Let's hear it for Smuttyandfun

GuiltyCowboy

Virgin
Joined
Mar 6, 2025
Posts
993
I just want to say that I think Smuttyandfun is amazing. Maintaining that thread must be a labor of love.

I check it out only once in a while - usually when I'm exhausted at the end of the day and haven't looked at the AH for a while - but it's always a small pleasure, like having a cup of tea or doing a crossword. I can't be the only one who thinks this.

Anyway, I don't really interact with it but, given I silently enjoy it, I thought I'd give them a shout out to say bravo! And to say thanks.
 
I just want to say that I think Smuttyandfun is amazing. Maintaining that thread must be a labor of love.

I check it out only once in a while - usually when I'm exhausted at the end of the day and haven't looked at the AH for a while - but it's always a small pleasure, like having a cup of tea or doing a crossword. I can't be the only one who thinks this.

Anyway, I don't really interact with it but, given I silently enjoy it, I thought I'd give them a shout out to say bravo! And to say thanks.
I gotta say, I've found the deluge a challenge. But irresistible. If there are more than four unread pages I only look at the first and last. I go too slow and would spend my whole day otherwise. I have fun sending selected gems to hubby who is an inveterate punster.

Don't know how you do it, @Smuttyandfun, but thanks!
 
I have mixed feelings about it. I like the funny pictures and jokes. I dislike the AI art and stuff copied and pasted from social media without, e.g., changing the pronouns of the speaker/writer. It would be pointless to try to give an appropriate rating in the form of emojis to every single one, but if he/she/they/whatever could leave that stuff out, it would still be dozens of posts a day and a lot higher quality.
 
I don't really consider it to be AH content.

The fact that all her posts are duplicated in at least one other place backs it up.

I don't miss anything by ignoring the AH thread.
 
I have mixed feelings about it. I like the funny pictures and jokes. I dislike the AI art and stuff copied and pasted from social media without, e.g., changing the pronouns of the speaker/writer. It would be pointless to try to give an appropriate rating in the form of emojis to every single one, but if he/she/they/whatever could leave that stuff out, it would still be dozens of posts a day and a lot higher quality.
I'll reply to this the way I do in regard to readers who complain about story quality here.

This is a free site, you consume at no cost to yourself, if you want quality consider paying for it.

The thread makes a lot of people happy if you're not one of them that's understandable, but this is an appreciation thread. Be nice to keep it that way.
 
It's a fun thread. I check it out in the morning and almost always get a smile or laugh out of it. I contribute to it semi-regularly, but am always in awe of the multiple by which Smuttyandfun's contributions to it outnumber mine.
 
I don't really consider it to be AH content.

The fact that all her posts are duplicated in at least one other place backs it up.

I don't miss anything by ignoring the AH thread.


CalBishForNow said:

I have mixed feelings about it. I like the funny pictures and jokes. I dislike the AI art and stuff copied and pasted from social media without, e.g., changing the pronouns of the speaker/writer. It would be pointless to try to give an appropriate rating in the form of emojis to every single one, but if he/she/they/whatever could leave that stuff out, it would still be dozens of posts a day and a lot higher quality.

Soundin' a wee bit grinchy here. Picturing the Grinch sitting on top of his mountain looking down on the Hangout.

"Those AHers and their memes. Memes, memes, memes. I hate memes. Worse than mimes.

"Christmas is coming. I'm going to go down to the Hangout and steal all the AHer's memes. Especially Smuttyandfun's. Then we'll see who laughs."
 
I have mixed feelings about it. I like the funny pictures and jokes. I dislike the AI art and stuff copied and pasted from social media without, e.g., changing the pronouns of the speaker/writer. It would be pointless to try to give an appropriate rating in the form of emojis to every single one, but if he/she/they/whatever could leave that stuff out, it would still be dozens of posts a day and a lot higher quality.
How do you identify AI art?
 
How do you identify AI art?
This one looked suspicious to me, and this one. Cleaner lines and contrast than anything real. Too weird to be something someone skilled with photoshop actually put together. I'm not an expert, maybe I'm wrong about one of them, but enough look suspicious that it bugs me. Someone else pointed out problems with this one just a couple comments later. (I hope these links work, I'm doing this on my phone, if not, the last is from 8/13.) The same could be said of this.
 
Uhhh...

I guess they will come in and punish me appropriately.
I'm not punishing anyone. I don't even know if it's a her or not. I should have just said "they" instead of guessing wild-assedly and probably being wrong.

Now... if they are of a mind to punish... I'll be on a plane out of the country.
 
All I can say is I love the thread and always find something that raises my spirits.
I skip what I don't like.
I've praised @Smuttyandfun before and long may their desire to provide my laughter continue.
From what I understand they don't make the memes or critique them but do try to vary them enough that different people will find something to like.
 
Back
Top