13 Days of Scary Movies 2024! 🎃👻🕸🕷🔪🩸👽💀🤖⛪️🪓😱🦇

Day 1: The very first scary movie you ever saw.

A Nightmare On Elm Street when I was 5 years old not long after its theatrical release. Scared the absolute shit out of me but I also fell in love with it at the same time. Remains my favorite horror movie to this day.
Well I feel better about letting my daughter watch Paranormal Acitvity at too young an age now 🤣

Day 1: The very first scary movie you ever saw

I really can't say for sure. I just know when I was six or seven all my friends at school were already watching slasher flicks (or so they said) and I was begging my mom and being denied. Let's just say it took a long time to appreciate that that was a pretty normal response on her part 😂

I do remember watching The Haunting when it came out on VHS or maybe DVD? It wasn't too intense and I've always loved ghosts so it was a better place to start lol.

MV5BMzBhMThiM2YtMWQ1OS00NmMyLWI4NGMtMjE3YzBmMTBiODJhL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg
I love this book but have not ever watched this film 🤣

I didn’t really get into horror until High School. I was more a fantasy/sci-fi movie nerd before then. There are plenty of scary scenes in those movies but I think the first movie I saw that really unsettled me was this one.

I remember seeing this at a theater. I thought the title sounded "cool". :ROFLMAO:

Oops... a little late on the first day. 😬😅

The Fall of the House of Usher with Vincent Price. I'm surprised Mom let us watch it at all. I remember hiding behind her Lazyboy recliner with one of my sisters peeking out at the tv when I felt brave. Watched it recently and it was so cheesy but I still tensed up. lol

A Nightmare On Elm Street when I was 5 years old not long after its theatrical release. Scared the absolute shit out of me but I also fell in love with it at the same time. Remains my favorite horror movie to this day.
Did you know this year is the 40th anniversary of the original Nightmare? :)

I met Robert Englund, Heather Lagenkamp, Ronee Blakely, and Amanda Wyss at a con this year. It’s my favorite horror movie to this day, too.

Poltergeist

I saw this when I was way too young. Apparently, many kids saw this way too young because of its PG rating. Gotta love the 80s parenting

https://nerdist.com/article/poltergeist-introduced-kids-to-horror-summer-of-82/?amp

giphy.gif
This was also an early one for me. I think I’d read the mad magazine parody or had a friend tell me the whole story (as we did in those days) so I was more prepared. But still….*shudder*

Poltergeist

I saw this when I was way too young. Apparently, many kids saw this way too young because of its PG rating. Gotta love the 80s parenting

https://nerdist.com/article/poltergeist-introduced-kids-to-horror-summer-of-82/?amp

giphy.gif
Previous movie I posted was the first I remember over all but this was my first in a theater.

Fuck that clown doll. That asshole would have never been allowed in my bedroom.

Poltergeist

giphy.gif
Something more to freak you out? Some of the skeletons used in the pool scene were actual human remains, as it was cheaper to buy them from a medical supply company than fabricate real looking bones from plastic. Spielberg has verified that. But the "decaying flesh" part is a myth, if that helps

Back