Spoiled Little Princes

Stephen stepped in, being daring considering her father could still intervene, so he figured he had to remain civil.

"Princess, I think you will agree that it would be improper to show up with your own group of servants to where we'll be staying, they may take offense of it, even think it's a parade of wealth..." He bit his tongue succesfully avoiding coments as of the amount of clothes she was taking "...and we wouldn't want to give a possible enemy the idea of how powerful Azule, really is do we?"

In true he didn't really care about taking another carriage, even if he would prefer the princess to have no choice of entertainment other than himself, still it was another thing that would show her she wasn't going to get away with everything she wanted anymore. Still he would have to allow it if the king stepped in for her, and they both knew that.
 
The King smiled and Natalia glared. She kept opening her mouth, but Stephen kept talking until she felt that she might concede. She hated that. "I do not want them to think I'm parading my wealth or know how powerful I am. I also do not want to show up improper, but...!" Natalia gave a deep sigh and went to her bags. She stared at each one and finally cut the bags in half. They would be sleeping in the carriage and only stop for brief rests and to use the restroom. It was going to be horrid, but a necessary horridness.

"I am now ready and with less." Natalia turned to see her father smirking and she didn't like it. "What?" Her father shook his head. Natalia huffed and got in the carriage with the help of the driver leaving Stephen to catch up.

"Driver if that man isn't in the carriage in 30 seconds leave him." The driver looked back at Natalia nervously before looking at Stephen. As Stephen got in the carriage facing Natalia she took in a deep breath of air. The driver couldn't hear her and she had the shades pulled down from the only two windows, one of each side of the carriage, to block out the sun.

"Here are the rules my betrothed. 1. Do not speak to me unless spoken to. I remember your horrible words and will not forget them. 2. Do not touch me unless it is absolutely necessary. 3. You stay there and I'll stay here. 4. I reserve the right to add more as necessary if you are deemed unable to have common sense." Natalia tilted her head up slightly and got more comfortable as the carriage started to move on the long journey.
 
Stephen paid her description of her rules very close attention, she had quickly reverted back to the spoiled child he had met when he first arrived, he had a new respect for her mind, and he was certainly attracted to her beauty, but this didn't blind him to her need to be put in place.

So he plainly answered "I will speak to you when I feel the need, if what you have to answer to me are childish games don't worry I won't have much to say to you."

He stretched himself on the seat "I'll stay here because it's more comfortable, and I reserve the right to answer and disregard any of your other silly rules."

He closed his eyes "As far as not touching you, I can be patient... our wedding is soon Natalia"
 
Natalia raised her chin defiantly. "Childish games is not what this is about. You abused me in the garden and I'm do not expect that being alone for 3 days will make you act any differently. If we do not talk that is just as fine."

Natalia jerked forward a bit as the carriage moved. She quickly caught herself before landing on Stephen. She sat primly and properly before raising the shades a bit as she watched the scenery pass by ... and by ... and by. This was boring! She couldn't help her mind from thinking of his last words to her; about their wedding day.

The carriage hit a bump and she yelped before catching herself and glaring through the ceiling at the driver. She rolled her eyes and went back to the window more than bored. Could this trip get any freaking worse?
 
"You have no idea what abuse is, you are nothing more than a childish brat Natalia"

He wanted her to know, that while she was a princess he didn't see her as someone worth of respect, not with those attitudes at least, he secretly wondered if her atitude would change when negotiating with a potential enemy or if she would just try to get her way by acting... well like this.

As she nearly fell he laughed, even if had to brace himself, it had been fun to see her out of composture by something other than himself.

He stood up and took a seat besides her, breaking one of her silly rules.

"Want to take my hand?" he said breaking another two as he placed his hand touching hers. "It will help your balance"
 
Natalia huffed at his comment of her. Yes, she knew she was a brat, but childish. She'll show him childish if he keeps calling her names. She hated that he laughed at her and she had embarrassed herself. She felt her cheeks stinging with red and she stared at the window. She could feel him getting up to sit beside her and she refused to look his way. That was until he took her hand. She turned her head sharply and stared at him.

