Visiting Spain

Dynosius

Really Really Experienced
Joined
Sep 3, 2006
Posts
449
(Closed for Katamari Roller and myself)

80's rock music filled my ears on take-off and heavy metal was the next thing I heard when the air plane landed. I'm normally not a big sleeper, but having stayed awake all through last night was the reason I slept on the flight over to Spain. Ah, yes... Spain, the land where so many of my friends and peers had already gone to before me, drinking booze and partying all night long to celebrate another summer holiday coming and going. In a summer break of nearly seven or eight weeks they'd spend two weeks nothing else than enjoying themselves and emptying their wallets for little more than cheap thrills. Of course, the memory would stay, as far as most could remember anything after a night of heavy drinking.

Me, I had a different reason to go to Spain. I can't quite remember how we met years ago. I guess she and I had a common interest in role plays and so our relationship developed. First, mere friends, now she was my dearest. Even after I had taken a break from role playing altogether we kept in touch. And now, she had visited me first here in the Netherlands I was going to return the favour and take a flight over to Spain.

The flight itself had been most comfortable and like I said, I slept through most of it. The pilot notified us being ten minutes out of landing and I took the time to recharge my batteries. Stretching I felt my legs and feet, aching from sitting in a seat which was actually a bit too small for my length. I stared out the window to watch the landscape below. We would land soon enough, although soon wasn't soon enough to see my dearest...
 
I was sitting calmly in the terminal, just waiting as I read a book. Right in front of me, there were the sliding, glass doors that would open when the passengers from the flights had picked up their luggage and headed for the exit. To say I was happy that my love was coming to meet me for the summer was an understatement. Anything else going on in my life, no matter how sweet or how sour, was simply covered under his image. I also felt a little nervous, because although I think Spain is a nice country, it had many, many shameful things (at least in my opinion).

But... I was calm. I just sat there, my eyes darting from word to word on one of Antony Beevor´s historical accounts of World War II. I looked forward to Robert´s visit, but I was fully aware that he would not be coming one second sooner than he was going to, and getting fussy, throwing tantrums and bothering people around me was not going to make the wait any shorter or more bearable.

And yet, my eyes kept darting up to the doors, because I was also nervous about my look´s change. My normally blonde hair was only a dye. I didn´t even understand why I dyed my hair, I just did it in a whim now and then. Now, it had its original colour: a very, very dark brown, almost black. Not only that, I also cut my hair short. The summer in southern Spain was, to me, the closest I would ever be to one of those hellish jungles from the Far East: humid and hot, robbing one of not only the water in the body, but the very breath of the lungs. Having long hair was a nuisance if one had that in mind.

And yet, I was wearing a black dress. Thin, yes, with two straps going over my shoulders. The dress did not cling to my figure too much, but my nicely shaped hips and bountiful breasts were unmistakable, and a nice sight for quite a few of those waiting in the terminal right now. It was easy to tell who had been staring at them: I only had to look around and make a note of who seemed to never even glance at me.

Finally, I heard the automatic announcements system speak of the arrival from the Netherlands. I closed my book, crossed my legs, and placed the book on top, facing the doors. Tensing up like a rabbit standing over its den, I smiled expectantly as I watched carefully, discarding faces quickly as they moved off, none of them Robert´s... for now.
 
It took me a while before I could get off the plane. Most, if not all seats were taken and everyone else had to exit the plane just as much as I did. I saw businessmen grab their briefcases, teenagers take their backpacks and of course, people like myself, who simply had a different reason to visit Spain. I doubt that many of them had such a beautiful girl waiting as I had. Paula had changed, I knew that. But how much she had changed I didn't know exactly. To see it with my own eyes was far better than anything else. Well, in about five to ten minutes I would get the chance to finally see her again. I felt a little anxious to be honest, would she still recognize me? I hadn't changed as much I guess, I only got a bit older and more mature so to speak.

In any case I exited the plane with relative ease, even though my left foot had been numb and was now recovering from sitting in a plane for over three hours. Of course, a flight over to Spain beats taking the car, which I would gladly have done, but would be insanely expensive seeing the current gas cost. Taking in all accounts and costs a flight to Spain was cheaper and much easier on my part. I was pulled out of my thoughts by the sudden rush of heat. It was hot here. Now, I'm fairly used to heat and cold, I can even honestly say that quite often it doesn't get to much as much as the next person. But here, in Spain, it wasn't just hot, it also a bit humid. Still dressed for the weather back in the Netherlands, which was more like a spring day than anything else, I felt my t-shirt underneath my blouse cling to my skin and the jeans I was wearing weren't any better. I had to get out of this heat and fast, else I would be sweating like crazy.

Following the main stream of passenger in through the terminal I was glad to feel that it was at least a bit cooler here than outside. Now just to find my dearest, that beautiful Spanish girl in among a crowd of people.
 
I was watching carefully every face that came through the doors. Just as much as I knew I had changed, and told Rob so, I knew he might have changed as well. Perhaps grown taller, maybe a little more facial hair, more or less muscle... it had been a long time since we´d met each other in the Netherlands.

But as soon as I saw him, I knew it was him, and my body moved before I could even mentally think out `that´s him´. I dodged a couple of people dragging their luggage along, and stopped right in front of him, my happy smile unmistakable to him. But, having done that, I didn´t quite know how to go on. I wasn´t sure if he´d like the new me, or if he had had a bad flight and maybe preferred to stretch a little rather than have me suffocate him with hugs and kisses. I flustered, and bowed my head a little, staring shyly at him...
 
My luggage wasn't much, as per usual. I only carried a green military-style duffel bag for my clothes and larger possessions and a back pack for the smaller stuff. Some books, pen and paper (don't ask me why, I always have those two with me in some way or another), toothbrush and the like, just some small stuff. I slung the duffel back around one shoulder and held the back pack in my other hand, letting the straps drag over the floor. Keeping my pace I scanned across the crowd, already disliking the amount of people around me. I'm not that good in crowds and usually don't feel all together very pleasant among them.

My eyes had to adjust to the change in lighting, coming from outside where the sun shined brilliantly and into the terminal building where there was more shade from the sun. I rubbed my eyes for a moment, being careful not to wipe my lenses out of them.

When I looked up I saw a girl before me, smiling nearly from ear to ear. It took me a moment to register her and realise who she was. She coloured from her blush, her head turned away just a bit. Even though she had changed, I recognized her instantly. Her hair, once long locks of blond was now short and a deep brown, but that figure of hers... I dropped my bags, causing a momentary stumble of people behind me trying to avoid us. Not caring very much, I extended my arms for her and took her in a deep hug, smiling back at her.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top