“College” means over 18, right??

But if you go too far, you'll run afoul of that other Lit rule:

"I'd just shown up in the morgue, when all of a sudden...
Now I want to know, what if a story takes place in the afterlife??? Rejected because the character hasn’t been a ghost 18 years yet? Or because the ghost is technically dead??
I’m joking of course……

If I find any sort of "maybe someone will be offended" disclaimer note on the front of a story, I'm not going to read the story.
I wasn't referring to a "maybe someone will be offended" disclaimer, I was referring to a statement about characters being over eighteen. Certainly making sure that the statement is included in the notes to admin makes sense as well.

Wasn’t it generally said that high school seniors were considered 18 by the site?
I wouldn't know where or when, but I don't see why that would even make any sense. At any rate, I've never seen that statement, by site management or by anyone else, and I've seen the opposite advice every single time I've ever seen it come up: That if they're high schoolers, even seniors, you have to say they're over 18 in order to ensure approval.

I wasn't referring to a "maybe someone will be offended" disclaimer, I was referring to a statement about characters being over eighteen. Certainly making sure that the statement is included in the notes to admin makes sense as well.
Yes. The one I used was just "All characters in this story are over the age of 18." Apparently, this was enough. I put it at the top of the story and said that I had done so in the note to admin.

~BT73

Those are synonymous. *Sigh* Do whatever amateurish thing you wish.

Now I want to know, what if a story takes place in the afterlife??? Rejected because the character hasn’t been a ghost 18 years yet? Or because the ghost is technically dead??
I’m joking of course……

I was joking too, but I no longer am... I was talking about the technical death, but now I'm thinking about a Halloween story where some corpse comes in and the late-night morgue attendant gets seduced by the ghost... hmm.

... but now it won’t even let me submit again?

What do you mean, "it won't let me submit again?" That's the first time I've heard that - usually you can keep on resubmitting till the cows come home.
Are we just skipping past that tasty morsel?

But if you go too far, you'll run afoul of that other Lit rule:

"I'd just shown up in the morgue, when all of a sudden..."
... I realized it was a front for a string of hookers.

(Night Shift -- Henry Winkler)

I was joking too, but I no longer am... I was talking about the technical death, but now I'm thinking about a Halloween story where some corpse comes in and the late-night morgue attendant gets seduced by the ghost... hmm.
Or what if the corpse sits up, straightens her neck and complains about how her head keeps falling over?

(Death Becomes Her; Meryl Streep, Goldie Hawn)

Where did you put it, in the story?

I also use 'college' or 'university' as a way of saying 18 or more, and I try to put it as soon as possible, if it's relevant.

Or perhaps mention that it's college students in the title or description.

Yes.

But some people here try to say High School isn't allowed, then the term baby sitter isn't allowed, boy, girl, teen...but go search those words and get back to me after you scroll through countless stories.

I don't recall anybody saying that "babysitter" is banned in stories. If they did, that was wrong; like you say there are plenty of examples.

But it does seem to be banned as a story tag: https://tags.literotica.com/babysitter/

Just going to say... My first boyfriend started high school at 11yo and university at 15yo. There's definitely some rare under-18s in post-secondary school.

'College' in the UK can mean pretty much any educational establishment - part of a higher education institution (university), eg Trinity College, Oxford, or UCL or Imperial College (now universities in their own right), or a 'sixth form college' which runs A-levels and other courses for years 12 and 13, ie age 16 to 19.

A 'further education college' may include 6th form courses as well as other options for adults below degree level.

And many secondary schools (age 11+) call themselves a college, eg Eton College, age 13 and up.

As far as Lit is concerned, it's the same as for the US - final year of school is OK as long as you explicitly mention the characters are 18 and they don't act younger. I have a mention of an 'upper sixth boarding house, so we were all eighteen, some of the international students nineteen or even twenty, and...'

And you can mention having had sex younger, as long as it's a brief mention and not at all erotic. Like "I efficiently lost my virginity and gained my GCSEs at sixteen, celebrated the end of my A-levels at eighteen, and went off to enjoy becoming a Literotica character."

I saw a fun one a couple of days ago.

One author was writing about a mother out and about with their children. It was a divorcee hook-up story and, while I didn't get very far with it, I don't think there was any hint of underage stuff about to go down. Nevertheless the author referred to 'her k**ds' all the way through.

One author was writing about a mother out and about with their children. It was a divorcee hook-up story and, while I didn't get very far with it, I don't think there was any hint of underage stuff about to go down. Nevertheless the author referred to 'her k**ds' all the way through.
"Kids" is a four-letter word.

Where did you put it, in the story?

I also use 'college' or 'university' as a way of saying 18 or more, and I try to put it as soon as possible, if it's relevant.

Or perhaps mention that it's college students in the title or description.
Very first paragraph. Maybe the fact that I mention a K-12 school is the problem?
“The rural community of St Mansville has one Church of the Holiest God, one grocery store, one cafe, one hardware store and three schools. One of those is a K-12 “public” school, although the entire school board consists of church elders who run the entire curriculum. The other two consist of the Women’s College and the Men’s College. These two campuses are located on opposite sides of the only highway leading both in and out of town.”

And then a little later
“In short, St. Mansville College is the dream school for conservative religious parents looking to keep their young adult children sheltered and pure after high school. And for this reason many young adults are sent to these colleges from all over the country.

Margaret was one of those young adults.”

Very first paragraph. Maybe the fact that I mention a K-12 school is the problem?
“The rural community of St Mansville has one Church of the Holiest God, one grocery store, one cafe, one hardware store and three schools. One of those is a K-12 “public” school, although the entire school board consists of church elders who run the entire curriculum. The other two consist of the Women’s College and the Men’s College. These two campuses are located on opposite sides of the only highway leading both in and out of town.”

And then a little later
“In short, St. Mansville College is the dream school for conservative religious parents looking to keep their young adult children sheltered and pure after high school. And for this reason many young adults are sent to these colleges from all over the country.

Margaret was one of those young adults.”

Ahhh.

So. If Margaret is having lots of religious cult-based sex as a college-aged woman, that means she was raised in an environment where that same cult controlled her education from K-12. Meaning, whatever sexual proclivities the cult is into would logically be assumed to have been conditioned into the little kids, too.

I'd definitely remove the K-12 reference. I might even remove all reference to curriculum or schooling in particular. I think you can trust the readers to infer that the cultists run the elementary schools, if they want to think about it all that much.

Just my best guess. If the beliefs espoused by the cult involve sex, the site wouldn't want those beliefs mentioned in a K-11 context.

Wait, did the author say "k**ds" and censor the text? Or did they say "kids" and you're censoring it?

It's been asserted by some, yes. Not validated by the site acquisitions editor, though.

I think indexing it to "college" is enough to take care of the over 18 issue. If it's rejected, I think it's because of some other reference.
I've had stories kicked back for "under age" college students, usually adding a note that they're 18-21 usually fixes the issue.

Back