"You can't even follow simple rules and yet you wish to rule my Kingdom. Is it any wonder YOUR father rather hold on to his kingdom for a few more years than let you ruin it." She snatched her hand away scooted closer to the wall and stared out the window. She had thinking to do. She wanted to come across friendly, but firm with a touch of flirtatiousness to put the King at ease.

A light shined making Natalia sit up straighter. She pounded on the ceiling to get the driver to stop. "I have use of the treeline." She got out of the carriage and ran towards where she had seen the light. She turned back seeing if she was being followed before giving a 3 whistles. She heard an answering whistle and Jorge walked from behind a tree. As usual Natalia ran to him hugging him fiercely. "What news do you bring?"

"Tales of peace are little. It seems the King is bloodthirsty."

Natalia slumped a bit. She was afraid of that. She started to pace. "Hmm, well we must still try. Keep your ears open and I'll send word of my next plan. Make sure our men are ready to move." Natalia kept pacing as she thought of other countermeasures.
 
"Oh, I can follow simple rules "princess" I can also break them. The ones I keep are the ones I count or depend on, and they certainly aren't ones that are mere complicated ways to express a tamtrum"

Her need to use the treeline, as she had put it was a bit strange. She first seemed to have something call out to her attention, and only then she wanted to stop. Still Stephen couldn't follow her, it wasn't the brat trying to escape that was doing this, this was the Natalia he had some slight shade of respect for. So he would have to wait until she came back, which he was sure she would to see where to take things from there.

In the time she was out he returned to his original seat, and focused his eyes on the direction she had gone, taking caution that he wouldn't be seen by when she came back. Something strange was going on.
 
Natalia glanced back at Jorge and decided that was enough. She nodded, but he walked to her and wrapped her in his arms. She returned the hug and kissed his cheeks with questions in her eyes. "He'll do you good. I've heard things about him." Natalia rolled her eyes and turned around with Jorge making jokes in her wake. She returned to the carriage and damn that Jorge if he didn't know he had piqued her curiosity.

Natalia glanced at Stephen and sighed. "I guess I'll try not to be annoyed at your presence if you try not to make yourself annoying. Mayhaps dear sir we can get to know each other. I have no other siblings and my mother died when I was young. I love the color aqua. Not blue, not green, but a blue green aqua. Crumpets are my favorite food so divine, and if you ruin my kingdom I'll gut you in your sleep."

Natalia smiled and waited for him to speak on his family, his favorite color, and favorite food. Maybe they might just be able to get to know each other and learn more about each other. "Oh and I'm not a blushing virgin either. I've kissed a man before. With," this time she did blush. "Tongue." She wasn't sure what point she was trying to make, but she had already spoken the words.
 
"I'll admit I have had an urge to annoy you at times, mostly because you seemed to be looking for excuses to be annoyed at me so I thought I would make it easier... if we are going to be civil with each other I think we can make this work."

He decided to just be honest with her, she was trying... it was weird than her trip to the woods had been so inspirational, but he would deal with that later... maybe it was the brief moment alone that made her try.

"I have noticed that you are a smart woman, and I respect that. That being said my favourite color is silver" he smiled and just as she did he added "not grey, not faded black just silver, as for food I like a well seasoned deer... as far as ruining..." he paused briefly he didn't want to annoy her this time so he avoided saying "my", or "our" kingdom... still he couldn't bring himself to say "yours" so he simply said "Azule... I would much rather die than have that happen so i consider your arrangement satisfactory."

The bit of the blushing virgin surprised him greatly, and for a brief second he feared she wasn't a virgin at all. Then he smiled at her and pondered what to say.

"Well I'm not shy... but I supposed you have already guessed that much, may I inquire what you thought of your... "experience"?"
 
Natalia scoffed at his comment on her looking for excuses. She wasn't... not really....okay maybe. She stared at him trying to see if he was jesting when he called her smart. She didn't think he thought that highly of her and looked down blushing. It was nice that someone else could see inside her when they usually saw the tantrum brat. "Silver. Got it," she laughed. He made sure it was point and it was probably a sore point like with her. People usually got her green or blue thinking this was her favorite when that was not the case.

