Vienna (closed for BrazenFellow)

Orithyia

Literotica Guru
Joined
Feb 9, 2011
Posts
624
Vienna

"Anna."

A voice fractured my dreams and I tried without success to capture the quickly fading image of the man from my dreamworld. In this tale we were dancing along the riverside, the face of the full moon our only spectator. He kissed my hand and led me to a garden of untold beauty. Where birds sung like angles and the flowers bloomed in colors and scents that this world didn’t hold.

“Anna, wake up. You’re Mother awaits you. You are to go shopping with her for a new dress.” Eliza’s voice was tired and I didn’t even try to fake knowing the reason why.

“Time?” I mumbled sitting up from the blanket stretched out on the lawn under the tree.

“Late.” Was the hurried response I got as I was pulled to my feet. “You look presentable, if only barely.” Eliza clicked her tongue with disapproval. I had been sent out here to draw and calm myself from the news that was broken to me earlier this day, not to sleep under the shade of my favorite tree. Hands with the strength of a man spun me in my place in a final inspection. “Come. We mustn’t keep her waiting any longer.”

“Annaliese Phyllis Sýkora!” Mother’s shrill voice carried over the rolling lawn and to my ear with the magic of not silencing in the lease.

Eliza who was already half the way to Mother turned her head only in the slightest and had me lifting my dress layers so hurry across the green grass.

“Ladies don’t run.” Mother informed me when I arrived at her side.

“Only because the corset leaves little room for breathe already.”

“Elizabeth.” Mother sighed waving her hand at me not finding my joke at all funny. “I would have thought that as Annaliese’s governess turned companion you would have already taught her the lesson of speaking only when one has something beneficial to add to the silence.” Mother spared me one final look before leaving me with a vexed faced Eliza.

“She’s in a right mood,” I started only to have Eliza silence me with her words.

“And she had reason to. Your actions this morning was shameful.”

Eliza was mad at me and that feeling was the worse. I would have rather felt pain then be in shame of her and my family.

“Good.” Eliza nodded seeing the sprite leave me. “Let’s make way; the day will be a long one.” With a half felt smile, Eliza tucked a stray hair back up in its proper place.

I went out of my way that day to be the picture of my Mother’s version of perfection. I spoke little, kept my posture rigid, ate with small bites and agreed with everything my Mother questioned about. While in truth the only thing I did agree upon was the gown.

“Your thoughts?” It wasn’t often that Mother asked for my thoughts on any given matter save my schooling.

“I don’t know what to say.” I was speechless. “It is exquisite.” The fabric was silk and the embroidery was without compare. “Do we have the means for a dress of this quality?” I whispered.

Mother’s chin jutted up in the air. “Would I dress you in less the night you were to meet your future family?”

That explained it. This wasn’t about me having the honor of being in the debutante show; this was about meeting my promise’s family. I looked at the dress again, even with the knowledge that we would buy this for show; it was still the most beautiful dress I have ever seen.

The rest of the day passed in a flurry of sounds and colors. My mind was elsewhere and it didn’t seem to want to focus on anything until I was stepping out of the carriage in my white debutante dress. “Eliza?” My brows furrowed into lines of confusion. The day as stolen from me and now that I was awake to it I felt lost and unsure.

Always there for me Eliza took my hand, holding it and providing me with strength. “Are you ready for this night?”

I shook my head no and Eliza’s wind chime laughter stilled the chaotic racket in my head. “You will be fine. After the show we’ll meet in the back to change and then your Mother will make a fine show of her own showing you off.” It was as funny as Eliza got and the fact that she was trying made things better.

“Annliese.” Mother was already heading up the stairs anxious to start the night.

“Miss Sýkora, if you’ll follow me.” A gentleman in tales offered me his arm and I knew face, he was Nikolaievitch Hein, the host for tonight’s ball.

I nodded not sure if I response was needed and looked back to find that my Mother was already inside making way towards my Father who had arrived before us.

Again it seemed as if I was just swept away by the moment. Informal introductions were made once all the debutantes had arrived, then another when the gentlemen joined us. When that was done with Mister Hein bid us a happy night and left us under the control of his brother.

When the opening show was done with I made my way to Eliza to change. I wasn’t at all thrilled with what came next and made sure to take I time. I smiled at everyone, greeting them as if I were a person of note, instead of a child delaying what came next.

“Hello.” “Good evening.” “Your gown Mrs. Zeller is a masterpiece.” “Yes I saw the court yard, how do you think they keep all those candle lit without a single one blown out?” “Is the punch divine? I will have to make sure to try some.” A handful of minutes had already passed and I had only made it two-thirds of the length of the room. As much as I wanted to wear that gown the price that it came with was worth waiting for. So I continued to fill my walk with more small talks and greetings.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top