Wanting to Make Up PM Interest first

bigwriterchick

Literotica Guru
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Posts
623
CLOSED Premise: At 13, rich, spoiled Lindy Cartey fell in love with her quiet, kind best friend, Mikael. He promptly turned her down. She swore to never forgive him. Shortly after she moved away, as he saw her car driving away he rushed into the street and was hit by a car. He was rushed to the hospital and recovered, but his body and face were horribly scarred. Several years later, she returns to her hometown. Her parents are dead and left her a huge inheritance that she can't touch until she's 21. For now, she lives in a tiny broken down apartment and works a full time, minimum wage job. She's learned her lesson, she doesn't want to take anyone for granted. Here, she'll reunite with Mikael. Will he want anything to do with her? How have the years changed him?


Lindy, 19, 5'4", 140 lbs, long dark blonde hair, deep green eyes.




Lindy sighed, rubbing her cheeks. Christ, she hated working at that grocery store. Been back month and she can still here the whispering. She can't really blame them. She didn't expect to be back here at 19, working at Green's either. She was lucky she even had that job. Don Green, had felt sorry for her, since her parents were dead. She pulled her hair up into a tight ponytail, slipping the apron over her head. Time for that big fake retail smile.

Sometimes, most of the time, Mikael crept back into her thoughts. She hadn't heard from him at all, despite sending him letters and packages every month. Some were returned, she never knew what happened to the rest. She was afraid to ask anyone where he was. She wanted to see him. She wanted to be friends again...


(Looking for someone to play Mikael. I'd like for this not to turn into some brutal revenge thread. So, no violence, or rape or any of that. Send an intro.)
 
Last edited:
Mikael Van Huizen 5’11 175 lbs, light brown hair and brown eyes.

Mikael grew up privileged. His dad was a doctor and his mother came from a wealthy doctor family. Mikael had two grandfathers and his own father pressuring him to become a doctor before he even finished the 7th grade.

He had a best friend, Belinda Cartey or Lindy, that he could talk to about most things and enjoyed doing stuff with her. Being financially privileged has its issues when you go around with kids from other social classes. It wasn't easy to connect with someone much less understand your issues.

One day Lindy wanted more from their friendship. It wasn’t a good day for Miikael to begin with in the sense of all the pressure he was feeling from everyone in his family. He told her it wouldn’t be a good idea to become girlfriend/boyfriend. He realized his fault when he heard from his parents she and her parents were moving away. He ran out the door and saw her in the car and ran into the street only to be hit by a car and severely injured. Even with surgeries and therapy there were scars on his face from the pavement and his body. He took so long just to walk and even use his arms and hands normally.

Mikael reluctantly continued with his studies but as soon as he was 18, he moved out of his parent’s house. He got an apartment that was a short commute to college. Yes, he was taking pre-med classes but his passion was not there. He did it mainly so his parents and grandparents wouldn’t cut him off. Life in general was very dark for him as he looked at the scars everyday. He wondered about what might have been with Lindy. How could life suck so much. He remembered being happy despite everyone telling he had to go to John Hopkins to become a doctor. Always asked what he would specialize in. Well, how about therapy? Now leave me the hell alone and I will try to not embarrass this great family is how he wanted to respond every day for the last 5 or so years. Even fighting for his life then fighting for rehab…it was the common theme. Fuck will I ever be happy again? Bitterness was all but consuming him.

He got a call from his mother. Lindy was back and her parents died tragically. She was sadly making ends meet by working at Green’s grocery store. Not much else was known. He took a taxi as he didn’t drive especially in the city. He walked into the grocery store.

He had no idea what he was going to say to her. He was wearing a sweatshirt and ball cap with sunglasses. It sort of hid his facial scar much less the scars on his arms and major on his chest and belly. He looked at her running the register and stared for a moment but then turned back around and walked back outside. What could he say after 6 years and both of their lives having so much crap go down.
 
Lindy raised an eyebrow, watching someone walk into the store and right back out. Her mind wanted to ponder, but she had customers to deal with. Her eyes kept flicking to the doors. She didn't know why. But it was more interesting to wonder about that mystery person, than to deal with whiny customers.

"No ma'am, I can't. This receipt is from last year. I can't give you your money back." She said in the monotone she had adopted early on. Red faced the woman asked to speak to the manager. "Yes ma'am, right away." She stepped away, hearing the murmur of the other customers. "Mr. Daniels, there's a woman at the register that wants to speak to you." She said, wondering if she could take her break now. That was the best part of her day. Being away from the customers for 15 blissful minutes. But with that scowl on his face, she figured she better wait.