She did notice he didn't say her kingdom, but he didn't say his again either. That was at least a step in the right direction in her opinion. She would take that and not nick pick at it. She held her chin up as he thought on her words and she could only burst out with a small laughter at his next words. "No, you are not shy at all."

She sat back and thought of the whole ordeal. It wasn't great. The kiss was sloppy, wet, and groppy. She didn't like it and couldn't understand why the maids blushed and talked about kissing all the time. Since he was being honest Natalia decided to do so as well. "I didn't like it. It was so wet and gross. I do not like kissing. If all ..." She glanced around, but for what was the question. Mayhaps it was out of habit when discussing intimate details of the love life. "...bedroom activities are like that. I fear I would not like them one bit. You would have to take a mistress."
 
He smiled at her laugh, it was the first time he had seen a sincere laugh because of him since he first laid eyes on her, he decided he enjoyed her laughter. If things could be worked out between them it would be nice.

His eyes widened in shock at her suggestion of him to get a mistress, it was different when she had said such things in anger, now she seemed honest, like she really thought the "bedroom activities" would be displeasurable for her.

"I think you need to be kissed properly, we are just barely starting to talk without starting a fight, so it's not the right time, but I will kiss you sometime, and I'll show you it can be nice."

He decided, even if unsure, to press even harder "May I ask who was lucky enough to kiss you Natalia... I mean princess"
 
Natalia wanted to huff. She was kissed properly and it royally sucked. She did calm down a bit when he mentioned this was the first time they were being civil. It might have something to do with the fact she wasn't trying to drive him away. At this point it wasn't even worth it. She straightened her back and stared down at Stephen with all the royalty power she could muster.

"Prince Stephen you will not kiss me. I do not wish to be shown anymore of the male mating rituals." She was all set to get angry, but he asked a simple question and he even corrected himself. Well if he was going to be cordial about it she could be as well.

"It was a passing fancy with a Duke. I won't tell you which, but he was 20 years my senior and very experienced as he had children and his wife had just passed away. I thought to be wed and let the man lay lips on mine. He thrust his tongue into my mouth and his mouth surrounded mine. It was wet and sloppy and I do not like it sir." Natalia was confused on why Stephen didn't jump for joy that his soon to be wife was encouraging him to take another lover. Isn't that what happens anyways? Wouldn't he want another in his bed eventually?
 
He laughed softly "They are not male mating rituals, they are displays of affection. I won't add pressure as it would only add strain to our interactions but I will tell you that what you described isn't how a kiss is supposed to be. Affection is not displayed by shoving ones tongue into another's throat, nor by attempting to swallow your mouth and drooling all over it."

Stephen knew he should thread more carefully if he didn't want to annoy her, or make her think he thought of her as foolish when he only thought it was inexperience that caused such things.

"Please don't think I'm talking ill of you Princess, but I'm certain that the Duke wasn't truly apreciative of your kiss, and was simply seeking his enjoyment."

His face aproached hers slowly, his eyes looking deep into hers.

"If I were to kiss you, I would start slow, my lips barely touching yours, feeling how soft they are as I gradually increase the pressure to feel more of them, and only then as I feel them completely I would open my mouth and dare to taste you, extending my tongue slightly, to find the softness of yours and caress it."
 
Natalia blushed and looked down. She knew women enjoyed it too, but she couldn't fathom why or how. It was all so disgusting. Maybe she shouldn't have said male mating rituals, but that's all it was to her. She blinked at him when he said she was kissed wrong. The Duke had been married and with children. Surely, the man knew how to kiss. He had to have done it every day, right?

Natalia blinked. She was more curious and she realized how much of a brat she had been for him to be so honest and to think she would throw a tantrum. She smiled and shook her head no. Even as she began to get mad at the Duke for getting his own enjoyment and not thinking of the proper way to do it.

