a-c-c-o-m-o-d-a-t-e.... DAMN!

Briquita querida,

We use flat in SF. Whenever I call a cab they always ask if the address is a house or a flat. Guess that doesn't help you though.

Still having a fine and unanxious day,

gracefully, Perdita :rose:

ohhh, i love it!

Briquita!!!

I am in alt!

I want to change my name! I wonder if Laurel will let me.

Only drawback is typing all those Q's. hmmmm....

You are grace embodied, dear.

:rose: b

Acquaintence, ecstacy [no, ecstasy], emmmbbarrrrrassssment (or something like that), hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia, and, of course, bottem.

The truly enjoyable thing is when you put your hand on the wrong set of keys. tkem ot REA::Y gets omterestomg.

My nemeses:

awkward, ackward ? (always look it up, but not now)
renown, reknown ? (ditto)

and I never know whether toward requires an 's'

I also used to spell dilemna (which I like) but was forced to make it dilemma (silly spelling to me).

perdita said:

and I never know whether toward requires an 's'

Having recently looked this up myself, it seems "toward" and "towards" are interchangeable when used as a preposition. So, you could write . . . he walks toward the boat or he walks towards the boat.

SSBC :cool:

Thanks so much, Sexy.

Here's a :kiss: coming toward you. (I prefer no 's'.)

Perdita

Perdita,

My pleasure.

To "s" or not to "s"--whatever rocks your boat.

SSBC :cool:

bridgetkeeney said:
On another thread people have started listing the words they can never spell correctly the first time.

Accommodate is one that I just can't type without stopping to think first.

What are y'all's?

"Probably" is probably my most frequent.

Personally I haven't met a word yet I couldn't misspell (had to look this up... again) but the most embarrassing blooper was using prostrate for prostate-- twice!!

Jayne

Idiosyncracies. Is the last c supposed to be an s? It doesn't LOOK right with an s.

Always spell the singular first

CWatson said:
Idiosyncracies. Is the last c supposed to be an s? It doesn't LOOK right with an s.

I have to spell the singular first: idiosyncracy.. then follow the plurals of words ending in 'y' rule.

Doesn't just roll off the fingers though, does it?

:rose:b

concious and conscience always mess me up.

Re: Always spell the singular first

Originally posted by bridgetkeeneyconcious and conscience always mess me up.
Conscious. There's the sc in both. :)

Re: Re: Always spell the singular first

CWatson said:
Conscious. There's the sc in both. :)

seee.... even thinking about it i blow it.

thanks, CW.

Re: Re: Re: Re: perzactly

bridgetkeeney said:
Anything for you, Querida.

Another word I have to think about: apartment. Too bad I am not British, then I'd just spell flat.

apartment..reminds me of Stephen Wright's line.

Why do they call them apartments if they're all stuck together?

Hello Agedmac. I welcome you especially if your Lit. name implies what it seems to imply. We older folk (NOT old) seem a minority on Lit.; I love the "kids" but appreciate another weathered soul.

Will check out your stories soon.

Regards, Perdita :rose:

The waves of pleasure shook her body, annihalating ... annhiala ... anihil ... annihila...

destroying the last shreds of her self-restraint.

I think I found another one. How the hell do you spell it anyway?

The Earl

hiya

i'm crap with all spellings while writing things down, but usually manage to correct it as i re-read the piece.

i always read over anything i write before i'm happy it's all correct spelling and send it anywhere, i'm not the same with grammar, never been any good at that.

lorri xxxxxxxxx

I don't know why but I can always spot spelling mistakes. I don't look out for them; they just leap out of the page at me.

One word does give me trouble, though. That is argument.
I always want to spell it arguement.

Octavian

My Stories

Back