Kill Bill-like RP?

The Jeffinator

Captain Manbeard
Joined
Mar 13, 2005
Posts
8,365
I was recently watching the Kill Bill movies again, and though an rp with a similar feel might be fun. Though, would you prefer playing criminal characters, or brutal vigilantes? I'm open to anything, really. Please post your thoughts :).
 
Do you think a game like this would be more appealing with content from Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, or Tekken included?
 
I think you need to specify what exactly you want a little more than you have. What about Kill Bill are you looking to reproduce? The main story I think over all would make a for a terrible RP (unless maybe it was one on one with one playing the Goddess of Vengence and the other playing virtually everybody else) because it's moving in a very specific direction as fast as it can fucking manage. Aside from old people teaching young people martial arts I don't see anything that connects KB to the fighting games you mentioned.

That said an RP in Street Fighter/Tekken/King of Fighters (I feel like Mortal Kombat kicks the crazy up several notches, Tekken 3 and 6 nonwithstanding) would be great fun. Or we can kick up the crazy and go full on Marvel vs Capcom. You just gotta get enough ladies.
 
Well, anything is up for discussion on the game, really. I usually plan everything out and the game fails, so this time, I am leaving a lot open so the group can plan it together, maybe that will make them more invested in the story. As for Kill Bill, yes, I guess I should have specified more. I said Kill Bill-like referring to the crazy bloody battles with swords and other weaponry, and in no way story-related. I would love to recreate Kiddo's battle against O-Ren and the Crazy 88 with our own unique characters, and more good guys than just one, lol.

As for the fighting game reference, I was basically saying it might be cool to have characters and stories from them placed in a Kill Bill-like action scene. Like, Ryu is so awesome with his fists, feet, and energy balls, but what if we also give him a katana and a few throwing daggers? Deck him out in a black suit like from the X-Men movies? That sounds awesome to me.
 
Or if we included content from Mortal Kombat, we could tone it down some and instead of having a tournament for the fate of Earth, Shang Tsung could instead be holding the tournament to recruit warriors for his criminal organization called Outworld. Shao Kahn and Shinnok could be demons that control things from behind the scenes, and Raiden could be a demon who disowned his brother Kahn and turned to the light, becoming a rare "white demon," one who has turned away from the darkness.

Maybe the good guys are characters Raiden sends to the tournament to try and uproot Outworld. We could also take aspects from several fighting games and throw it in. Though I still would love for us to have katana and throwing daggers and light-footed fight scenes, hehe.
 
Nah if we're plannin on going far enough out to have actual demons (as in species) and not just I'm Akuma and you'll call me what I tell your else I kill you! The MK universe while fun is a bit over the top. But if you wanna go there I'm ready to have crazy fun. There are enough tournaments deciding various things that we can just keep meeting up or this can be the end all be all tournament.
 
Well, even if we did demons, we could keep them closer to mortals or something. Like, instead of being the spawn of hell or something, they could be former humans who were corrupted by their negative chi. They are still living beings and can still be killed, but have been overcome by darkness. Or maybe demons are created when their souls are overcome with a dark aura. Another option is to just leave MK out alltogether.

One idea I had is to set the limits of the world and then just say people can bring in any video game character, so long as it doesn't exceed the limits of the game. Like, I would LOVE to have someone play a hot young Lara Croft, haha. I could also see Mega Man coming in or something, lol.
 
Well if we wanna do Marvel vs. . .the goddamn Universe or I had a similar idea that was titled (in my head anyway) as Smash Kingdom and it's basically everything Disney and everything Nintendo and combines the SubSpace Emisarry which was clearly using an army on loan from the Heartless in Smash Bros Wii and the actual Heartless. Wackiness ensues.
 
Well if we wanna do Marvel vs. . .the goddamn Universe or I had a similar idea that was titled (in my head anyway) as Smash Kingdom and it's basically everything Disney and everything Nintendo and combines the SubSpace Emisarry which was clearly using an army on loan from the Heartless in Smash Bros Wii and the actual Heartless. Wackiness ensues.

Man, that sounds confusing as hell, LMAO.
 
if you do a Kill Bill like RP one way to do is either have a character Killed ( not Die) (die) but sister,brother,or friend gather several other assassins together to take out the boss men and so on.
 
It's less confusing than it sounds Jeff. No more confusing that Kingdom Hearts or Smash Brothers to begin with. Shadow Council made up of various high tier villians team up, get a mook army and try to conquer the multiverse. You've seen it a dozen times. That said I agree with Knight's idea for one wronged victim gathering the baddest motherfuckers on the planet cus in real life Beatrix Kiddo got fucked over half way through step one. Hell in any planet that isn't run by saiyans ONE and it only takes ONE of the Crazy 88 got lucky well before YoYoYokio got involved and got lucky twice before Orein became involved. So that could be a compelling story. Maybe told in a similar fashion to Kill Bill where we kinda jump around in the story starting with us fighting the final hazard then jumping back to how so and so was convinced to join.
 
I don't like hopping back and forth in a rp unless they are done in flashback-style. That only works in a set script, otherwise we're just asking for plotholes and paradoxes, lol. And if we're gonna do Disney and the multiverse and all that, we may as well call the rp Crazyverse or something, hahaha.

We could do the role of one victim who goes after the one that hurt him/her, but that really limits the story. I kind of like the idea of our charactes being highly trained mercenaries who take on various missions. That gives the story a lot more potential. That gives us a lot of victims, who hire us to enact their revenge. Once that victim is avenged, we go on to the next one. We can also do missions in an almost Naruto-like sequence, and have awesome drawn out fights.

We can do as many one-shot missions as we want, and if we want a better over-arching story, they could eventually discover Outworld or Shadowlaw or something. They could be criminal organizations that we go up against. If we want to leave out demons, we could just say Shao Kahn and Bison are masters of energy manipulation or something.

Since our characters could be considered criminals for their violent activities, we could say they DO have some values, like making deaths quick and never harming children. Maybe they consider Outworld and Shadowlaw so much more evil than themselves that they want to stop them.
 
The only other idea I think works would be just do Street Fighter straight. You know the reason we're always together is the the King of Iron Fist tournamnent (Tekken), King of Fighters tournament and Street Fighter (I don't knwo the official name of that tournament) always draws in the same crowd, the only people who can make it through the prelims. We just kinda keep getting together and whatever else happens is just kinda what we do but it's hard to keep us together like that. Not that it matters. As a merc group getting vengence for interested parties it keeps us glued as a group.
 
with the mercenaries idea

makes think of, The Expendables, Wild Geese and the substitute
 
Back
Top