Those unbidden gems

Mastered_again

Another Wordy Bitch
Joined
Feb 9, 2022
Posts
655
When I'm in the midst of writing on one part of a story, without warning, a sentence or phrase comes to mind about something much earlier in the tale. And then it's like, "Oh yeah, that's a much better way to say that."

Anyone else have unbidden edits intrude in a positive way.

It's rare, more often than not, it's, "if I write this, I'll have to back and fix the contradiction."
 
When I'm in the midst of writing on one part of a story, without warning, a sentence or phrase comes to mind about something much earlier in the tale. And then it's like, "Oh yeah, that's a much better way to say that."

Anyone else have unbidden edits intrude in a positive way.

It's rare, more often than not, it's, "if I write this, I'll have to back and fix the contradiction."

I experienced that quite frequently. Sometimes the orphaned phrase fits into what I'm currently writing and I use it, other times it does not. If it does not fit into what I am currently writing, I write the phrase on a Post-It note and I put it in a paper bag with all my other orphaned phrases waiting to be used for the next piece I am writing. 📝
 
I live for these moments.

Yeah, they're a lot of work but it's worth it. I just accept that they'll happen and built my process around it.
 
Back
Top