Another Writing Challenge

writing challenge

Ray...I may be new and have no business saying anything, but...there was really only one problem I found with your short scene...Micha....although spelled different, it is also my oldest daughters name...so it was difficult to get past that...other than that..I though you did good with what you had to work with... RF...you did a thourough job with yours...I think I may rape my bf tonight..LOL...not that I need to read erotic material to get turned on by him...I just need him...:D :p

wildsweetone said:
only teasing dear :) i'd have write upsidedown and inside out to get that bad (notice how humble i am rofl) i'm still teasing by the way. lol

i think the main problem here is that the authors are in one pile and the readers in another.

the basic reader is here to jack off (or try to). the grammar doesn't matter too much if it's not badly in-your-face, the title doesn't matter at all.

the things we authors strive to achieve, matter only to us authors. yet that's what we mainly want the votes on.

there should be separate voting areas for authors and readers. unfortunately that still doesn't eliminate a nasty author vote.

when i vote i consider:
spelling
grammar
does it make sense?
is it possible?
is it interesting?
did it turn me on?
did i get any other emotions from it?
was i dragged along helplessly with the story? (meaning was it so good i ignored everything else)
was the ending delicious? (did it have a twist or innuendo or something to make me hunt out the authors other stories in the hope for more of the same)

I totally agree with you...as a fellow author. I am not sure who to try and please when I write...myself...other authors...or the ppl that just want to mastubate. I try to find a happy medium, but I am not sure if I am very successful.:(

Hi DVS

DVS said:
So, are we thinking there is an actual voting vandal here? Are we jumping to conclusions, or is there actual proof someone is out to sabotage the voting?

I have seen my votes go along fine, then all of the sudden WHAM I will be hit with a 1 for no apparent reason.
+++++

My references to a "1" vandal are not to a specific person.
Let's just say there are one or more persons who seem to like to damage the ratings of higher-rated stories for the fun(malicious glee?) of it. One can't be sure of motives, but I'm simply lumping together those who don't (it appears) really examine the story or express feelings in detail, about it, but vote just the same.

There are of course 'sincere' "1" votes: someone hates a particular story after having read and digested it.

What is the actual evidence. In BDSM, on occasion, all of the top 10-15 stories drop significantly, say by about .2. So that there were 15 stories above 4.5, and now there are just a couple. Overnight. It would appear each of those stories got a couple 1's.

There is, I should say, another phenomenon, not quite vandalism.
The "Competitive" "1". Again this is an inference, but if only 3 of the top 4 stories are hit (drop) suddenly, it's possibly the work of the author of the story/poem that did NOT drop OR, more commonly, the doing of some of his/her overzealous fans or friends. (Cui bono? as they say--who benefits?).

Jack.

Re: writing challenge

SweetSexyLady said:
Ray...I may be new and have no business saying anything, but...there was really only one problem I found with your short scene...Micha....although spelled different, it is also my oldest daughters name...so it was difficult to get past that...other than that..I though you did good with what you had to work with... RF...you did a thourough job with yours...I think I may rape my bf tonight..LOL...not that I need to read erotic material to get turned on by him...I just need him...:D :p

SweetSexyLady, Thanks :eek:

Being new doesn't invalidate your opinion, and I appreciate your kind words. Sorry about the name, I bet that can be disconcerting when an author uses your daughter's name in an erotic story. I will avoid Micha from now on :)

Have fun tonight ;)

Ray

Back