1st person

KillerMuffin said:

How does erotica differ from male adolescent teen angst that a woman cannot write a first person male perspective and vice versa?
Let me please refer you to my original quote:

M.A.Thompson said:

Not to insult others as this is just my opinion, but I have trouble believing a story written in first person by someone the opposite sex of their narrator. Just how I feel.
Never did I say a woman could not write a first person male perspective or vice versa. What I was trying to say (and unsuccessfully it seems) was that I personally have a difficult time believing a story written that way. I was referring to stories I have read here at Lit, specifically male author/female POV, even though that was not stated, just hopefully implied based on the topic I was responding to.

For the record, I have read such stories here and yes, I have found them unconvincing, however that does not mean that it cannot be done successfully.

Part of what makes erotica work for me is the plausibility factor. When the author tells me something about “her pussy” or “her passion” or “her (anything else a female may want, have, need, ect…)”, part of me wants to believe it. Frankly, that is what gets me off. If I know a guy wrote it, it ain’t working for me. I actually find it a little humorous for some reason as I cannot imagine myself writing first person about anatomy I do not possess.

Again, I am not saying it is wrong or cannot be done; just that it is not my thing. Neither is incest, BDSM or non-consent for that matter but to each his or her own. You write your stuff, I’ll write mine and if our tastes disagree, well than that is what makes this place so great!!!

Back