odds were however that she was taken. It was his kind of luck after all that screwed him over in the past. Still, may as well take it as it comes. A little light flirting never hurt anyone, right?

Mock-seriously, with a twinkle in his eye he responded in kind.

"Ah yes, I can see it now. Surrounded by many adoring fans, as I impart a tale of loss, sorrow and a goatee-esque villain. Who on the brink of utter disaster, did smack my eye though I lived to tell the tale...."

He grinned suddenly, the pain he felt in his eye receding the more he spoke to her. Laughter really was the best medicine and innocently, he would ask.

"Is it working?"
 
Erin fluttered a hand above her heart and pretended to swoon."Oh my hero" she said in a playful, high pitched voice. Her eyes were drawn to his face as he laughed and smiled. It transformed him from what seemed like a serious, no-playing cop to a care-free, handsome guy.

"You should play up the pain though, ya know? Women would flock to take care of you I'm sure" she said. She found herself looking down at his left hand for a ring. None to be seen but of course that didn't mean anything.
 
There was no ring on his finger. Mostly because when wearing jewelry, punches tended to hurt you more then the other to say nothing of what they may be caught up in. Cloth, etc.

The other reason was because he never could find anyone that he truly wanted to settle down with. A fact that his mother lost no time in berating him about, every time he saw her. She wanted grandchildren, and was afraid he was going to die a bachelor. He loved her, make no mistake....But lately, such talks were beginning to take its toll as he considered taking extra duty, if only to escape the dreaded family reunion that was coming up this Saturday. Dear God, the reunion....A chance for all his aunts, uncles, cousins and siblings with their families to hear his mother proclaim loudly about how he wasn't getting any younger and why didn't he like the nice girls she set him up with.....

Wasn't family great?

One thing at a time though, and at the moment he was pleased to see the sense of humor from this one. At her words, he spoke as he crossed his arms.

"Really? I'll have to keep that in mind.....So, Saint Patricks Day eh? You celebrated yet?"

Inwardly he was chanting.

Please be single, please be single, please be single.....
 
Erin smiled and shrugged, she leaned back against the wall behind her and crossed her feet at the ankles,.emphasizing her shapely calves and thin ankles."It depends. do you consider playing designated driver for a bunch of drunken drawers celebrating?" she asked, rolling her eyes.

"But then again I guess thats exactly what you were tonight, huh? Taxi driver for those same drunks" she said, winking at him.

She was enjoying the banter between them and wanted to ask if he was single, but she wasn't necessarily the forward type. She was usually reserved with me, which is probably why she didnt have a man herself. Something about this man was different though.
 
Distracting as her charms were, he forced himself not to stare openly and kept his eyes on her face. For one, he wasn't sure if she'd appreciate it, and he knew instinctively this person wasn't like the others he had dated before. He was enjoying their talk, the way she laughed and smiled. He could listen to that forever. For now though, he'd settle for an hour and he smirked, answering her question by making a disco pantomime with his hands,pretending to wave glowsticks as his mouth beatboxed for a few seconds before he spoke.

"Nah, I was thinking someplace more quieter if you like. There's a bar I know that should be open still if your interested. Don't worry, I promise not to pinch. Even if you don't wear green."
 
Erin laughed out loud as Mike joked around. She shrugged when he mentioned her not wearing green."Maybe I am wearing green" she replied."I would love to go celebrate with you, but I have to ask. There's no girlfriend or wife waiting in the background to give me a matching black eye.is there?" she asked.

Her heart was pumping fast in her chest as she waited for his answer. she was praying he would say he was single. She didn't remember ever being so attracted to a man so fast before.
 
He blinked at her direct question, and took it as a good sign as he smiled.

"No, nobody like that at all. I've been married to my work for a while now actually."

Partly true. Another reason he was still single as well was the hours he kept, erratic and changing. Something that most of the women he dated before couldn't get over.

At the moment though, he would glance at the clock and back at her as he spoke.

"I have to punch out first before I can leave though. Wait for me?"

He smiled to reassure her and turned to head into the back, an odd though occurring to his mind as he did.

Odd, I didn't see her wear anything green.....
 
Erin smiled and nodded as he asked her to wait. She ran her fingers through her hair again as she waited, wishing she had brought a brush with her. She wanted to impress this guy for some reason. It wasn't long before he was back. Erin gave one more look at where the holding cells were and shrugged. She didn't have the money to bail Nikki out so it wasnt like she was pitching her or anything.

Erin smiled brightly at Mike as he approached."So, did you want to take seperate cars or....?" she asked softly, as she fell into step beside him. She smiled as she noticed even with her heels he was still a good 6 inches taller than her.
 