Natalia blinked as Stephen was suddenly very very close. She heard his words and her heart fluttered, causing her stomach to twist and turn. She closed her eyes and pressed her lips against his. She pulled back and frowned. "That was better. I guess it was fine. No worse than if I kissed my father's cheek. I have been kissed, sir and I thank you for it."

Natalia turned back to her thoughts. Between the two kisses she had experienced Stephen's was obviously the better of the two. She didn't feel any desire or heat though she did like how soft his lips were on hers. Maybe she just didn't like kissing. Maybe kissing just wasn't her thing.
 
He kissed her briefly, too briefly, and certainly not enough to make her experience the passion that could come from it. At least it was a step in the right direction.

"No need to thank me, it was a brief simple kiss, it's at least enough to show you that you deserve better than Duke Pha..." he bit his tongue "I'm sorry you didn't want to reveal his name"

"In any case as far as our kiss went, I'm glad you didn't find it disgusting."

He paused for a few seconds before deciding it was best if they kept talking.

"So, what is your plan for when we get there?"
 
Natalia gasped clasping her hands into her face as she blushed fiercely, before bursting forth with laughter. "Sir, you knew?" Of course he knew. She gave away enough information, but she just didn't like he would have known. She smiled and looked out the window still laughing and embarrassed about it all. Now that he knew exactly how OLD the man was it just seemed silly. A silly girl's infatuation with a station that was beneath her and with a charming old man. "No not disgusting at all... surprisingly." She didn't mean it as an insult. She truly was surprise a kiss could be nice.

"Well, I plan on meeting and chatting. I would like to get the frivolities out of the way and ask him bluntly what his plans are and let him know we are not to be stepped on. We support peace, but we are not above forcefully making sure we have peace." Natalia realized she hadn't exactly answered his question. "I mean I plan on going in for a late midday meal. We will talk about the frivolities. Afterwards, I would suggest a meeting in one of his meeting rooms. Than I will tell him to watch his back." Natalia's eyes shone brightly with the coming event.

"Did you have a plan?"
 
"Not exactly a plan, at least not in the same way yours goes, you have a good idea in regards of how to do the negotiation" he placed his hand over hers, this time it wasn't to steal a touch or to annoy her, it was to assure her that he thought she had done well, and he hoped she understood it that way.

"What worries me, is what I came here for, getting us... or actually you safely out of the kingdom once the negotiation is done. I fear the king might try something underhanded..."

He paused for a second, thinking,

"Maybe I worry too much, but it's better to be safe, so I will let you know when I come up with a escape plan that I hope won't be necessary."
 
Natalia smiled gently at Stephen. She gingerly moved her hand from under his and sat back holding herself. "I do not need a body guard sir. I can handle myself." Actually, she had no skills in weaponry, but she didn't like this man thinking he could control her. No one controlled her. "I know he will try something underhanded. I just have to wait for what it is and beat him to the punch. I am not afraid."

Natalia tilted up her chin in defiance. "If it's an escape plan for the both of us than think away. I will not stop you from doing that. I shall think of one too. Are you any good with weaponry and what kind?"
 
"I'm not offering myself as a bodyguard, I'm just saying that if you focus your thoughts on the negotiation, I will focus on us getting back safely."

He looked into her eyes, to show her that he wasn't backing down.

"I know you are not afraid... as far as me I'm trained in the used of several different weapons, yet if capture was attempted inside the castle, not even the greatest swordsman could prevent us getting caught. What I mean with an escape plan requires the use of subterfuge, not brute force... some could be needed but I would much rather keep that to a minimum."

He paused briefly before asking "are you familiar with any sort of weapon? Other than that sharp tongue of yours that is..." he realize she could be easily be offended by that so he added "it's not an insult... it might even be a compliment, I just mean that you easily speak your mind without holding back."
 
"Oh." Natalia blushed in embarrassment. "I apologize. I didn't realize ... Yes, that could work. I'll focus on the politics and you'll focus on the strategy." Natalia nodded thinking about it. She didn't know weaponry, but she knew and could usually read people. Often she didn't care or try to only when she knew it would be to her advantage. Except for Stephen. He was an enigma to her and she wasn't sure why. She hadn't thought about that until now.