While he was talking to the woman her eyes stayed trained on the doors. Stop Lindy, whoever that was, probably forgot something and went back home.
 
Mikael took a long deep breath. He looked at the sky then buildings around before he focused on the streets and some trees here and there. He put his head down and went back inside. He had no idea what to say.

He grabbed a jar of juice and got into line. When it was his turn he looked up and recognized her as his Lindy. She was older and more beautiful but unmistakable her eyes and that gorgeous face.

He cleared his throat. He put his juice on the counter. He waited for her to ring it up before speaking or looking up or making eye contact.
“Lindy…I mean are you Lindy Cartey? I had a friend growing up.” He said looking at her. He paid cash for the juice.

“I wanted to say I am sorry to hear about your parents.” He said and started to walk away toward the door with determination. He wasn’t a big fan of crowds or the public.
 
She caught him out of the corner of her eye. She followed him through the store. She has partially in a trace, waiting for it to be his turn. He seemed nervous, he wouldn't even look at her at first. When he did she blinked, she could see some of the scars marring his face.

“Lindy…I mean are you Lindy Cartey? I had a friend growing up.” He said looking at her. He paid cash for the juice.

She smiled and nodded, she almost never answered to Lindy anymore. She took his money, and looked back at him, expectantly.

“I wanted to say I am sorry to hear about your parents.” He said and started to walk away toward the door with determination. He wasn’t a big fan of crowds or the public.

His words were rushed and he started to walk away before she could even respond.

"Hold on." She grabbed his sleeve. She wasn't sure who it was, but he was the only one near her age that wasn't sneering at her. "Thank you." She said softly, looking for her boss. "Do you want to hang out? I'll be off in a few hours?" She blushed, she was being presumptuous. "I mean if you don't have anything better to do."
 
"Hold on." She grabbed his sleeve. She wasn't sure who it was, but he was the only one near her age that wasn't sneering at her. "Thank you." She said softly, looking for her boss. "Do you want to hang out? I'll be off in a few hours?" She blushed, she was being presumptuous. "I mean if you don't have anything better to do."

He stopped and looked at her.
“I don’t go out much. I will however go across the street to the pizza joint. If you don’t see me right away just tell the hostess you are looking for Mikael.” He said and with that walked out the door and opened then drank his juice. He headed toward the pizza joint. He was still unsure what to say to her after all these years.
 
“I don’t go out much. I will however go across the street to the pizza joint. If you don’t see me right away just tell the hostess you are looking for Mikael.” He said and with that walked out the door and opened then drank his juice. He headed toward the pizza joint. He was still unsure what to say to her after all these years.

She stared. Mikael? That couldn't be her Mikael. She shook her head and smiled, he probably wasn't even living here anymore. Probably off somewhere doing stuff med students do. She went back to her register, spending the hours thinking about Mikael. Maybe they could be friends. Seemed like they both might need one. When she was done, she slipped the apron off, leaving it in a box. She wished she could go home and change, but didn't want to keep him waiting.

Not wanting to draw attention to herself, she just asked a waitress where Mikael was. She was annoyed by the dirty look the girl gave her. I didn't even do anything. Whatever. She approached the booth in the corner, a nervous smile on her face. "Mikael? Sorry, you were waiting." Her voice was soft, a little shy. Over the past six years she had learned more than she cared to about rich people. She was ashamed of the way she had acted while she lived here. It's what made her swallow the comments. She deserved them. "Can I sit?"
 
"Mikael? Sorry, you were waiting." Her voice was soft, a little shy. "Can I sit?"

“No trouble waiting. Of course take a seat Lindy. I am not a very public person nowadays except for my classes at the local university.” He states and pauses looks down then into her eyes.

“I have a feeling we have some to talk about. I walk with enough demons everyday to not continue with ones of my past that I can shed.” He states as a matter of a fact.
 
“I have a feeling we have some to talk about. I walk with enough demons everyday to not continue with ones of my past that I can shed.” He states as a matter of a fact.

She blushes, looking confused. What is he talking about? There was a rock forming in the pit of her stomach. Who would say something like that without knowing her? No one. Probably. She looked at him, took in the scars she could see. This had to be him. Who else would bother with her?