Looking down at her as they strode into the parking lot, he spoke with a slight smile.

"I'd prefer the company if you cared to share vehicles. I give my solemn word as well that I have no intents upon your virtue this night, should you trust me in your car or mine."

He paused for a beat then spoke teasingly.

"Unless of course, you take pity upon this old, wounded man in the line of duty."
 
Erin laughed softly at his words."I suppose I can trust you. But if you get too fresh I might just have to call the cops" she said, her eyes sparkling with good humor. God the man.was charming."So, my vehicle or yours?" she asked.as they walked across the parking lot. Her arm brushed his as they walked and she felt the touch like an electric shot through her body.
 
He gave a mock-gasp of horror at her threat as they walked.

"Not the cops! Anything but that!"

Then considering her question, he spoke.

"We can take my car if you like."

And as he lead her through the parking lot to his vehicle, he opened the door for her politely before making sure she was situated, going over to the drivers seat and slipping in as he turned the key and started to drive.

Heading out onto the road, he inquired.

"So what is it you do Erin, besides console the poor souls wounded in the line of fire?"
 
Erin was touched by his politeness as he opened the door for her and helped her in the car. Men just didn't do things like that anymore. Once he had walked around and got in the drivers seat Erin smiled over at him.

"I am actually an elementary school teacher's assistant. I go to college classes as well, working on getting my teaching degree" she replied to his question. "Most of my wild nights are spent with my nose in a book". She rolled her eyes playfully. "So this is a nice change of pace, actually going out- without having to babysit a bunch of drunks".

She eyed him carefully. "You're not gonna go on some wild bender and make me drive you home are you?" she asked, her eyes glinting playfully.
 
He smiled at the description of her job. A teacher? How wonderful. From the sound of her tone as well, she sounded like she loved kids. Always a plus in his book and mentally, he gave her a few 10's in his mind in addition to everything else. At her question, he merely chuckled and spoke.

"No, but I may just get another black eye to increase my chances. You wouldn't leave a thrice-wounded man behind, would you?"

Then curious, he would ask.

"You like to read you say? What kind?"
 
Erin smiled over at him."I enjoy reading historical books but unfortunately the books I am reading are school books" she said rolling her eyes."And oh you just sound so helpless. Of course I wouldn't leave a wounded man stranded" she said winking over at him.

"So do you enjoy being a police officer?" she asked, curious about him. She had a million questions she wanted to ask.
 
He smiled and nodded as he glanced at her briefly before turning his eyes back to the road. God but that perfume was distracting. His voice would be level though as he considered her question seriously before he spoke.

"Depends on the day you ask me, but yes I would have to say that I really do. You meet the most interesting people in this line of work, and I'm not just talking about the criminals."

He smiled and continued.

"My partner for one. A better man you couldn't find, but I swear some days I'm stuck with him that he was dropped on his head when he was a baby."

He then asked her.

"So you have any family? Siblings?"
 
Erin laughed softly."Depends on the day you ask me" she said, echoing his words."I don't always claim them. I have two brothers and a sister" she answered."what about yourself?"

She studied him as he drove finding it hard to take her eyes off of him.
 
He smiled, unaware of her scrutiny as they drove, almost at their destination.

"Three. Two sisters, one brother. And all with the cutest bunch of rugrats you'll ever see."

He smiled fondly, remembering the last time he saw them. It'd be nice to see them again come Saturday.

Pulling into the parking lot of the bar, he stepped out and walked around to open her door again as well, offering his arm as though they were about to step into a ballroom as he adopted a faux-British accent.

"Shall we m'dear?"
 
Erin giggled softly as he helped her out of the car. "You seem very fond of your family" she commented, thinking that that was a great thing- a huge bonus for him in her books.

As they entered the bar it was a bit quieter than most would be on St. Patricks Day but Erin was pleased. That just meant it would be easier to talk. Mike was still in his uniform and several people stared as he entered. Erin smiled to herself. That uniform certainly was hot, she thought to herself.

Mike was hot period. He had a sense of authority that she had a feeling he would have even without the uniform. A sense of raw male power that called to her femine senses.
 
Truthfully, he was unaware of his effect over Erin.

What he did know though was that he was having fun with this woman, more fun then he could recall in a long time. He had long since forgotten about his eye by now, and honestly couldn't have cared less if he had a matching set.

It was worth it to meet this woman.

Seating themselves at the bar, he ordered two drinks one for him and one of whatever she would drink before speaking.

"Why do I feel like I have a target painted on my back now?"
 
Back
Top