LydsStories
Virgin
- Joined
- Aug 6, 2026
- Posts
- 13
Greetings, I've been writing for many years, and I've completed my first full story that I feel is worthy of posting. It is a darker themed, NonCon type story, that really more progresses into a psychological / crime thriller. That being said, there are some hardcore scenes within, but I hope as it progresses, the true narrative and depth will reveal themselves.
Length - Approximately 140 pages.
Format - 9 Chapters (the final chapter is by far the longest).
Desired Editing - Story plot, story progression and pacing, character development, major grammatical errors, and those occasional typos that might have gotten skimmed over, even after several revisions. General, subtle polishing if needed.
Did the cliffhangers leave you hanging per chapter, and did the reveals surprise you or seem cliche?
Also, if in a chapter something really stood out, how they made you feel as the reader.
Not needed with VE - Erotic scenes. Any sort of major rework. Unless there is something that jumps out or somehow a scene lacked spatial realism, I don't plan to rework anything.
Lastly, just an overall impression on quality. I don't expect someone to tell me it's a Tolkein level masterpiece, but if ultimately it missed completely, please give me more than "it sucked".
I'm hoping someone reads it, and finds that even if there are flaws, they enjoyed the journey well past the erotica stuff in it.
Actually last, there are two characters I've considered doing spin off with that wouldn't really be any type of Erotica, if you realize who they are and feel the same about them, let me know. Likewise with the Easter eggs I toss about that bring some things full circle.
*Edit - I hadn't thought about word count, so after seeing Duil2's response, I came back to add this to help gauge interest.
Pages - 137
Words - 77,351
Characters - 424,814
Length - Approximately 140 pages.
Format - 9 Chapters (the final chapter is by far the longest).
Desired Editing - Story plot, story progression and pacing, character development, major grammatical errors, and those occasional typos that might have gotten skimmed over, even after several revisions. General, subtle polishing if needed.
Did the cliffhangers leave you hanging per chapter, and did the reveals surprise you or seem cliche?
Also, if in a chapter something really stood out, how they made you feel as the reader.
Not needed with VE - Erotic scenes. Any sort of major rework. Unless there is something that jumps out or somehow a scene lacked spatial realism, I don't plan to rework anything.
Lastly, just an overall impression on quality. I don't expect someone to tell me it's a Tolkein level masterpiece, but if ultimately it missed completely, please give me more than "it sucked".
I'm hoping someone reads it, and finds that even if there are flaws, they enjoyed the journey well past the erotica stuff in it.
Actually last, there are two characters I've considered doing spin off with that wouldn't really be any type of Erotica, if you realize who they are and feel the same about them, let me know. Likewise with the Easter eggs I toss about that bring some things full circle.
*Edit - I hadn't thought about word count, so after seeing Duil2's response, I came back to add this to help gauge interest.
Pages - 137
Words - 77,351
Characters - 424,814
Last edited: