What are you doing to help?

LordMagicMan said:
:rolleyes: Lit misreading what I write go figure.

Then leave. I doubt you'll be missed, whoever you are.

I assumed that most of the board was doing things and wanted to know what they where doing.

No you didn't, you started out blasting us for running our mouths. Living up to your expectations or explaining myself to you isn't on my list of things to do.

Christ, you aren't even worth a fuck you.
 
Perhaps I shouldn't have been so rash last night. I think it kinda all hit me at once...and so I posted with pure rhyme and no reason.

LMM, I certainly don't want to downplay your efforts both In your real life and in your encouragement to spur others to action here on the BB.

What I would like to address is the way in which you go about it. Have you ever heard the old saying that you attract more flies with honey that vinegar? It's true. Had you started this thread with ideas on what/how to volunteer your time and efforts, I'm POSITIVE you would have gotten a favorable response.

In light of the fact that everyone here, be it Americans or otherwise, are very obviously traumatized and hurting, don't you think compassion is what we all need right now?

Because I don't want to be known as the type of person I portrayed myself last night, I'm editing that post. My apologies. I'm sure you were trying to help. :)
 
Simply Southern is right... so are the others... LMM - take a good look at the first words in your post - they are accusatory!
I've read alot of political BS on this board and its relaly starting to erk me. Lots of people running their mouth and saying so little. Why dont you take your politics to some real political BBs? Afraid they'll tear apart your cases? You are right.

But anyway... What are you doing to help? Donate money? Give blood?

In retrospect I feel my response to you on page one of this thread was too light. But I've followed a path of trying not to add to people's stress, and trying to be calm for my own sake as well as others.

You came to the board and immediately started slinging arrows - casting blame - and you did so before reading through the threads - seeing what people had been going through...

Simply Southern said:
Had you started this thread with ideas on what/how to volunteer your time and efforts, I'm POSITIVE you would have gotten a favorable response.

She's absolutely right. Except for the actions of a few assholes ALL positive comments, suggestions, stories, have gotten warm responses.

I responded the way I did in defense of all those here I know have been doing everything within their power to help. And I responded the way I did because your efforts came from your heart and you too have been trying to help...

But the attitude has to go, dude...
 
i think the best thing anyone can do even more importent perhaps then giving blood or donating money is to be nice to people that are around them and to help them

LMM think before you talk just because you did give blood doesnt mean you should come here and say things that might upset people ... nobody really knows people here nobody really knows what they are going through ... people here have been great and very surportive to everybody im touched by the kindness of people here and im sure they are just like that in real life too
 
Dillinger said:
Simply Southern is right
She's absolutely right.

Just in case anyone missed it, he said I was right TWO times in that post.

Awwwww....I feel all warm and mushy inside. :)
 
I applaud the openhearted efforts shown by Literoticians in this time of stunning need. In his words, LMM has shown some of the strain we've all been feeling, some of the tired horror.

We're all feeling the strain. Perhaps some increased tolerance and empathy to others among us, those who might not have our ability to be even-handed, is required of us all now?

What have i done?

I donate blood regularly and, so, cannot for several weeks more. That's okay, though, cuz the Red Cross in my town has said people need to make appointments to donate and that all the appointment spaces are filled until the middle of next week.

I donated money, of course, to both the Red Cross and the Salvation Army.

I went on a closet-cleaning frenzy yesterday and cleaned out a lot of old clothes, male/female adult, female teenager, and little boy. The boxes contain a wide variety of clothing and shoes, some of them warm things from last winter that my kids outgrew over the summer. I'm going to bring them to the Salvation Army today. There are people in need of more than blood in NYC.

I cleaned out my pantry, too, and will be bringing boxes of non-perishables to the Salvation Army as well.

I gave my daughter money to contribute to her school's donations drive.

I don't know what else to do.
 
Back
Top