A BDSM Book Club...

great beginner book

"Screw the Thorns Send Me the Roses" by Miller and Devon a D/s couple.

One of the better instructional/overview S/M books, with lots of technical info (with illustrations and photos) on bondage, leather, knot tying, whipping, spanking, promises and pitfalls of dominant-submissive relationships, and the real-life S/M scene. There is also an extensive Appendix containing a suggested reading list, as well as listings of support groups, computer bulletin boards, suppliers of equipment, and books.

Very classy - kind of like a Joy of Sex with a lot of kink.

I have read the Beauty chronicles... the first by accident, actually (another one fooled by the Anne Rice, good way to pass the time reading trap) I thought it was going to be Rice's pass at the Brothers Grimm. Anyway, once I got over the shock (I was about 16) I enjoyed some parts, but was repulsed by others. I have since bought all three books, but I too do alot of skipping.

Niteshade:kiss:

Re: great beginner book

Impish said:
"Screw the Thorns Send Me the Roses" by Miller and Devon a D/s couple.

One of the better instructional/overview S/M books, with lots of technical info (with illustrations and photos) on bondage, leather, knot tying, whipping, spanking, promises and pitfalls of dominant-submissive relationships, and the real-life S/M scene. There is also an extensive Appendix containing a suggested reading list, as well as listings of support groups, computer bulletin boards, suppliers of equipment, and books.

Very classy - kind of like a Joy of Sex with a lot of kink.

GREAT book. I devoured a copy at a friends house one weekend. I really do need to get my own copy. I love the nice oversized...welll....size of it too. LOL.

~anelize

Back