a "widely" read rejected text

Stats...

What about the accepted pieces? Do they collect "reads" when one looks at the stats?

I am not sure. In reading through the FAQs I read about the reads that seem to pop up while the submission was still pending. I originally assumed that the few reads I picked up while still in pending was the editors looking at the submittal. But the way the FAQs explain it, those reads are simply me looking at my stats. I have to wonder if all poems gain a read each time I look at the stats, I haven't experimented, but if the pending items gain a read with each visit, I would think all poems are gaining a read. I will have to experiment some and see what happens...

jim :)

Re: Stats...

jthserra said:
What about the accepted pieces? Do they collect "reads" when one looks at the stats?

I am not sure. In reading through the FAQs I read about the reads that seem to pop up while the submission was still pending. I originally assumed that the few reads I picked up while still in pending was the editors looking at the submittal. But the way the FAQs explain it, those reads are simply me looking at my stats. I have to wonder if all poems gain a read each time I look at the stats, I haven't experimented, but if the pending items gain a read with each visit, I would think all poems are gaining a read. I will have to experiment some and see what happens...

jim :)
Jim, I believe it is only the submissions that are pending that pick up the "visits" count. I would have a lot more reads on my poems if it were otherwise. :) However, maybe visiting your submissions site as often as possible might be one way to "jump-start" your number of hits on a submission. :)

Back