Quotations at the Moment

elizabeth22673

Daddy's Little Girl
Joined
Apr 18, 2006
Posts
20,494
Do you ever run across a quotation that really hits home...either something you feel strongly about...something you want to work on or improve on or just something going on in your life at that moment that just says it. Or simply post a quotation you enjoy:rose:


I'll start with one that I saw recently and liked:


"No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change.” Barbara De Angelis
 
Don't know by whom it was first said but...

"When the people we love are taken from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them; buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever."
 
Don't know by whom it was first said but...

"When the people we love are taken from us, the way to have them live on is to never stop loving them; buildings burn, people die, but real love is forever."

that's beautiful....

my father came to mind :rose:

thanks sno..:kiss:
 
thought these were nice too

"It really doesn't matter if the person who hurt you deserves to be forgiven. Forgiveness is a gift you give yourself. You have things to do and you want to move on. " unknown

You must give some time to your fellow men. Even if it's a little thing, do something for others - something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it. ~ Albert Schweitzer

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. ~ Aesop
 
One of my favourites...

De gustibus non disputandum - Latin Proverb

On taste, one does not argue...
 
Everything in moderation - including moderation.
-Unknown, although many credit Aristotle.
 
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

~ Robert A. Heinlein
 
Pronouncement of experts to the effect that something cannot be done has always irritated me. - Léo Szilárd (one of my heroes! :rolleyes: )
 
Remember, George: no man is a failure who has friends - clarence the angel from It's a Wonderful Life
 
"To wear your heart on your sleeve isn't a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best." ~ Margaret Thatcher
 
The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. -:Helen Keller:-
 
" No matter how good she looks, someone, somewhere is tired of her shit "

always liked that one, seen it on a t-shirt as I was walking out of divorce court years ago
 
Last edited:
Someone just sent this to me...

"It's never too late to be what you might have been." -George Eliot

Nice sentiment.

SG
 
This one has been in my head for a few days, its a bit harsh? but I can't get it out of my mind.

"Fuck this shit"

Every time I say I feel better :)
 
I saw this a T-shirt a few years back and it always made me smile...

"God is Dead" - Nietzsche

"Nietzsche is Dead" - God

'Who the bloody hell cares?"



:rolleyes:
 
"A name makes no matter to me, as long as I can call you my own."...from the movie "A Knights Tale"


"I would rather have tasted her lips just once, touched her skin, one time, and made love to her for one night, than spend the rest of my life without ever knowing that."...Nicolas Cage from the movie "City of Angels"


"Everyone is someone's dream."...


"A dream is a wish your heart makes."...


"I went to sleep last night with a smile because I knew I'd be dreaming of you ... but I woke up this morning with a smile because you weren't a dream."
 
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile.
So, when you are lonely remember it's true,
somebody, somewhere is thinking of you."...

;)
 
"Somewhere there's someone who dreams of your smile,
and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile.
So, when you are lonely remember it's true,
somebody, somewhere is thinking of you."...

;)



LOVE this one, MrFantasyMan!



Here's a few of my favorite quotes:


Adversity does teach who your real friends are ~ Lois McMaster Bujold

If you smoke after sex, you're doing it too fast ~ Woody Allen

Don't tell me what you're gonna do, show me what you've done ~ Dale Earnhardt, Sr.
 
Back
Top