"Mikael?" She whispered. "What happened? Did you get the packages I sent? After my parents died I couldn't afford to send so many, but i tried." She stopped and took a breath. "What happened?" She asked again.
 
"Mikael?" She whispered. "What happened? Did you get the packages I sent? After my parents died I couldn't afford to send so many, but i tried." She stopped and took a breath. "What happened?" She asked again.

“I never heard from you or anything that day you left. I..I got hit by a car. I had a lot of painful surgeries much less went through a lot with rehab.” He said and paused.

“I never received any packages or anything. I wouldn’t be surprised if my parents held them back. They were pretty angry when I had the accident. Worried how my future would look on them. It I all about image with people like that. I moved out when I turned 18 and got an apartment Elm street just a few blocks from the university.” He adds. He puts his head down to muster the courage to talk more.

He looks up and with power.
“Blame? My parents talk about it and how their precious image is tarnished or maybe with a freak for a son. My grandparents come over and add to the pity party. The only blame is mine. I stepped in front of that car. I made a poor decision about our friendship just before that. You were the best friend I had in the world and I didn’t appreciate that.” He said and looked away a tear down his right cheek.
 
“Blame? My parents talk about it and how their precious image is tarnished or maybe with a freak for a son. My grandparents come over and add to the pity party. The only blame is mine. I stepped in front of that car. I made a poor decision about our friendship just before that. You were the best friend I had in the world and I didn’t appreciate that.” He said and looked away a tear down his right cheek.

She shivers, hearing the pain and anger in his voice. She reached out to touch him, but her hand stopped halfway. "Mikael...what happened with us, isn't your fault. I knew how much pressure they were putting on you and all I did was ask for something else." She laid her hand over his. "You were my only friend here. I was a little bitch." She paused, her eyes catching at least two people trying to listen in to the conversation. "Come back to my apartment and we can really talk. It's only a couple blocks from here."
 
"Mikael...what happened with us, isn't your fault. I knew how much pressure they were putting on you and all I did was ask for something else." She laid her hand over his. "You were my only friend here. I was a little bitch." She paused,

“Yea well a person makes decisions they have to live with. I just wanted you to know I was sorry for 6 years ago and for your parents. I wish everything could be different.” He states somberly.

"Come back to my apartment and we can really talk. It's only a couple blocks from here." She asks.

“I am not sure what more to say Lindy…although I will because I am not fond of nosey assholes that can’t mind their own business.” He states and puts down a couple of bucks on the table for a soda and tip.

“I will warn you Lindy…I am not the 13 year old boy you remember. I have been alone for a long time and that is my comfort zone anymore.” He says walking with her.
 
“I will warn you Lindy…I am not the 13 year old boy you remember. I have been alone for a long time and that is my comfort zone anymore.” He says walking with her.

She peeked at him. "You're not the only one that's changed Mikael. I think we could be friends. If you want to. It seems like we could both use one." She said softly, wanting to reach out and touch him. She was really starting to hate that hood. She wanted to see his face. She didn't care what it looked like. She knew she'd find a piece of her Mikael in there.

She walked him up to her little apartment, turning back to warn him. "It's not very nice. Or big. But it was what I could afford." She let him step inside before closing the door. "I was lucky Mr. Green felt bad for me. He's the one that gave me the furniture." She gestured to an old, ratty couch and a couple of thread bare chairs. "They're clean at least."
 
She peeked at him. "You're not the only one that's changed Mikael. I think we could be friends. If you want to. It seems like we could both use one." She said softly,

“I appreciate Lindy but I am not much of friend material anymore.” He says in reply but not rude just depressing.

"It's not very nice. Or big. But it was what I could afford." She let him step inside before closing the door. "I was lucky Mr. Green felt bad for me. He's the one that gave me the furniture." She gestured to an old, ratty couch and a couple of thread bare chairs. "They're clean at least."

He chuckled.
“You live here out of necessity and apologize. I live in a apartment not much different by choice and make no apologies particularly to my parents that don’t like to visit my humble abode.” He says.

“Lindy…you probably could use some humbleness but you always had a great spirit. I would like to think I deserved such of a friend as you once. My only desire is to finish medical school and make a difference with someone rehabbing an injury…maybe like mine or worse.” He adds.
 
“Lindy…you probably could use some humbleness but you always had a great spirit. I would like to think I deserved such of a friend as you once. My only desire is to finish medical school and make a difference with someone rehabbing an injury…maybe like mine or worse.” He adds.

