Age Difference in D/s

Pick 2 of the 4 Options Please.

• My D is usually older than me.

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • My s is usually younger than me.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I think there is a link to age in D/s pairs.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Nah....there\'s no link. Two separate things.

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters
The sub women seem to appreciate a more mature, experience man.....do the Doms like a less
mature, inexperienced sub?

If so.......what happens to older experienced subs?

Mature subs ought to be treasures, yes?
Y'know, cymbidia and I started a thread about experienced subs a while back. I'm not sure that any of us came to any conclusions, though.

On a more personal note, I'm the fifth out of six girls. However, I was always the oldest one living at home. Not sure what this has to do with anything, but I didn't want to keep my librarian...um, dark-framed glasses... on through this whole post!

I am the eldest and have three younger brothers.

The greatest age difference for me has been 16 years. He was older. 53 to my 37 years.

AS I posted on another thread, I wonder if the issues isn't really age "difference" as much as age "group."

NemoAlia said:

I'm the fifth out of six girls. However, I was always the oldest one living at home.

Birth order is interesting stuff. It turns on dynamics, so in your situ, you could be more like the elder in the second grouplet of kids, or more like a younger, depending on how you were treated and how you felt in the pecking order of your family.

If you were to select a mate by looking at birth order, MissT, you'd look for a man the youngest of four, ideally with three older sisters.

Obviously that would be like using only astrology, or numerology or politics or religion or education or hair color ....to pick a mate....but it's worth a look as "a" factor to consider.

If nothing else, an interesting field to learn about. If you like that sort of thing.

MissTaken said:
I am the eldest and have three younger brothers.

The greatest age difference for me has been 16 years. He was older. 53 to my 37 years.

AS I posted on another thread, I wonder if the issues isn't really age "difference" as much as age "group."

Age & D/s are different things, to me.

Then again, I'm the oldest & a switch, so make of that what you will. ;)

Lancecastor said:
If you were to select a mate by looking at birth order, MissT, you'd look for a man the youngest of four, ideally with three older sisters.

I can only say, an only child was the gravest mistake I have ever made.

Any partner I spend time with needs to have some experience with siblings or children.

I want to know that they can play well with others as well as share me and my time with my children. (The job is secondary.)

Lancecastor said:
What's the greatest age difference you've encountered in your personal D/s experience?

I figured I'd chime in here. I think I have the record. 31 years. He's older.

Is there a strong correlation between older D's and younger s's?

I don't know. I personally have always dated much older men. But that's just me.

Do you think it's more prevalent than in non-kink relationships?

Again, wouldn't know. This so far has been my only kinked relationship. I have, however, always known I am submissive, so maybe I've gravitated to dominant personalities in the past as a result.

Is age (chrono or emotional) bound to D/s by its very nature?

Might be. I've always been of above average intelligence, and above average maturity. Not a brag, that's other's perceptions of me. I don't know if I'd agree all time. Still, I find men near my age (25) to be juvenile with no respect or decorum when it comes to relationships. In the last three years since I've been in school, I've come across all of ONE person near my own age, and he is younger (20) that I would have considered dating.

As far as birth order, I'm an only child. That's why I'm so messed up. :)

I love to have an older man dominate me. We just bought some fun toys tonight and we plan on having a great night trying them out.

The oldest I've been with was in his early 50's...I'm 36. At this time, there is an older gentleman that's interested in more from me...he's in his early 70's...not sure about that one at all. To be honest, I'd be afraid I'd give him a heart attack. Have to admit, I prefer older men...they seem to know exactly what they want and aren't afraid to tell you.

I appreciate your threads..they give me lots to think about...

Liza

Back