2014 Gunfight!

* Gets all gussied up in ma furbellow, ribbons 'n bows and sets on ma veranda a-waitin' th' 'citement.* :)

Well, I've waited a few minutes for Rem, but the deadline is the deadline and all is set to go. A new thread has been posted and the fight starts NOW! Poems to be submitted by 4:40 pm EST and 21:40 GMT.

Link to Gunfight challenge.

Well, I've waited a few minutes for Rem, but the deadline is the deadline and all is set to go. A new thread has been posted and the fight starts NOW! Poems to be submitted by 4:40 pm EST and 21:40 GMT.

Link to Gunfight challenge.

'Preciate the wait, guess the ole clock tower is a little off. I'll be moseyin' on over to check out these rules and such.

Great stuff. You've a bit of extra time due to the nature of the challenge.

Anyone else wishing to take the challenge should feel free to post at will. :kiss:

Cue The Good, The Bad and The Ugly theme song

Death of a Punfighter

Standing in the middle of a dusty,
windblown street, refuse scuttled
into shady corners. Lately, misery
has been my closest friend.

That happens when you've turned
into something you can't change
or bury deep inside an outer skin.

Where do I begin
and the page leave off?
Maybe we're all just ink
inside the pen.

Great to see you, Champs, and also fantastic to see that you haven't lost your edge. Love this poem!

* Gets all gussied up in ma furbellow, ribbons 'n bows and sets on ma veranda a-waitin' th' 'citement.* :)
Love that you showed up, Tess. I don't recall if it was you or Champs that used to live in my neck of the woods, but your use of the word furbelllow reminds me of a clothing shop I used to visit frequently. :)

Great stuff. You've a bit of extra time due to the nature of the challenge.

Anyone else wishing to take the challenge should feel free to post at will. :kiss:

Alright...finished but still considering it...my eye and ear tend to be a little more critical about these sorts of things....Maybe I'll see if anything else comes to mind while there's still time on the clock to work it out.

:cool:

Alright...finished but still considering it...my eye and ear tend to be a little more critical about these sorts of things....Maybe I'll see if anything else comes to mind while there's still time on the clock to work it out.

:cool:

Well, there is still time. I won't post anything until the time runs out. :)

Done! Woo hoo! Thanks to both Remec and Butters! In my eyes, you both win for being able to write under pressure. Congrats! :rose::kiss:

Back