2014 Gunfight!

The showdown begins this Sunday! :devil:

I have Playcatch, Tzara and Lauren for judges as far as I can tell. Is this correct, and are all three still ready, willing and able? A reminder that judges have a full 24 hours to make a decision.
In the course of those twenty-four hours, I can not only judge a poetics competition at Lit, I can watch an important (well, to Americans, or, more exactly, me) match in American football, try to work on my MFA applications, read my local, ailing newspaper, and probably brew a cuppa or two of tea.

I think I'm right now GMT-8, but I'm always way confused about that.

So I think I'm in (He says, adjusting his tinfoil hat). Hello? Hello?

In the course of those twenty-four hours, I can not only judge a poetics competition at Lit, I can watch an important (well, to Americans, or, more exactly, me) match in American football, try to work on my MFA applications, read my local, ailing newspaper, and probably brew a cuppa or two of tea.

it says you posted at 3.12 am and it's now 9.23 my time so that's only just over 6 hours difference there between our posts so i don't think you can be -8. harry's in tennessee and is gmt-6.

What - you couldn't fit in the ballet? I'm so disappointed.

it says you posted at 3.12 am and it's now 9.23 my time so that's only just over 6 hours difference there between our posts so i don't think you can be -8. harry's in tennessee and is gmt-6.
Most of TN is Central Time, though the eastern part is Eastern Time. I'm Pacific Time, which is two hours later than CST and officially GMT-8. Right now we're on Daylight Savings Time, which would be an hour earlier than "normal," or the equivalent of GMT-7.

Most of TN is Central Time, though the eastern part is Eastern Time. I'm Pacific Time, which is two hours later than CST and officially GMT-8. Right now we're on Daylight Savings Time, which would be an hour earlier than "normal," or the equivalent of GMT-7.
*facepalm* i should have asked what time (for you) did you make that post, not do a wrong sum :eek:

*facepalm* i should have asked what time (for you) did you make that post, not do a wrong sum :eek:
That's OK. I keep getting it wrong myself.

I am, though, Pacific Time. Officially, I think, UTC-8.

What - you couldn't fit in the ballet? I'm so disappointed.
*snortgiggle*

No, of course it's not DST. We just came off DST in November.

Memo to self: Do not post before fully awake.

That's OK. I keep getting it wrong myself.

I am, though, Pacific Time. Officially, I think, UTC-8.
jeezus h... TN, CT, ET, PT CST, GMT, DST, PT AND UTC? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek::eek::eek:
*head explodes*

jeezus h... TN, CT, ET, PT CST, GMT, DST, PT AND UTC? arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :eek::eek::eek:
*head explodes*

Now now...no exploding heads. Ya wanna give a person PTSD? :rolleyes:;)

:cool:

Last edited:
Sitting outside the saloon, pistol holstered, dust gusts. I grab my hat, flap the sand from my face and order a whiskey.

Just a reminder that tomorrow, Sunday, December 7 at 3:00pm EST and 20:00 GMT there will be a live poetry showdown between Remec and Butters. I will start a new thread for the challenge.

Just a reminder that tomorrow, Sunday, December 7 at 3:00pm EST and 20:00 GMT there will be a live poetry showdown between Remec and Butters. I will start a new thread for the challenge.

we all see the rules and agenda at the same time?

Cue The Good, The Bad and The Ugly theme song

Death of a Punfighter

Standing in the middle of a dusty,
windblown street, refuse scuttled
into shady corners. Lately, misery
has been my closest friend.

That happens when you've turned
into something you can't change
or bury deep inside an outer skin.

Where do I begin
and the page leave off?
Maybe we're all just ink
inside the pen.

(Taps microphone) Test? Test? (Taps microphone) Tes... SKREEEEEEEEEE!!!! (Frantically flips off microphone switch)

(Flips microphone switch back on, looks offstage right) You sure? (Taps at microphone, gently) Hello?

(Indistinct dialogue from offstage right) You're sure? (Mumble, right) Well, OK.

(Taps at microphone, warily)

Yes (somewhat hesitantly), I will be there tomorrow.

(Background hum)

I think you need to turn the gain down a bit. (t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t-t)

SKREEEEEEont-t-t-t-t

imma ready - oops, wait a sec... *sticks on fake tache, lowers voice*

imma ready :cool:

Back