She blinked and was ready to tell him what he could do with a pointy object and his behind, but he spoke before she could. She thought on his words for a bit before she nodded her approval. "I'll take it as a compliment. No, I do not know any weaponry though when I'm unescorted, no offense to yourself, I usually take a small blade and have it hidden on my person. I know to push the pointy end at them and not at myself." She laughed at her own little joke.

She turned to the window and glanced back at Stephen tucking a piece of hair behind her ear. "Thank you. Not many would appreciate a woman who speaks her mind. I would like to ask that when we get there that we act like we are good friends and not enemies. I do not want the King to suspect we have a weakness. I want a strong font. I'll support you if you'll support me."
 
"I don't appreciate most people speaking their mind, but that is because most people don't have anything important to say, you have proven to me that sometimes... at least when you are not focused on attacking me interesting things come out, that one would be a fool to simply disregard."

He paused briefly thinking "Yes, we should be united, I will let you speak as I said, and I will do my best to not antagonize what you say unless it's strictly necessary, I only expect the same from you... also and out of strict curiosity... could I see your blade? I'm sure that you took it with you the moment you heard you were travelling alone with me."
 
Natalia wasn't sure if he was giving her a complete compliment so she just smiled. It was true she had been attacking him. She didn't want this marriage and certainly didn't want it thrust upon her. She wanted to smile at the 'not attacking me interesting things come out' bit, but she instead managed to keep her face neutral. He was quite astute. How interesting.

"I'm glad you agree. Oh, of course." Natalia blushed slightly as she raised her gown higher and higher. Her blush deepened when she realized she had to raise it even higher to get to the blade that was strapped to her thigh. She slowly unsheath the thing careful not to rip her dress. She handed the blade, handle first, to him.

"The handle is made from ivory and the blade was supposed to be the best steel. If you look at the handle there is a small design of some sort that looked like a green vine and if you look even closer at the blade that design carries onto the blade. The knife isn't very large just big enough for my hand and I'm sure it feels tiny in your palms, but notice how it's not that heavy at all. Just enough weight to remind you it's there." It was a blade that Natalia had designed and she wanted his opinion before she said who the creator (or well the thought creator) was.
 
He was glad she agreed to show him the blade, it meant that at least she didn't expect him to attack her. He stared as Natalia raised her gown, he hadn't expected to see that much of her yet, and he had been wondering if a blad would be needed for that.

He took the blade, it was very light, and uncomfortable in his hand.

"The lack of weight is probably good, it means only you can wield it comfortably, and I wouldn't have guessed where it was"

He cut his finger with the tip on purpose making it bleed "It's also very sharp that's good, you want to do the most damage fast and then retreat." He sucked on his finger and he looked at her legs again.

"I just wonder, if it's needed, how quickly can you retrieve it?"
 
Natalia nodded. "I had it costumed so that no one would try to steal it. It's beautiful, but to accurately wield it it has to be comfortable and it's only in my palms that it is, yes?"

Natalia watched him cut his finger and she gasped in surprise. "What are you-?" She blinked and nodded his head at his words. "Uh, yes. I don't use it too much, but I know to oil and sharpen it if it ever does."

She blushed as she caught where his eyes traveled. "Well I figured if I truly needed it I'll be standing which would be easier to get to the blade than sitting in these confines. Or I'll be on my back which would also be easier and a surprise to use. Other than that I have no where else to hide it."

Natalia smiled like a conspirator. "What about you? Any hidden weapons?"
 
He nodded in approval at her logic on how to retrieve the blade, and also smiled at her blushing.

"Not exactly hidden, maybe hidden in plain sight."

He reached down and palmed his baldric down to the decorative blade that was golden and studded.

"As you know, this kind of weapons are just for decoration and useless in battle... I decided that if I was going to carry a weapon it might as well be useful for something."

He took it out, it was thinner than the scabbard it was in, but just as long as a regular sword, and handed it to her.

"I never travel without it. Careful it's as sharp as yours."

"As far as other weapons... I'll tell you if you guess"
 
Back
Top