Her jaw twitched. This wasn't Mikael. She could feel her old self try to bubble to the surface. No. She wouldn't get angry. She wouldn't throw a fit. Instead, she pulled the hood off his head and hugged him. She didn't want to be that little brat again, but he needed her. He would just push everyone away. He did that knew they were little too. Not to this extreme, though. She pulled away just enough to lean her forehead against his.

"Let's be friends." She said gently, wondering how long she could keep the old Lindy bottled up.
 
She pulled the hood off his head and hugged him. Then lean her forehead against his.
"Let's be friends." She said gently,

He was stiff at first.
“I don’t deserve your friendship Lindy. You have always had a bright spirit and been a great girl. You are even more of a wonderful person then even before.” He states and pulls away slightly.

“I am sure the extra humbleness has added to your maturity and you are…great. I am in a dark place Lindy. You don’t deserve to be brought down. My body tells me everyday I am alive but I do not know what a purpose other than to repay the doctors and nurses that helped me with helping just one person. Otherwise…my will is in question for a purpose to get out of bed.” He steps back and paces.

“I should have appreciated our friendship more once upon a time. Now a lifetime later…I have baggage. I despise my parents and grandparents for viewing me as a freak and tarnished now. They are not even happy with me continuing to be a doctor…I am not going to be a cardiologist or brain surgeon but just a rehabilitation doctor, not a specialist apparently. Last holiday and some before that…I sat in my apartment and ate a can of chili. What is truly sad is that I enjoyed that more than most holidays prior even before my accident.” He adds.

“So…for your sake…I won’t hold you to the invitation of being friends.” He says softly with a tear running down his right cheek.
 
“So…for your sake…I won’t hold you to the invitation of being friends.” He says softly with a tear running down his right cheek.

Her eye twitched. Ok. This clearly didn't require a soft touch. She stepped in front of him, gripping his shoulders. "I swear to God, Mikael, we're going to be friends and you're going to stop this pity party bullshit. As I remember your family always sucked. They always put too much pressure on you, they always messed with you. Fine. I like that you want to be a rehab doctor." She smiled evilly. "It must be making them crazy. Now I remember why your family always hated me. You needed to get away from them, you need someone to push you into doing things for yourself." She pulled him into another hug and kissed his cheek.

"If you don't give in I'll just have to stalk you." She pulled away with a smile. "Don't make me stalk you Mikael."
 
She stepped in front of him, gripping his shoulders. "I swear to God, Mikael, we're going to be friends and you're going to stop this pity party bullshit. As I remember your family always sucked. They always put too much pressure on you, they always messed with you. Fine. I like that you want to be a rehab doctor." She smiled evilly. "It must be making them crazy. Now I remember why your family always hated me. You needed to get away from them, you need someone to push you into doing things for yourself." She pulled him into another hug and kissed his cheek.

Mikael was stiff and frozen listening to her and then being hugged and she kissed his cheek. He only eyeballed her.

"If you don't give in I'll just have to stalk you." She pulled away with a smile. "Don't make me stalk you Mikael."

“All I can do is try Lindy. You don’t come out of a dark place just like that. I have been alone and grown used to being alone.” He responded.

He finally was able to get smirk if not a full smile.
“They weren’t too fond of you. It would be a little fun to show up at one of their snooty gatherings that I usually don’t attend anymore. Show up with…you.” He said and finally got a full grin.
 
She returned his smile. This was closer to the Mikael she knew. "I'd be happy to go with you." She agreed quickly. "I always loved watching them squirm when I was at your house. It would be funnier at one of their fancy dinners. Watch them try to pretend they don't hate me." She smiled again, slipping her hand into his. "And as for all that other stuff...I want to be friends again. So, if it takes years then...that's ok."
 
She returned his smile. This was closer to the Mikael she knew. "I'd be happy to go with you." She agreed quickly. "I always loved watching them squirm when I was at your house. It would be funnier at one of their fancy dinners. Watch them try to pretend they don't hate me." She smiled again, slipping her hand into his. "And as for all that other stuff...I want to be friends again. So, if it takes years then...that's ok."

He smirked with a half smile.
“I don’t know if it would take years to be friends again. It is just how tolerant and committed you are to this. I have a large amount of baggage. I haven’t had much of an interest being around people…other than at school.” He replies.

“It is like a switch I guess…I can turn the switch for school to do what is needed to become doctor Mikael. Not so much for me otherwise….so can your friendship reverse that is the question.” He adds.
 
Back
Top