Language Barrier, pt. II

so....what languages can you REALLY speak?


  • Total voters
    48
I can say "One beer, please" in just about any language. That's enough to get by on, eh?
 
So far I'm the only one who checked in the Chinese/Vietnamese box. ;)

Miss that place. *sigh*
 
FatDino said:
So far I'm the only one who checked in the Chinese/Vietnamese box. ;)

Miss that place. *sigh*

Note that there is no box for Arabic.

Still.
 
I took 3 1/2 years of French in high school, but didn't check the box because I can't say that I'd do that well with it. :rolleyes:

I'm picking up a lot of Spanish as of late, but again, probably not enough to qualify.
 
FatDino said:
:D

Trying to pick up some Canadian accent there, cloudy? ;)

"trying"?

Shit, I've had the most screwed up accent for years. K calls it "southern Ojibway."

:D
 
cloudy said:
"trying"?

Shit, I've had the most screwed up accent for years. K calls it "southern Ojibway."

:D
LOL...

BTW, when do we get to hear your not-having-a-cold voice? :devil:

I'm dying to hear your Southern accent.
 
Anyone besides me find it telling that most of the posters in the original thread have yet to show up in this one?
 
cloudy said:
Anyone besides me find it telling that most of the posters in the original thread have yet to show up in this one?
They're offline right now, I think.

I mean, give them the benefit of the doubt, shall we? ;)
 
FatDino said:
They're offline right now, I think.

I mean, give them the benefit of the doubt, shall we? ;)

But that's so....not me. ;)
 
Other languages are for hosers, eh. ;)

(Sorry! Couldn't resist.)
 
cloudy said:
Take off, eh!

;)

Whatcha gonna do aboot it? You'll be sorey if you try anything! You've really cooked it now!

(Apologies to any Canadians!)
 
fcdc said:
Whatcha gonna do aboot it? You'll be sorey if you try anything! You've really cooked it now!

(Apologies to any Canadians!)

*snort*

I'm constantly teasing K about "aboat" and "hoase" among other funny words. But then, he teases me about my southern slang, too.

Dino: I know. :devil:
 
cloudy said:
*snort*

I'm constantly teasing K about "aboat" and "hoase" among other funny words. But then, he teases me about my southern slang, too.
It's funny, I don't speak that way. I speak...Ohio-an? :confused:

Dino: I know. :devil:
This is one of the few times when being a critical cynic earns you such love. :D
 
Back
Top